Who's your 11 favorite active fighters

hell yeah, Conceciao has problems pushing himself and has lapses but when he's on the dude can box with the best of them. I'd actually love to see him box with Rakhimov, which could happen because I'd pick Conceciao in a rematch over Valdez easy and I think Rakhimov beats Ogawa.

Estrada and Donaire? Well I just love the golden oldies.
i’m a huge fan of conceição but he reminds me of rigondeaux, negatively, at times with his willingness to play 100% defense and effectively showboat with his defensive skills. he’s really an elite fighter though and i would love to see a valdez rematch before it’s too late for him.

i’m a huge fan of conceição but he reminds me of rigondeaux, negatively, at times with his willingness to play 100% defense and effectively showboat with his defensive skills. he’s really an elite fighter though and i would love to see a valdez rematch before it’s too late for him.
yeah I actually totally agree. A little less of the flashy, super dramatic slips we see with Rigo, and a bit higher output, but the same lapses in focus and lack of urgency that we see in Rigo sometimes. Still, I'd love to see a Valdez rematch, I didn't agree at all with that first decision and he's the rightful WBC champion in my eyes.

edit: side note but Brazils team development has really been an underdiscussed story in amateur boxing.

yeah I actually totally agree. A little less of the flashy, super dramatic slips we see with Rigo, and a bit higher output, but the same lapses in focus and lack of urgency that we see in Rigo sometimes. Still, I'd love to see a Valdez rematch, I didn't agree at all with that first decision and he's the rightful WBC champion in my eyes.

edit: side note but Brazils team development has really been an underdiscussed story in amateur boxing.
i’ve always felt brazil was a super talented crop but soccer & mma are still king over there. wish conceição could become as big of a star as popo to really drive up the passion for boxing over there. they loved popo freitãs something fierce.

i’ve always felt brazil was a super talented crop but soccer & mma are still king over there. wish conceição could become as big of a star as popo to really drive up the passion for boxing over there. they loved popo freitãs something fierce.

I don’t think football has any relevance to their boxing talent pool, as it’s the main sport in most countries around the world. Loads of countries are as football mad as Brazil!
More traditional martial arts seem to be more popular in Brazil (France is the same) so they excel more at MMA/kickboxing etc

Canelo, Crawford, Inoue, Fury, RyGa, Beterbiev, Shakur

Canelo
Julian Williams
Big Charlo
Little Charlo
Inoue
Donaire
Tevin Farmer
Bud Crawford
Loma
Tank Davis
Chocolitito
Beterbiev
Wilder
Fury
Usyk

Thats 15 right there.

Based on who provided me the most entertainment of late, not who I necessarily root for:

Fury
Zurdo
Usyk
Wilder
Matias
Tank
Lomachenko
Canelo
Okolie
Anderson Silva
Jerry Forrest

I rarely post, but this is a fun topic. In descending order.

Josh Taylor
Oleksandr Usyk
Naoya Inoue
Nonito Donaire
Chocolatito
Juan Francisco Estrada
Mairis Briedis
Kazuto Ioka
Jaron Ennis
Vergil Ortiz Jr.
Janibek Alimkhanuly

If we're doing 15,