Whos Willing To Admit The UFC Hype Machine Took Them For A Ride

TallGHunter

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Anderson Sillva. All the bs rogan, goldturd, and dana tried to shove down our throat about how great he is/was?

Who here can admit they were taken in by the hype machine?

The guy was never great. For the most part, it was just people buying into the hype.

Anderson Sillva. All the bs rogan, goldturd, and dana tried to shove down our throat about how great he is/was?

Who here can admit they were taken in by the hype machine?

The guy was never great. For the most part, it was just people buying into the hype.
The trolls sure are out tonight. Typical.

giphy.gif

Before the July of 2013, I thought Anderson was going to crush Weidman and the new Strikeforce signings. This sport really does evolve quick.....

USADA pretty much ended Silva's career. The guy is a shell of himself without PED help. If you told me pre-USADA that Silva would get out struck by Bisping, I would have threw a pie at your face. Until the knee happened, Bisping was clearing winning the stand up. So weird seeing Silva so hesitant and getting dropped by Bisping.

Please remove thread... He more than lived up to his hype through the course of his career and will go down as one of the greatest ever in the sport, stop trolling mate.

The dude is over 40 years old! Undefeated for 9 years. Not only that, the sport is constantly changing and what may work now may not work later. The guy relies on speed and reflex, the first things to go when you age.

If the SF fighters were in the ufc and he was facing them instead of some of the C levels fighters he was facing, you'd see how overrated he actually was

He had a great run in a decent division at the time nothing more.

Way he ran through it was also part of the hype, when you win like that well shit son.

Anderson Silva IS special. He always was and in many ways still is. There's no one else like him. His best performances speak for themselves.

However I feel some of you definitely mystified him and ignored some of his flaws.

Wasn't great? A ride? WTF. He's 41. He's considered the long-time MW GOAT. He just went 5 rnds with the current No. 5 MW. He arguably won 2-3 rounds. WTF am I missing that translates to a ride I'm supposed to have been taken upon? WTF translates to shitting on his prime years as "never great"?

My god the quality members has gone to hell..

We really do have the dumbest fans out of any sport, thanks TS for contributing to that

Undefeated for almost decade and has the record for most title defenses and consecutive defenses in the UFC, if that's hype...Whats legit?

He's 40...

Let's not act shocked that a 40 year old who spent a year off due to injury, and another year off from suspension, would return and destroy the division.

He's just gotten old.

If the SF fighters were in the ufc and he was facing them instead of some of the C levels fighters he was facing, you'd see how overrated he actually was
Anderson would have destroyed those bums in his prime.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back