whos to watch for best boxing/hands

supmaynnn

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
i was watching ufc greatest knockouts 1 and i notice vitor belfort is really good with hands, who else is a good fighter to watch if i want to see boxing

are there any people that are especially good in one thing like kicks/elbows/knees too?

Hmmm... well it's MMA man, you wont see much straight boxing... Just watch boxing lol.

Floyd Mayweather Jr. currently.

A guy with solid boxing skills IMO is Andrei Arlovski. He uses his hands to great effect.

Nogueira and Gomi both have some decent boxing skills for MMA.

You wont find the best punchers in MMA, like King Kabuki said Floyd Mayweather Jr. is the guy to watch for great hands.

in mma if you want to see people w/ solid boxing skills i would recomment watching jens pulver, esp his fight w/gomi; he used the jab..r.cross...hook very eff, he also showed gppd footwork, threw combos to the head and body, miced his shots..set up his punches..went through all his def checks and showed how to use ur arms, forearms to block head and body shots.. tht fight is the best example of boxing in mma.

other fighters arvloski...edwards..an in the early ufc's don frye v goodridge in the uu showed very good boxing in regards to body work, def, inside fighting, jab, r.hook and cross and fairly eff uppercuts..

but if u wanna see the best example of boxing watch floyd mayweather...antonio tarver or tapes of pernell whittaker..ricardo lopez...mark johnson..ray leonard and robinson.

supmaynnn said:
are there any people that are especially good in one thing like kicks/elbows/knees too?

chuck liddell is an awesome counter puncher .
wanderlei silva with the knees
cro cop with the kicks
david lousasous (or however the hell u spell that)'s elbows

Bernard Hopkins

Hopkins vs Glen Johnson at MW is a masterpiece of boxing.

definitely not vitor belfort. he is not a good boxer

For MMA, Belfort has some of the best hands in the business. Too bad he hasn't looked too great the last couple of years.

Anyways Hopkins has always had really good textbook boxing. Mike Tyson's earlier fights in the beginning of his career showed tremendous boxing skills.

parallax86 said:
chuck liddell is an awesome counter puncher .
wanderlei silva with the knees
cro cop with the kicks
david lousasous (or however the hell u spell that)'s elbows

Rizzo is right behind Cro Cop with best kicks.

Rizzo is right behind Cro Cop with best kicks.

Too bad he doesn't throw them.

I maintain he could have whooped Randy's ass both times they met if he hadn't been so gun-shy, everytime he kicked Randy had a big question mark floating over his head.

Floyd Maywether is definitely the man right now.

A good fight for what your looking for would Jen's Pulver vs. Takanori Gomi, I'm pretty sure it was at the lat pride shockwave show.

King Kabuki said:
Too bad he doesn't throw them.

I maintain he could have whooped Randy's ass both times they met if he hadn't been so gun-shy, everytime he kicked Randy had a big question mark floating over his head.

Yeah i agree. I remember on his second fight with Telligman, he threw a leg kick so hard that it spun Telligman around. It was pretty funny.

Hes training with chute boxe right now, I think its really gonna help him.

vitor's hands are good in that they have power explosivenesss and fluidness; in regards to overall boxing in mma, no his skills are subpar at best.. edwards..pulver..tellingham.. gomi....couture even has better hands...

Back