who's the next dominant champ in 145 division and up?

skullmaskkid

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
belt seems to be changing hand literally every event in every division, Thomson is the only guy I can forsee be a dominant champ once he dispatches Tyrone

Are we talking about WW or FW division? Because title doesn't match with OP

Thomson is the only guy I can forsee be a dominant champ once he dispatches Tyrone

Barring injury, this guy will be a dominant champ...

image.jpg

I don't see any clear dominant champions except Cormier making it, lack of depth and too competitive in the other divisions IMO.

I'm talking about all divisions above 135 pounds, all the belts are changing hands

if he stays at 145, definitely

oh my bad, didn't see the last part of the title

Healthy Khabib and Cain I think could have the better chances to be dominant champs
If Jones doesn't come back, Cormier is also a good bet IMO

Conor or Aldo in 145.
LW and WW probably won't have a long term champion for a while.
MW, maybe Weidman could bounce back and be a long term champion. Big maybe. I don't see Rockhold having a long reign if he takes the belt again, even though it's not outlandish either.
Cormier will have LHW on lockdown if/when/IF Jones makes it back.
At HW I can see Cain getting the belt back and having at home for the next 10 years where he fights like three times.

145: Max or Aldo
155: Khabib
170: no clue
185: I think if Luke gets it back hes holding it
205: DC
HW: cain

FW: Depends on whether or not Conor decides to stay. Probably not, though. So probably Max.

LW: Khabib has a good chance to beat everyone in the top 5.

WW: Probably Thompson.

MW: No foreseeable dominant champ for awhile. Weidman, Souza, Rockhold and Romero all have equally decent chances at winning the belt.

LHW: I think Gus is eventually going to win the title and keep it 'till Jones' return.

HW: Miocic or Cain.

Back