Who's the most similar fighter to Woodley that Nick Diaz has fought?

Goh

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Just curious and far too lazy to do the research myself.

Fk off TS, do your own work noob.

Josh Koscheck.

That's actually a good question and a tough one to answer. He hasn't fought anyone quite like Woodley. I guess it would be either Sean Sherk or GSP for their wrestling ability, but I wouldn't consider them very similar to Woodley at all. Maybe Joe Riggs back in the day? ...yeah, who knows?...

Semtex

I kid, i kid :D

In my defense, Semtex does look a bit like Woodley

i

Woodley is pretty much a heavier handed Sean Sherk

Josh Koscheck.
Definitely some similarities. Woodley is faster and more powerful, but both are outstanding wrestlers that began to rely more heavily on their standup once they discovered they had power. I'm surprised by how little Woodley shoots in his last few fights. Guy has amazing TD ability.

I'd say GSP although he couldn't finish a donut

I actually don't believe that Diaz has fought anyone that similar to Woodley...

Obviously the first name that comes to mind is GSP because of the explosive takedowns and the great top control, but GSP has shown a lot more jiu-jitsu than Woodley in his UFC-career. This could prove to be a big difference. Remember that GSP controlled Diaz on the ground while Woodley struggled a bit with Mein in Strikeforce. I know that the fight with Mein was a couple of years ago, but we haven't really seen the development in Woodley's bjj over the last couple of years.

Other than GSP I'd actually say Daley even though they're totally different fighters. But Daley like Woodley has that explosive punching power and speed. They set up their striking attacks differently, but Diaz might be better prepared to take a couple of bombs early from Woodley after his fight with Daley...

I'm not even much of a fan, but I think Woodley is one of a kind. That doesn't mean I think he's the greatest, but his power, ability to over distance, and wrestling are pretty unique. Someone mentioned Koscheck. They have similar styles if I remember Kos correctly, but I think Woodley is better at everything.

Back