Whos the greatest UFC HW to never win gold?

Reem and CroCop

CroCop was given a golden pathway to a UFC title (they paid big money for him at the time and he was fresh off the OWGP win) and I think UFC was sick of Couture at this time, CroCop was to annihilate undefeated prospects Sanchez and Gonzaga to win the casuals before a title but he crashed n burned. CC was always just short in PrideFC also, behind Nog and Fedor.

It's probably honestly Francis givin who he's beat and how he's beaten them.

But I'll throw Pedro Rizzo's name in the hat just because I like the guy.
Sad thing is, prime Rizzo would do WORK in the current ufc heavyweight division

Ngannou by far

Lol @ retards mentioning cans like Cro Cop who got KTFO by Schaub and lost likr 20 fights

Pretty sure those who mention Cro Cop aren't basing it on his UFC run.

Overeem and its not close. his chin is cracked and he needs to hang it up but hes easily one of the best hw ever

Reem and CroCop

CroCop was given a golden pathway to a UFC title (they paid big money for him at the time and he was fresh off the OWGP win) and I think UFC was sick of Couture at this time, CroCop was to annihilate undefeated prospects Sanchez and Gonzaga to win the casuals before a title but he crashed n burned. CC was always just short in PrideFC also, behind Nog and Fedor.

There was really no need for Gonzaga fight. No top fighters nowadays would accept that kind of fight. When you see the amount of calculation and pickyness today by likes of DC, Cro Cop should have protected himself in contract negotiations to have guaranteed shot at Couture or Sylvia, and not to risk in high risk low reward matches in totally different rules.

Cro Cop. He had a run as a top 3 HW that's longer than Reem's, who's been a top 10 fighter for longer, but not a top contender as long as CC was.

I've gotta be up there, top 3 at least.

I think it’s the Boa Constrictor Alexey Oleynik tbh.

Maybe it’s overeem but didn’t he win a Interim belt or something like that?
It's really fuckin hard to not say Ngannou tbh. His resume is pretty goddamn stacked at this point. KO wins over Cain, JDS, and Reem is quite the feat.

Overeem for me is the clear choice. Carwin had that interim thing but I damn sure expected he was destined for the championship and was at the door step for it but didn't finish Lesnar and gassed.

Ben Rothwell or Overeem. Ben beat Overeem easily though so will go with Big Ben

Big Nog only held an interim title, never the undisputed championship.
Randy hadn't fought in like 2 years, so for all intent and purposes Nogueria was pretty much the champion. Why the UFC didn't strip Randy? Who knows, shows you how hesitant they are to strip champions though.

I think most people considered Nog the champion and he even had a title defense which he lost if I can recall correctly.

Randy hadn't fought in like 2 years, so for all intent and purposes Nogueria was pretty much the champion. Why the UFC didn't strip Randy? Who knows, shows you how hesitant they are to strip champions though.

I think most people considered Nog the champion and he even had a title defense which he lost if I can recall correctly.
They set up a 4 man tournament for the undisputed heavyweight title. Nog lost to Mir, Couture lost to Lesnar, then Lesnar beat Mir.

Back