• Alanis Morissette

• Karen Carpenter

• Florence Welch

• Sinead O'Connor

• Lauryn Hill

• Annie Lennox

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Janis Joplin and alanis made the list, but no Tori Amos?

Voted for Mariah because she's the only one on the list that has a confirmed five octave voice and the greatest range.

She's certainly not my favorite though.

Prime Whitney Houston of the ones on that list.

LOL @ no Ella Fitzgerald.

I can't choose but speaking of great female singers there's a new one on the scene that I'm totally loving named Jade Bird. She reminds me a bit of Joni Mitchell at times.

I love this cover

Starts a bit weird but overall a great tune

ella fitzgerald and some of the classics? what a shit list...

Personally I'd go for Nina or Billie

Not saying they are better than anyone else, but they certainly mean more to me than any others

The poll is fantastic, but the most glaring omission is Barbara Streisand. You have to listen, really carefully listen, to appreciate how she uses her voice to ferry the listener's emotions. This entire song is one long, slow emotional crescendo that builds to the cathartic notes she belts out from 3:08-3-15. It's magnificent. It's probably my favorite female vocal performance of all time:

Don't sleep on Lady Gaga:

Oh, and she by no means belongs on the poll, but Tracy Bonham was something of a one-hit wonder from my youth, and this song remains one of the most distinctive hits I can recall from my life. It was hugely popular when it was released, and I read in an interview she said she did significant damage to her voice performing it at every concert in the tour that followed its breakout:

I can't choose but speaking of great female singers there's a new one on the scene that I'm totally loving named Jade Bird. She reminds me a bit of Joni Mitchell at times.

I love this cover

Starts a bit weird but overall a great tune

Reminds me of Janis Joplin.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back