Who's The GOAT Gatekeeper?

Weird that I used to think Fitch was kinda hot ?:D?
AGos.gif

latest
Haha no judgement from me. I have a (female) friend who has a crush on Vladimir Putin <45>That’s a pretty weird crush imo

Goat gatekeeper ...

Nate
Fitch
Hendo
Overeem
Florian
Nick Diaz
Maia
Faber
Cerrone

probably missing others...

seems to be some confusion between contender and gatekeeper

My choice is for Chris Lyttle

RDA since he lost the title. You beat RDA, you are the real deal. Separates the men from the boys.

alot of ppl are mentioning guys who fought for a title, so theyre no longer gatekeeper

in ufc it would be someone like guida or stephens

they were top 10 for a long time and got to title eliminators, but never fought for gold

Dustin Poirier… he is like the gatekeeper for the Top3 for a long time, if you beat him you might get the title, maybe not, but he himself will never become the undisputed ufc champion of any division.

see you in december

alot of ppl are mentioning guys who fought for a title, so theyre no longer gatekeeper

That's not how it works. The title is the gate, many gatekeepers make it to the doors and never walk though.

The premier example of this is Alexander Gustafsson.

Clay Guida is the correct answer

Faber was the best at his weight at the WEC, so I don’t count him. If the ufc had his weight class he would’ve been champ.
Sorry Guida is not the correct answer. Many people beat Guida, in order to be a gatekeeper u should atleast be in the top ten, just not good enough to beat the best but good enough to beat the rest. and once u beat a gatekeeper u enter the elite. I don't even know if Guida has ever been ranked in the top 10 or even 15. Dan hooker is on his way to being a gatekeeper, Brunson definitely one, Cowboy is also, RDA is another. Pettis used to be one before he started getting beat alot and left the UFC. Benavidez is another. Ubereem definitely not a gatekeeper, Overeem definitely a gatekeeper.

The only right answer. The man who fought the most, fought the best and came so close to gold without getting it.
BoringFearlessAmericanwigeon-size_restricted.gif

(I still believe in Donald) :)

Haha no judgement from me. I have a (female) friend who has a crush on Vladimir Putin <45>That’s a pretty weird crush imo
It might be the walk <45><45>:)
putin-walk-swag-walk.gif

That's not how it works. The title is the gate, many gatekeepers make it to the doors and never walk though.

but then anybody that wasn't champ is a gatekeeper which doesn't make sense

gatekeeper should be the gate between legit contenders and journeymen/prospects

someone like lil nog in ufc

he could hang with top guys, but was never a title contender.

Many great ones has already been metioned and would add Tecia Torres.
All here losses has been against future-champs (Rose, Weili & Andrade) and a ex-champ (Joanna), except Rodriguez that clearly have potential to be champ.

no that's not true. It's champions, then contenders then gatekeepers. Gatekeepers are the people who aren't good enough to be in contention to fight for the title but are good enough that if you beat them then you start fighting contenders.

Back