Who's the bigger star Brock Lesnar or Ronda Rousey?

LOL no it won't. GSP sells more then Ronda and Brock sold more then Conor. What would make you think McGregor + Rousey would beat by far the two best selling MMA fighters at their selling peak on a stacked card? There is nothing that suggest it would even beat UFC 100, never mind "crush it". GSP averaged 780k PPVs a fight, Brock averaged 980k PPV buys. Ronda averages 580k and she didn't even headline 3 or 4 of them. Conor has only had one PPV as a the headline and it did great, but still only around what Brocks average was and below what Brock was pulling around UFC 100. Crush it?

And no Rousey is not estimated to have cleared 800K+ for UFC 190. The only reliable source said she could possibly be over 800k. He said that her last fight too and she only sold 590k.

Wrong. RR's previous fight, including Canada's numbers, came out to over 700k. It was updated my Meltzer. Remind you, that was on one of the least stacked cards we've ever seen. Brock and GSP never headlined cards that weak- they always had undercard support.
McGregor and RR are as big of sellers as GSP and Brock.

Can ronda fans stop saying this. Sources said it had A CHANCE of being as high as 800+. That doesn't mean it was "estimated at 800K+ buys".

GSPs fight before UFC 100 did 950k (same as Conor and much higher then Ronda is estimated at). Brock's fight before UFC 100 did 1 million+. Add in a TUF coaches fight between two popular fighters (one from the UK) who hated each other, Sexyama's highly anticipated debut, the fact that its the 100th card and that Brock vs Mir 2 was HIGHLY anticipated due to the first fights controversy and the trash talk leading up to the fight.

What the fuck is your math exactly? Conor and Ronda sold less then GSP and Brock and it likely wont have close to as stacked a card around them.

Also don't most of the UK get the UFC cards for free? So Ronda and Conor likely would have allot of overlap when it comes to PPVs. The North American casual

Meltzer said it was estimated to be larger and could certainly be larger than 800K US buys. Dana White said that it's trending to be on par with UFC 189. Between the two, I don't think it's a stretch to estimate it at 800K+ buys within the continental US off the very early preliminary numbers.

While individually GSP and Lesnar were larger draws than either Rousey or McGregor, we shouldn't ignore that the audiences for GSP and Lesnar have more overlap than McGregor and Rousey.

McGregor brings in a national audience similar to GSP, but Rousey's audience doesn't overlap in anywhere near the same way that GSP and Lesnar overlap. They just don't synergize in the same way.

Finally, the next Rousey PPV will likely have even larger numbers than UFC 190. Rousey's media presence has increased exponentially just in the 2 days since UFC 190 similarly to how her presence exploded immediately after UFC 184.

Unlike other UFC fighters, Rousey's growth has been in leaps and bounds instead of incrementally. With each victory her media presence has exploded. Just since UFC 190 she added over 1M instagram followers and 300K twitter followers.

For at least the foreseeable future Rousey's PPV numbers are actually likely to dramatically increase versus stay on par with her last PPV.

We can disagree, but I stand by my belief that McGregor-Aldo + Rousey-Tate 3 would likely surpass UFC 100 in PPV buys.

Number one selling movie of all time is Avatar. Does one person have any idea of the name of the main villain in the movie? I seriously doubt it and he was a main character.

I remember Arnold said it as Abadah.

Number one selling movie of all time is Avatar. Does one person have any idea of the name of the main villain in the movie? I seriously doubt it and he was a main character.

Number one selling movie of all time is Shawshank Redemption. Do your research before posting next time.

Ronda is clearly the more versatile, household name and draws more than Lesnar, she was in Furious 7. And multiple movies in Hollywood. What movie was Lesnar in again? The only reason why he drew was because everyone in the wrestling world tuned in for him whereas everyone in Hollywood and the whole world tunes in for Ronda.

Then why did Brock sell more? Maybe Ronda is as popular as Brock, but Brock is far more popular then Ronda in the market that maters most. 18-35 year old males

Ronda is bigger. She is huge with opponents who were nobodies before facing her and go back to being nobodies after. Brock had Couture, Mir (he was very popular around that time), etc

Ronda is bigger. She is huge with opponents who were nobodies before facing her and go back to being nobodies after. Brock had Couture, Mir (he was very popular around that time), etc

You know why he was popular?

Mir never sold shit before Brock and was never even a main event fighter

Wrong. RR's previous fight, including Canada's numbers, came out to over 700k. It was updated my Meltzer. Remind you, that was on one of the least stacked cards we've ever seen. Brock and GSP never headlined cards that weak- they always had undercard support.
McGregor and RR are as big of sellers as GSP and Brock.

You got a source for that? And you know thats still less then GSP sold as champ and WELL below what Brock sold as champ

He was never a main event fighter? You know he was already the HW champ way before he fought Brock right?

Depends on what you mean by attention.

If you mean celebrity (ie general awareness) then Rousey.

If you mean people actually willing to pay to watch, then Brock.

Meltzer said it was estimated to be larger and could certainly be larger than 800K US buys. Dana White said that it's trending to be on par with UFC 189. Between the two, I don't think it's a stretch to estimate it at 800K+ buys within the continental US off the very early preliminary numbers.

While individually GSP and Lesnar were larger draws than either Rousey or McGregor, we shouldn't ignore that the audiences for GSP and Lesnar have more overlap than McGregor and Rousey.

McGregor brings in a national audience similar to GSP, but Rousey's audience doesn't overlap in anywhere near the same way that GSP and Lesnar overlap. They just don't synergize in the same way.

Finally, the next Rousey PPV will likely have even larger numbers than UFC 190. Rousey's media presence has increased exponentially just in the 2 days since UFC 190 similarly to how her presence exploded immediately after UFC 184.

Unlike other UFC fighters, Rousey's growth has been in leaps and bounds instead of incrementally. With each victory her media presence has exploded. Just since UFC 190 she added over 1M instagram followers and 300K twitter followers.

For at least the foreseeable future Rousey's PPV numbers are actually likely to dramatically increase versus stay on par with her last PPV.

We can disagree, but I stand by my belief that McGregor-Aldo + Rousey-Tate 3 would likely surpass UFC 100 in PPV buys.

Any thing Dana says about Ronda is likely bullshit. I also think Brock and GSP would bring in less overlap then Ronda and Conor. Ronda and Conor are both in your face trash talkers that the casual fans love. Brock brought in the WWE crowed and the casuals that love seeing a big, trash talking genetic freak. GSP was the nice guy who brought in the people from Canada and people who want to see a respectful champ dominate

And most national audience's get PPVs for free. Canada doesn't though.

Sorry but i can't see any UFC card putting up Floyd vs Oscar numbers

Ronda is clearly the more versatile, household name and draws more than Lesnar, she was in Furious 7. And multiple movies in Hollywood. What movie was Lesnar in again? The only reason why he drew was because everyone in the wrestling world tuned in for him whereas everyone in Hollywood and the whole world tunes in for Ronda.

come on son.

He was never a main event fighter? You know he was already the HW champ way before he fought Brock right?

And you know he was the third fight on that card when he won right? Shamrock vs Kimo was the main event. After that he lost the belt because of his crash and didn't main event his first card till after he fought Brock

It started with his first Brock fight, sure. But he sustained it after that. Coaching TUF against Nog (it got good ratings), UFC 92 double main event got over a million buys, then Brock again at UFC 100 - his hype is a huge reason it was the biggest UFC ever.

It started with his first Brock fight, sure. But he sustained it after that. Coaching TUF against Nog (it got good ratings), UFC 92 double main event got over a million buys, then Brock again at UFC 100 - his hype is a huge reason it was the biggest UFC ever.

You really think he would have gotten that coaching spot if he didn't just beat Brock?

Back