Who's the bigger star Brock Lesnar or Ronda Rousey?

Let me know next time ESPN, CNN or Fox News do front page features for consecutive days on Brock fake fighting in fake wrestling world

Fast 7 = $350,034,110 (USA) (5 June 2015)
Expendables 3 = $39,292,022 (USA) (10 October 2014)

UFC 168 (1,025,000 buys)
Ronda's fight with Meisha

And 190 reports higher numbers?

Maybe within the UFC internally he might be a bigger draw, but externally to the big wide world Brock got nothing on Ronda

BTW WWE released its 2015 first quarter financial report, and it shows 259,000 PPV buys for WrestleMania 31, which is down from 690,000 buys in 2014 for WrestleMania 30.

So brock the bigger star? lol

UFC 168 had Anderson rematching Weidman (after suffering his first loss) as the MAIN EVENT. That was the biggest draw on that card not Ronda. UFC 190 is reporting 800k tops (likely lower). Don't make shit up

It will be interesting to see what happens in a month when the noise has died down a little bit. A of now, Google trends has Ronda currently spiking well above Floyd Mayweather's peak against Pac.

Those trend lines are always skewed at the end when there's a recent spike in interest for some reason, but based on the preliminary data, Floyd's peak is at 40% of Ronda's current spike. It will dip, but I'm not sure it's going to dip 60%.

Pretty amazing to consider her fight with Bethe could actually generate more overall buzz that Floyd's fight with Pac.

What about what actually matters. Getting people to watch. Brocks best card is still at least double what Ronda's is. Ronda's best card would be a huge disappointment for Brock

UFC 100 was a super card and also had GSP on the bill.

And let's not get too crazy, Rousey is estimated to have cleared 800K+ for UFC 190 and the year isn't over yet. If the December card is really McGregor + Rousey, it will likely completely crush the Lesnar-GSP card.

The thread title and the poll aren't exactly asking the same thing. So, if I am to answer the question that the poll asks I would say Ronda unquestionably, Brock is a hermit.

Ronda's more famous but Brock's a bigger PPV draw.

Her roles in fast 7 and expendables are so small that if she wasn't even in the movie at all, it would make no difference to the plot or ending. Nobody bought tickets to go see those movies because of her. She was not a main character in either of those movies. She wasn't even on the commercials.

You do realize the an actor does not have to be plot essential for people to recognize them and thus know who they are right?
No one said anything close to claiming those movies were relying on Rondas input. but people identify her has having acted in the movies thus people say "starred in".

UFC 168 sold well because the main event was Weidman/Silva 2. The rematch where the best champion in UFC history had just lost his belt. That event would have sold pretty much the same even if Ronda wasn't on the card.

Probably right. but as I stated earlier internally (inside the UFC and the MMA community) Brock might draw more on his own but externally he aint got a shit show on Ronda.

UFC 190 does not report over 1 million buys, you just made that up.

Do you know what a question mark means? I didn't state that as fact. but consider this. 190 did state 1.32 mill for the prelims, and it trended 5 times higher on google and twitter than McGregor Aldo.

260,000 PPV buys for Wrestlemania is fucking great. Do you not realize that most of the WWE fans get wrestlemania included with the WWE Network streaming service so they don't have to buy PPVs, they just pay a monthly charge instead?

You do realize that the UFC also has these streaming services??

so pretty much all of your points are wrong.

zqGU4YS.gif

Also lastly

Brock Lesnar Face Book = 4.9 million likes
Ronda Rousey Face Book = 6.3 million likes.

And let's not get too crazy, Rousey is estimated to have cleared 800K+ for UFC 190 and the year isn't over yet. If the December card is really McGregor + Rousey, it will likely completely crush the Lesnar-GSP card.

Good post

Fast 7 = $350,034,110 (USA) (5 June 2015)
Expendables 3 = $39,292,022 (USA) (10 October 2014)

UFC 168 (1,025,000 buys)
Ronda's fight with Meisha

And 190 reports higher numbers?

Maybe within the UFC internally he might be a bigger draw, but externally to the big wide world Brock got nothing on Ronda

BTW WWE released its 2015 first quarter financial report, and it shows 259,000 PPV buys for WrestleMania 31, which is down from 690,000 buys in 2014 for WrestleMania 30.

So brock the bigger star? lol

Like previously mentioned... Weidman/Silva sold UFC 168, period.

Ronda did one thing for the two movies you listed. She made them worse. Her acting is on par with what you'd see in a ScyFy movie of the week. I cringed whenever they gave her screen time.

Ronda is a bigger star outside the UFC but Brock was a bigger PPV draw.

I doubt a UFC card will ever do 1.6 million buys ever again, unless Brock comes back.

All of Ronda's movies have either been straight to DVD shit that nobody watches or 30 second cameo appearances. If she wasn't even in those movies it would have no effect on the plot or endings whatsoever. People are trying to act like she's a big movie star or something.

This. Since when does 30 seconds in a popular movie = star?

Brock via making chicken shit out of chicken salad.

LOL no it won't. GSP sells more then Ronda and Brock sold more then Conor. What would make you think McGregor + Rousey would beat by far the two best selling MMA fighters at their selling peak on a stacked card? There is nothing that suggest it would even beat UFC 100, never mind "crush it". GSP averaged 780k PPVs a fight, Brock averaged 980k PPV buys. Ronda averages 580k and she didn't even headline 3 or 4 of them. Conor has only had one PPV as a the headline and it did great, but still only around what Brocks average was and below what Brock was pulling around UFC 100. Crush it?

And no Rousey is not estimated to have cleared 800K+ for UFC 190. The only reliable source said she could possibly be over 800k. He said that her last fight too and she only sold 590k.

The PPV sales should be the deciding factor and Brock has to be the choice. I she people stating how many people Ronda is bringing and the demographic argument but if that is the case why does Brock's PPV's rank higher? He movie career at this point should n't even be considered. Its not like she was the leading actress in the movies she has been in.

I think Brock likely *decimates* her for bringing people who might actually have some interest in the sport into the fold. Ronda wins for people who read mainstream news but likely wouldn't ever watch an MMA event.

She would also easily beat Brock via armbar.

This is the most deluded thing I've ever read on Sherdog in six years.

I would have said Brock for sure up until this last fight, but at the present moment, Ronda is getting to the same level of fame as Brock in his fame prime.

Back