Who's the better striker: Overeem or Volkov?

ChaelSonnen

The American Gangster
@purple
Reaction score
With these 2 monsters slated to fight next, who do you give the edge to stand-up wise? Overeem is definitely the faster guy, but his chin is extremely suspect. Volkov is kinda sluggish, but his striking is very effective as evident in the Lewis and Werdum fights. This is a great match-up.

Chael Sonnen! Hell ya.

chael-sonnen-5.jpg

“Basically Clean”

Overeem. Sure he has a very shitty chin, but he arguably has the best striking in the Heavyweight division today.

I don't think Overeem's chin will crack to Volkov's limited power. Plus, I like Volkov but I think he's missing the killer instinct. I noticed it before the Lewis fight, too. He lacks the fire to finish. Giving this one to the Reem

Overeem being the best striker in the heavyweight division is a myth.

Overeem looks good on the feet sometimes but his chin and defense are poor.

I mean like wtf was he trying to do here?

20f2x4.gif

The former K1 champ also got KTFO by notable MMA journeymen Ben Rothwell and Bigfoot Silva. K1 Overeem and UFC Overeem are not the same people..
Don't forget Travis Browne. Overeem has is a better striker than all those guys, but he just does stupid mistakes to get caught

d6f.jpg

...the former K1 champ...

Who was KO'd by Bigfoot, Rothwell and Travis Browne shortly after he came to the UFC. "K-1 experience" is one of the most overrated traits on here.

20f2x4.gif
Lol Yeah. I think after his first punch, he thought he ducked Ngannou's right and therefore had time to attack again. But Ngannou never threw the right. He started to, but stopped and threw the left instead and connected big time.
Overall Reem's head movement has gotten better through the years

20f2x4.gif

State of the 2 punches he throws.. someone needs to slap Joe Rogan next time he waxes lyrical about his striking.

Overeem but he's going to take Volkov down and GnP him.

Who was KO'd by Bigfoot, Rothwell and Travis Browne shortly after he came to the UFC. "K-1 experience" is one of the most overrated traits on here.

Not with cardio. Cardio is almost everything.

Back