Who's the better striker - Aldo or McGregor?

I think Conor's kicking game has vastly deteriorated after the Holloway fight. Nowadays he throws sloppy wheel kicks and spams front/spinning back kicks to moderate success. I can only hypothesize why, but I think it has something to do with an over reliance on his left straight and chin. Overall Conor has better boxing while Aldo has better Dutch kickboxing, but Conor's kicks at prime form are nasty and just as effective.

Reckless or not you act like just anybody could have capatalized on such an opportunity. The fact is this isn't the first time Aldo has lead recklessly. He did a few times in his bout with Florian as well. At the end of the day Conor took him out, whether you think it's a fluke or not you can't possibly say Aldo is a better striker without any solid proof other than Aldo out-pointing a few wrestlers.

If anything I'll say Aldo is a more complete striker and complete mix martial artist, but for those of you who say Conor only has a left hand, you are the people who are misinformed. (Talking about people in general not you specifically)
Its acknowledged by Pedernaris that Aldo underestimated Conor drastically, and thought he was all hype. That played a large part in him lunging at him recklessly, maybe as much as the blind rage. Like Rockhold, he prob thought after 10 years without losing or being KO'd, that Conor couldn't hurt him. He wont make that mistake in the rematch. Cant wait. If he can make it out of the first 2 rounds, with conor's weight cut, i think aldo takes over and beats him. Especially if he loses the second nate fight, all the pressure will be on Conor in the rematch. be interesting to see how he respond coming off two losses in a row. Of course, if he beats nate, he's not going back down to FW.

I'd still argue Aldo is the more competent striker. He got caught bad by Conor, all credit to the latter for that, but I still think a rematch will turn out very differently.

Good question, maybe one day the rematch can answer it.

Aldo is a more complete as a MMA fighter, but Mcgregor sometimes seems like a special unorthodox striker. The thing is, how Conor will perform in a "real" fight against Aldo's technical prowess?

I think that in some way, if Aldo can beat McGregor, he will consolidate his legacy in a decisive way..

"I fought guys with his speed before but none with the accuracy he has" -300+ fight Muay Thai legend Saenchai

N5hnQH.gif

external
"His kicks are really bad, though" 300+ fight Muay Thai Legend Saenchai

How exactly do you provide proof on an opinion? You cant.
Proof as in Conor flatlined Aldo in 13 seconds fact. Aldo hasn't out struck Conor as of yet so you can't go by he's the better striker because you just don't know.

An opinion is an opinion and I respect yours, but as of right now Conor is the better striker until proven otherwise.

Proof as in Conor flatlined Aldo in 13 seconds fact. Aldo hasn't out struck Conor as of yet so you can't go by he's the better striker because you just don't know.

An opinion is an opinion and I respect yours, but as of right now Conor is the better striker until proven otherwise.
That's not how it works, at all. Again, it is not fact that Connor is the better Striker it is opinion. Even if you disagree with my opinion that Aldo is more skilled I don't see how you can argue that it's a fact. Koing someone fast does not necessarily demonstrate superior skill. Even if Connor is the best striker of all time I do not understand the logic that a flash KO seconds into the fight proves vastly better striking. People act like it was Holm vs rousey.

Well Conor exposed Aldo in 13 seconds so he's the better striker

aldo's better over all but Conor hits much harder and has a much better chin.

Conor goes blow-for-blow in about a quarter of his fights this isn't Anderson Silva we're talking about here.

He's just a hard hitter with a 20% size advantage against most of his opponents.

A FW Chuck Liddell if you will.

Aldo is more technically competent but Mcgregor's sense of timing and distance, movement and accuracy... got go with Connor.

Not to mention that Connor basically to Jose what he would do wrong in the striking exchange and how Connor would respond to his mistake. Then went out there proved his theory. Considering the level of both fighters, I'd say that was a peice of artistry in itself.

One guy does everything, the other just throws a left.. Hmmm.. Tough decision

That's why I really wanna see this rematch! Cus I wanna find out fo sho!

People acting like more diverse equals better. Hendo KOd Bisping and a lot more technical strikers. He is a better striker period. If your one weapon is better than the opponents entire arsenal then you are better. Conor is better than Aldo
Good way of putting it.

how this is even a question I find rather ridiculous

Conor outstruck Aldo 1 to none. did I mention it took Conor just one? He was at the peak of his trash talking when he faced Aldo. Maybe that had a little to do with how the fight panned out.

Aldo is. McGregor is sloppy as hell and very one dimensional in his attack.

Back