Who's the better striker - Aldo or McGregor?

U talking about grapplers who knocked out good strikers where Conor who was already known to have good striking picked his shots and flatlined Aldo like he's never been before.
U talking about an emotional reckless aldo who usually is one if the most disciplined and cautious fighters, to the point of being boring, who went very far out of his norm and lunged at mcgregor, both feet off the ground, and was caught.

Aldo McGregor didn't really pick his shots all that much. It was a nice counter but aldo easily slipped McGregors first left. Then McGregor rolled back on his heels, blocked aldo punch with his face, and landed a powerful shot on aldo that put him out. Connors eyes were even closed. Like I said it was nice but people overstate how skillfull it was. He literally used no defensive effort and was awarded the KO based on the combination of his size advantage, aldo being airborne, and aldo flying into it.

So that one exchange aside u believe aldo is more skilled. He is better on the pivots and use of angles. Connor relies heavily on his reach advantage and his chin. See the number of times chad and siver caught him with overhand rights ad he back STRAIGHT back. And that was a chad that lacked the excellent lateral movements and shifting he'd shown against aldo.

So again, I would probably favor McGregor to win by KO again but I think aldo is more skillfu

Conor and it's not even close... Is this a troll thread? How can you watch Aldo's last few fights and think he's a better striker than Conor?

People acting like more diverse equals better. Hendo KOd Bisping and a lot more technical strikers. He is a better striker period. If your one weapon is better than the opponents entire arsenal then you are better. Conor is better than Aldo

After watching Aldo vs Edgar 2, It's hard to see Jose outstrike Conor.

It's sad to say this but Conor might KO him again. LOL

The only variable is Nate Diaz.

If Nate beat the crap out of Conor to death, Jose would have a better chance.

There is zero threat of a takedown from conor. Aldo adjusted his striking for Frankie, because of the takedown threat. He wont need to do that with conor. Really hope this fight happens next. Cant wait to see it.

People acting like more diverse equals better. Hendo KOd Bisping and a lot more technical strikers. He is a better striker period. If your one weapon is better than the opponents entire arsenal then you are better. Conor is better than Aldo

Would you rather learn from Conor or Aldo, Serra or GSP

Would you rather learn from Conor or Aldo, Serra or GSP

Doesn't matter. Conor and Hendo have a gift that can't be taught. It makes them better strikers. It's like saying someone who has submission wins with a lot of different holds but losses to Palhares and his heel hook is a better grappler than Palhares with his one submission that works more often.

Give Conor his due. Consult his record, and see what he did to Aldo.
He is the better striker.
Aldo has many other gifts, he is better at BJJ for instance.

Aldo's Striking has always seemed vastly overrated to me.

His TDD is goat, and his speed and athleticism make him one of the best fighters. That being said, he made a career off of fighting so so strikers who's only chance was on the ground

After watching Aldo vs Edgar 2, It's hard to see Jose outstrike Conor.

It's sad to say this but Conor might KO him again. LOL

The only variable is Nate Diaz.

If Nate beat the crap out of Conor to death, Jose would have a better chance.

Very true or if McGregor goes to a war and isn't the same after. This reminds me if Wandy fighting CC

Connor has more power and accuracy... But technically Aldo's muay thai is flawless. Connors kicks are for show but I know ill get a lot of heat for this, but he has bad form(kicking wise).. I see him more as a boxer, but he uses his kicks as a range finder, cover distance and to set up his punches..Kicks are sloppy some times but his punches KOs people so thats why his striking shines.. Honestly, Aldo has better fundamental and techniques..

Aldie is Mr putter patter. Edgar was a zombie eating shots. Both guys don't belong in there with McGregor. McGregor stops guys. Aldo could at b level guys. He rarely dies as seen vs Edgar. McGregor will thread the needle against both guys.

Not sure. Both are phenomenal, I'll tell you what though, I cannot wait for the re-match.

That waz made pretty clear when Mac outstruck Aldo in their fight. Call it quick or call it luck but Mac waz training that move prior to the fight having read Aldo'z movement... & he will do it again the next time they face off.

U talking about an emotional reckless aldo who usually is one if the most disciplined and cautious fighters, to the point of being boring, who went very far out of his norm and lunged at mcgregor, both feet off the ground, and was caught.

Aldo McGregor didn't really pick his shots all that much. It was a nice counter but aldo easily slipped McGregors first left. Then McGregor rolled back on his heels, blocked aldo punch with his face, and landed a powerful shot on aldo that put him out. Connors eyes were even closed. Like I said it was nice but people overstate how skillfull it was. He literally used no defensive effort and was awarded the KO based on the combination of his size advantage, aldo being airborne, and aldo flying into it.

So that one exchange aside u believe aldo is more skilled. He is better on the pivots and use of angles. Connor relies heavily on his reach advantage and his chin. See the number of times chad and siver caught him with overhand rights ad he back STRAIGHT back. And that was a chad that lacked the excellent lateral movements and shifting he'd shown against aldo.

So again, I would probably favor McGregor to win by KO again but I think aldo is more skillfu
Reckless or not you act like just anybody could have capatalized on such an opportunity. The fact is this isn't the first time Aldo has lead recklessly. He did a few times in his bout with Florian as well. At the end of the day Conor took him out, whether you think it's a fluke or not you can't possibly say Aldo is a better striker without any solid proof other than Aldo out-pointing a few wrestlers.

If anything I'll say Aldo is a more complete striker and complete mix martial artist, but for those of you who say Conor only has a left hand, you are the people who are misinformed. (Talking about people in general not you specifically)

Conor got the best left and he really knows how to counter with it.
Countering is something special,not every fighter is able to handle.
His kicks are very poor,his leg kicks are realy bad.
But he is realy good in front kicks to the body but this is also effective only against short opponents.
Basicly one real weapon and this is his left hand.

kinda sad there bud.

Reckless or not you act like just anybody could have capatalized on such an opportunity. The fact is this isn't the first time Aldo has lead recklessly. He did a few times in his bout with Florian as well. At the end of the day Conor took him out, whether you think it's a fluke or not you can't possibly say Aldo is a better striker without any solid proof other than Aldo out-pointing a few wrestlers.

If anything I'll say Aldo is a more complete striker and complete mix martial artist, but for those of you who say Conor only has a left hand, you are the people who are misinformed. (Talking about people in general not you specifically)
How exactly do you provide proof on an opinion? You cant. My opinion is aldo is more technical and I gave a couple of examples why.

Yes aldo has over comitted a couple times in the last ten years but Connor over commits all the freaking time as well. Coupled with a horrible habit of pulling straight back with his chin up and very frequently giving up dominant angles, its clear it's his physical traits which save him more then his skillset.

Also I do not act like anybody could've capitalized on that but if aldo always fought that way he would not have gone 10 years undefeated.

Don't get me wrong Connor is skilled but people who suggest he's p4p number one striker only see KO power.

Back