Who's the best wizard in fantasy

Lots of good suggestions, but ima have to go with Pug I think. Dude is extra-dimensional.

the wheel of time series by robert jordan.up to 13 books so far.

Is it really good. I like a song of fire and ice and the drizzt series. anything like that or something completely different?

Opinions are pretty mixed about the wheel of time. I like it, but it's entirely too long. Jordan lost control of it. Books 8-11 were worthless imo, so it's tough to recommend to people. If you want to really explore the genre, then I'd read it, but it's a big commitment.

Quick Ben

My man

tumblr_m8w269YEB01rxj7wko9_r2_250.gif

Allanon- from sword of shannara. Ws written around the time of LOTR.

He is a much better mage than gandalf. he Was way more action packed in the books and was a strategist like gandalf

are you saying the books were written around the same time? they were published over 20 years apart.

rincewind,end of.

Beat me to it.

You guys can all get killed getting caught up in magic battles or whatever.

Rincewind, though, that guy spots danger from a mile off and knows how to haul ass and get the fuck away from whatever is gonna cause bother.

Gandalf is da best. As to the people saying Gandalf is shite and is greedy on his mana: not true.

He had an epic force battle with Sauraman which he almost won (he would have as white Gandalf) and he briefly took a break from beating the living death out of the Balrog to cast lvl 6 lighting from his sword (as seen at 5:52 of the vid below) before finishing him off with lighting attack to its heart.

He also chased away some of those nazgul dragons when he saved Boromirs brother with that lightattack from his staff. Thats enough magic for me.

There's probably some other wizard that can do some crazy shit, but he probably cant beat a Balrog to death with his fist.

Gandalf vs Balrog, full fight (someone embed please)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywZ5uo_3Y_A

Lina Inverse = With the giga slave, she's the most powerful magic user in ALL fiction. Basically on par with TOAA from Marvel comics.

Lina-Inverse-lina-inverse-29075181-344-479_zps1367693e.jpg

Doctor Strange
Doctor_Strange_Bust.jpg

Dark Schneider

darshu_zpsaef8dc3e.jpg

1374058-darkschneider_super.jpg

Dark Schneider's magic is more than enough to wipe out entire galaxies.

151.jpg

Raistlin is.pretty badness. Dude went to the past and whooped butt

Back