Who's the best wizard in fantasy

CardonaLJ**

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Since the Hobbit just came out and we got to see Gandalf again, I was wondering who people thought were the best wizards. I'm keeping it to well known wizards since the list is pretty endless. So whats your take? Which one of these would you rather have on your side?

Gandalf
Raistlin Majere
Dumbeldore
Merlin
Elminster

Me personally. I'd take either Gandalf or Elminster. The guys are fucking gods for crying out loud...

What about the guy from terry brooks saga. Sword of shannara

Since the Hobbit just came out and we got to see Gandalf again, I was wondering who people thought were the best wizards. I'm keeping it to well known wizards since the list is pretty endless. So whats your take? Which one of these would you rather have on your side?

Gandalf
Raistlin Majere
Dumbeldore
Merlin
Elminster

Me personally. I'd take either Gandalf or Elminster. The guys are fucking gods for crying out loud...

How can you pick Gandalf? He literally does almost nothing magic. He seems almost like a strategist.

No Harry Potter. Isn't he a wizard? Weak TS, weak.......

No Harry Potter. Isn't he a wizard? Weak TS, weak.......

I could include Harry due to him beating Voldemort. But Harry had help everywhere. The kid could do nothing on his own. He needed Ron and Hermione to help him with everything.

How can you pick Gandalf? He literally does almost nothing magic. He seems almost like a strategist.

Though his use of magic isnt as open as the others, he still is a wizard. The dude is an Istari. Saying he isnt a wizard is like saying radagast and Saruman arent. (though Radagast is more of a kook than any wizard i've ever seen)

I think hitting the ground with a staff and the ground split in half constitute wizardry. That and reincarnation into a higher form, summoning giant eagles, super long age (immortality?) etc...

I think hitting the ground with a staff and the ground split in half constitute wizardry. That and reincarnation into a higher form, summoning giant eagles, super long age (immortality?) etc...

he's not really immortal.....tho i think he cannot die in the sense we think of dying. they tend to just come back after a few time. probably after getting yelled at by their respective Vala

I could include Harry due to him beating Voldemort. But Harry had help everywhere. The kid could do nothing on his own. He needed Ron and Hermione to help him with everything.

Fair enough. TS is not weak.

Gargamel after a very strict training regimen and magically high protein smurf meat diet will fuck up any grey or white bearded, pointy hatted or wand wielding fool that dares to cross his path.

Back