Who's the best Hip Hop producer yo?

Pharrell deserves a mention even though he branched out to lots of different genres

Don't know about the best but my favorite is 9th Wonder

I recently listened to pac's HIT EM UP for the first time in years, and I forgot how good that was. I was so softened by the weakass garbage thats out there today that a truly confrontational song like this caught me off guard.

So my vote is for whoever produced that. And I dont even like Tupac, but that track is so perfect.

as far as diss tracks go I'm more partial to Kool moe dee's "the wild wild west" which was aimed at LL Cool J if mem serves. best Tupac song is "baby don't cry" #imemodontjudgeme

I recently listened to pac's HIT EM UP for the first time in years, and I forgot how good that was. I was so softened by the weakass garbage thats out there today that a truly confrontational song like this caught me off guard.

So my vote is for whoever produced that. And I dont even like Tupac, but that track is so perfect.

Johnny J

not sure about best but my top 5 are

premo, havoc (early stuff), necro, alchemist, and rza.

havoc, necro, and ALC are my biggest influence when it comes to how i make a beat. love the way they can flip a sample

Picking Dre.

sorry but Dre uses Far too many sample's puff gets a pass because from what I herd d dot angelite was responsible for most of Bad Boy's early success anyway...and cuz he's diddy.

Tbh the best west coast producer would have to go with Ant Banks and the whole yay area hip hop sound. granted with the exception of E-40 hyphy and the bay area sound didn't really catch on nationally like Dre's work. it's still original and by original I mean like Neptunes original by not heavily relying on samples.

Still D.R.E is still banging on my walkman

not sure about best but my top 5 are

premo, havoc (early stuff), necro, alchemist, and rza.

havoc, necro, and ALC are my biggest influence when it comes to how i make a beat. love the way they can flip a sample

I need songs for necro,alchemist,havoc,and premo. tbh I've never heard of them:redface: RZA's my man from way back listened to ALOT of Wu Tang back in my Military days.

Pharrell deserves a mention even though he branched out to lots of different genres

what was the Asian cat's name that was the other half of Neptunes? anyway those guys rarely used samples so that why I Hold them up there.

Wait are we talkin currently? All time? Best all around?

What's the criteria???

Alchemist. Madlib.

Dre's stuff with Pac is legendary. RZA was supreme in the 90s.

Diddy is dogshit at everything apart from making money. I guess you're meaning his production team at Bad Boy.

I dunno, but I probably like RZA the most because his taste in sampling is very in-line with old-school soul that I like plus it's grimy.

Back