Who's the best female weight lifter of all time or present?

JustOnce

On Hiatus
Double Yellow Card
Reaction score
In the spirit of WMMA, who would you say is the best female weight lifter of all time or present, Ronda Rousey or Cris Cyborg of weight lifting?

In the spirit of WMMA, who would you say is the best female weight lifter of all time or present, Ronda Rousey or Cris Cyborg of weight lifting?
zhou-lulu-187_lg.jpg

Zhou Lulu has the highest total and no one else is even close. The Chinese women's national team hold every record in every weight class except 75kg. Turned on yet?

zhou-lulu-187_lg.jpg

Zhou Lulu has the highest total and no one else is even close. The Chinese women's national team hold every record in every weight class except 75kg. Turned on yet?
They also have the largest penises amongst the whole Chinese population, or so I've heard.

It's an exciting time to follow female strength sports. Participation is way up in powerlifting and we're seeing records smashed left and right, but still the most elite female athletes are probably just not being captured. Here's a video of Boyanka Kostova front squatting what would be an IPF world record in the weightclass above her own.

The question of what human men are capable of has been more or less answered in almost every endeavour. The question of what human women are capable of is still wide open, IMO.

must counterweight:

female-weightlifter-how-to-gain-weight-build-muscle.jpg

yo-no-estoy-para-derribar-barreras-los-prejuicios-vienen-del-desconocimiento.jpg
she competes at the 75kg division which is currently ruled by these ladies
f8bc126e4b4e191b5a9963.jpg

She did give Spain its first weightlifting medal though so at least she can call herself the Spanish GOAT.

I don't want to see real competitors. Give me the crosslift weightlifters...

she competes at the 75kg division which is currently ruled by these ladies
f8bc126e4b4e191b5a9963.jpg

She did give Spain its first weightlifting medal though so at least she can call herself the Spanish GOAT.

thanks, man. that's all well and good. i am more into the aesthetic performence then.
but aside my trivial opinion, what's about this russian hulk lady who declassed everyone else in the 75+ division some years ago?
is she banned for life?

zhou-lulu-187_lg.jpg

She beat Kashirina in the Olympics by 1kg despite weighing 60lbs more. I don't think that qualifies as "no one else is even close".

Well that, and that Kashirina blew her total away by 14kg 2 months after Lulu got her best.

It's an exciting time to follow female strength sports.

rEd5Tss.png

It's an exciting time to follow female strength sports. Participation is way up in powerlifting and we're seeing records smashed left and right, but still the most elite female athletes are probably just not being captured. Here's a video of Boyanka Kostova front squatting what would be an IPF world record in the weightclass above her own.

The question of what human men are capable of has been more or less answered in almost every endeavour. The question of what human women are capable of is still wide open, IMO.

Yes and no I think. In Track and Field at least, If you go back to the 80's/90's you'll be hard pressed to improve performances. Especially in the womens division.

Back