Who's the best at 140lb, Broner at 140lbs, Should Maurice move up?

DeJulez

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I think Ramirez will beat Regis, assuming Regis gets past Taylor. But I would rank Ramirez as the top, Regis as 2, Maurice as 3, and Taylor at 4.

But how would my boy AB do at 140lb right now? I think he has enough of everything to beat all of them.

Also if Maurice jumped up to 147, how does he fare?

But how would my boy AB do at 140lb right now?
Missing the weight. That's how he'll do.

Also, All of these guys out hustle him to a wide UD.

By the way, I believe AB would run 140lbs if he wanted too.

Broner’s days as a top 5 contender are long gone.

All them 3 beat Broner.

Broner has the skills to do whatever he wants. RR spoke about how in the gym hes great but then gets into the ring and doesnt throw.
So I believe he can do anything if hes in the right spot

Broner has the skills to do whatever he wants. RR spoke about how in the gym hes great but then gets into the ring and doesnt throw.
This doesn't exist.

It's over.

he sounds like the dopefiends i met in rehab.

I think Ramirez will beat Regis, assuming Regis gets past Taylor. But I would rank Ramirez as the top, Regis as 2, Maurice as 3, and Taylor at 4.

But how would my boy AB do at 140lb right now? I think he has enough of everything to beat all of them.

Also if Maurice jumped up to 147, how does he fare?
I’m not sure Hooker has the build for 147. I think a lot of guys at welterweight would bully and outmuscle him. If he can make 140 comfortably he should stay there.

Actually If Broner is serious about 140 I’d love to see him in against Hooker. I don’t expect it to happen, though.

Actually If Broner is serious about 140 I’d love to see him in against Hooker. I don’t expect it to happen, though.
Hooker crushes Broner. Last night doesn’t define his entire career. At least not for now.

Hooker crushes Broner. Last night doesn’t define his entire career. At least not for now.
I’d expect him to win a UD in a very competitive and entertaining fight. Broner isn’t everyone’s cup of tea (certainly not mine) but he’s pretty tough and I don’t think Hooker would be able to stop him.

Played basketball with a kid who was automatic in practice from three. Could not miss. During the game he couldn’t hit the backboard.

After one game coach says to him “some guys are best in practice, shit in games. That’s you”.

I must have smirked. “Don’t smirk. You’re shit in both”.

Broner is a workout freak. Doesn’t hit the three in the game.

I’d expect him to win a UD in a very competitive and entertaining fight. Broner isn’t everyone’s cup of tea (certainly not mine) but he’s pretty tough and I don’t think Hooker would be able to stop him.
I think his (Broner)chin is overdue to crack soon. I could see a competitive fight if Hooker has lost confidence in his punch resistance. Otherwise, Broner gets badly outslugged by wide UD.

After squandering multiple opportunities to prove himself, I never thought their would be people on earth ,outside of Broner's family circle, that believe he can still achieve some elite in boxing.

After squandering multiple opportunities to prove himself, I never thought their would be people on earth ,outside of Broner's family circle, that believe he can still achieve some elite in boxing.
Love Broner.

Broner’s days as a top 5 contender are long gone.

All them 3 beat Broner.
he seemed to have a bit of potential early on, but he never developed the skills to make his style really work (he really has very little idea what he's doing with that shoulder roll). when he started losing the reflexes of youth and maidana taught he fear (if not humility) he was basically shot as a boxer.
he would nearly have to relearn his craft and i can't see that happening at this stage.

Back