Who's the all-time greatest MMA Wrestler?

Who's the all-time greatest MMA Wrestler?

• Total voters
Dan Severn

Over 100 wins in MMA, and has been hit flush probably about 5 or 6 times in over 120 fights, because his wrestling was amazing and his control. The GOAT for me. First UFC champ champ (tournament and superfight champ) won 36 belts in different MMA Orgs. Totally unmatched

Basically how they implement their wrestling with their overall game and how effective they are with that wrestling.

Ok...so GSP ..

I stand by my answer..

Khabib is close but his game is wrestling based...GSP was a striker who implemented wrestling and used to beat grapplers...

Khabib doesn't have alot of wins over grapplers in comparison to GSP...so its hard to judge how could his grappling really is as he faced minimial grapplers

GSP based on proving his wrestling chops against top notch wrestlers and not kickboxers... lol

GSP he dominated ncaa studs, mma grapplers and JJ black belts

Overall I'd have to say Khabib. I don't have any issues with anybody saying GSP though.

It’s easily GSP. Look at all the dominant wrestlers/grapplers he fought in mma, and he all of them down.

after that, khabib and Jones vie for second. Depends on how you judge Jones considering his wrestling has looked very uninspiring since he was popped for steroids.

khabib hasn’t outwrestled/dominated any really big time wrestlers in mma. Although his level of dominance in a division as competitive as Lightweight is still highly commendable.

just remember Jones even deflected and took down Olympic wrestler Cormier multiple times.

Wow at all the Khabib votes, the closest thing to a strong MMA wrestler he fought was Tibau and he went 0 out of 13 in takedowns and he got taken down twice, the rest he fought were either strikers or meh level MMA grapplers.

GSP faced countless wrestlers from 3 generations (e.g Hughes, Koscheck, Hendricks, Fitch, Trigg, Sherk, Karo Parisyan, etc).

Also consider the fact that GSP was a regular sized WW outwrestling accomplished MMA wrestlers at the most wrestler heavy division in the UFC vs Khabib who's a big big LW who's had a history of difficult weight cuts in a division with almost no elite MMA wrestlers.

Last edited:
GSP was outwrestled vs Hughes 1 and Hendricks

Khabib is the GOAT MMA wrestler and it’s not close

Besides this being completely false, Khabib never faced a wrestler even close to as good as Hughes and Hendricks

Khabibs wrestling wasn’t that good against tibau and GSPs wasn’t that good against Hendricks.

That works both ways.

Yeah but anyone who followed GSP knows he load a shitload of explosiveness after his ACL tear. Prime GSP out wrestles Hendricks with ease

The only wrestler Khabib ever faced was Tibau and he couldn't take him down while Tibau did. GSP outwrestled Hughes, Kos, Fitch etc.
Johnson, Gaethje.. should I go on? Not to mention prior to the UFC.

I’m still going with Dan, only because I am severely prejudiced. My brother’s best friends dad was Dan college wrestling coach. I seen pictures of that ridiculous Scotsman wrestling a bear with a muzzle at a state fair, it bit his thumb through the muzzle and he picked him up rampage style and ko’ed him with the impact.

Khabib
GSP
Askren
Hughes
DC or Usman

Khabib is #1 but hm to

Gsp,
Coleman,
Edgar,
DC,
Randy,
Or Hughes

Ha ha. The two non murrkans on the list are winning the pole by a huge margin. Flakestyle wrestling is just inferior to adult wrestling.
A lot of the Americans on that list are definitely better pure wrestlers, there are Olympic wrestlers on that list. The US is one of the very best wrestling countries in the world, won the second most golds at the most recent world championships, all while Americans grow up doing a completely different style of wrestling (all the way through college).

Amazed at the lack of Henry Cejudo support in this thread. If Henry was the size of anyone in that list, say, exactly the same size as GSP, he would outwrestle the shit out of GSP, if he was the size of Jones he would pin his ass down. Not because of the Olympic medal but because we have eyes and we can see his wrestling level is elite, not just “MMA elite”

Against khabib it would be interesting but Henry is still the better wrestler.

Now, before all of you get your panties in a bunch, I am just saying he would outwrestle them, not actually beat them in a MMA fight. Khabib is an amazing all around grappler who has evolved his style into MMA perfectly but we are just talking wrestling here.

My vote goes for Henry because fighters never really respect Henry in there until they feel his wrestling, then they just get shit scared about getting taken down because of how fast he changes levels and that fear is what opens them up for his kicks and punches.

Again, not the best fighter by a long shot but yes the best wrestler, easily.

Except what you just said is entirely false. There is no evidence that Khabib was somehow a better grappler last week than he was when he fought Tibau. Again, he’s never faced another decorated wrestler his size and the only one he did, he arguably lost to.

Moreover, GSP got caught by a strike, not out grapple. TFO with that whack reply.
There's a lot of evidence Khabib got way better since that fight, same with GSP after the Serra fight

Lmao do you really not get why I said that? The point is people losing, or in Khabib's case having ONE bad performance in the early part of his career doesn't matter

khabib looks fearsome but he gets a knock for the competition level being less than others. it's either GSP or cormier. my vote goes to GSP, since HW was far weaker.

Back