Movies Who's the 3 most influential male actors of all-time?

Who's your picks?

• Total voters
Sean Connery fuckers!

10d9e42404538acd564dc0873a8a3acb.gif

Impossible to say, but Brando is definitely in there.

Since we’re talking influential, I went with Chaplin, Jimmy Stewart, and Peter Sellers.

Since we’re talking influential, I went with Chaplin, Jimmy Stewart, and Peter Sellers.

Those are good choices.

I always thought Jimmy Stewart was ahead of his time. I think he brought naturalistic acting before Brando came along. But Brando made it even more prominent.

Come the apocalypse all these guys would be useless you understand this?

Influential in what way? To acting itself, Brando influenced most of the people on this list, and Paul Muni influenced Brando.

There is a before Brando and after Brando...No one else on the list that had the impact Brando did as far as acting is concerned.

Last edited:
Robin Williams
Marlon Brandi
Gary Oldman.
You need banned for not putting Robin Williams

Buster Keaton
Gregory Peck
Marlin Brando

Chaplin Brando bogart in that order

If we're talking "just" film, I could see passing on Olivier, but if its stage as well, he is easily top 3.

Chaplin has to be in there, not only for acting, but for all the work he did on his films, so much influence on multi talented performers.

After that, my goodness its a tough choice. Brando and method acting, someone like Poitier for helping minorities break through, James Stewart for being in so many great and various roles, Peter Sellers for comedic work, how he didn't win for Dr. Strangelove is beyond me, Pacino, De Nero, and Nicholson as well. Tough!

I'm going to pick Stewart just because he is probably my favorite actor. I want to watch "Harvey" now, one of my favorites with him. I'm also a big fan of Bogart, I watched "To Have and Have Not" the other night, I really enjoy that one. Bacall is great here as well, "Take over......" My goodness.

Robin Williams
Marlon Brandi
Gary Oldman.
You need banned for not putting Robin Williams

Meh, he will get little to no votes anyway. A great talent, but more of an impact on standup and comedians than film or acting.

Its like a few people saying Connery because he recently passed away. A great talent, but like my saying I'm a big fan of Bogart, I'd never pick him in the top three of this poll, or even top five or ten. I wouldn't have Connery on this list at all had I made the OP, to be honest.

Last edited:
Brando
De Niro
Eastwood

I would argue that Mifune takes Eastwood's spot, he's really where the modern anti hero badass character starts, his performance in Yojimbo is the most influential of the 20th century IMHO.

De Niro as great as his career was I'm not sure you can point to giant influence on cinema as a whole, someone like Harrison Ford probably has a better case there.

Back