Movies Who's the 3 most influential male actors of all-time?

Who's your picks?

• Total voters

Takes_Two_To_Tango

Formally known as MXZT
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Laurence Olivier
Laurencefacts.jpg

Robert De Niro
faa3cd594e5d1fb4af7c0fb799855112.jpg

James Stewart
James-Stewart-early-publicity-picture.jpg

James Dean
roy-schatt_james-dean-from-the-torn-sweater-series.jpeg

Montgomery Clift
MontgomeryClift.jpg

Paul Muni
show-photo.jpg

Gary Oldman
hobNlw0rGn-kqOWmnusbaIHziq-IvFQFY_BJkGGbXBs.jpg

Charlie Chaplin
Charlie_Chaplin_portrait.jpg

Daniel Day-Lewis
EWhR7VCXYAAiI7g.jpg

Denzel Washington
d90eeb72a64cb8818b7d603f02052347

Clint Eastwood
9e5c6f6df1dd0dfee9bb4f869b9eb62a.jpg

Marlon Brando
1738e22c78dff9155056b605851020f9.jpg

Al Pacino
2471b40878e17e426b614ec955dc7a1a.jpg

Jack Nicholson
e2529a4755e2365ec0e5e76f6139dea7.jpg

Sidney Poitier
Sidney_Poitier_For_Love_of_Ivy_Palomar_Pictures_1968.jpg

Peter Sellers
latest

Robin Williams
140811-robin-williams-young-1950_08fb8bcceaf6f9ccd5b75dbf341b9229.jpg

Humphrey Bogart
latest

Last edited:
Painful not to be able to include Jack, but Clift and Brando pioneered method acting which has taken over while Clint effectively defined the stoic, laconic tough guy who delivers sarcastic one-liners before sending off his antagonists that every action hero of the late 20th century emulated. When I watch Tom Hardy play Mad Max all I see is Blondie in a fictional, post-apocalyptic wasteland.

Brando is the flamboyant, Clint is the understated, and Clift is the man between.

Painful not to be able to include Jack, but Clift and Brando pioneered method acting which has taken over while Clint effectively defined the stoic, laconic tough guy who delivers sarcastic one-liners before sending off his antagonists that every action hero of the late 20th century emulated. When I watch Tom Hardy play Mad Max all I see is Blondie in a fictional, post-apocalyptic wasteland.

Brando is the flamboyant, Clint is the understated, and Clift is the man between.
Don’t sleep on Olivier though. There are tons of aussies and britishers killing it in Hollywood who have a more classical style and Olivier largely adapted stage techniques to a more natural, mature cinematic style of acting.

Jimmy Stewart is in the best movies of all time:
It’s a Wonderful Life, was Alfred Hitchcock’s guy in all his best ones.
Fantastic Westerns and War movies. He is the standard.

DDL
Last of The Mohicans, In the Name of The Father, My left Foot, Gangs, this dude is giant.

Jack Nicholson
China Town, One Flew over The Cuckoos Nest, A Few Good Men, The Departed, a perfect Joker in Batman, The Shining......

Need Jon Holmes on that list bro, he changed p0rn

I went with Brando and Nicholson and I couldn't decide on my 3rd pick between DeNiro and Denzel. I went with Denzel but it's probably not the correct choice. ;)

If scope ITT is expressly 'influential', one has to include Eastwood in whatever, to say, troika of film talent you're putting forth. He's a textbook case for a modern male paragon or then the masculine mould.

Is do you mean influential in the true sense; or are you looking for greatest?

Basically who influenced a generations of actors. Who had the greatest influence?

Reactions: JSN
Back