Who's punches would you rather have, pound for pound, Floyd Jr or Ali?

Being able to punch like Floyd wouldn't mean much if you didn't have his defense, foot movement, and speed.

Floyd started off at Super Feather Weight and he knocked out plenty of opponents. Ali was always a HW. Floyd had more KO's as a SFW so P4P I'd have to say he hit harder.

Conor would fuck you up bad mate. Hardest puncher of all time.
Word up. The retiree he sucker punched while seated said his face hurt for several days.

Floyd

He was incredibly accurate with his right hand....and i still don't know of anyone doubling up on straights in the same way Floyd could.

Like him or not, he was fucking niiiice
honestly I think he held back on his punches to protect his hands too. Why not when you’re destroying everyone with technique? When Mosley landed that really nice punch on Floyd, Floyd seemed to wake up/get pissed off and Mosley looked like he was being hurt pretty badly in a way that a lot of Floyd’s opponents didn’t show even when they were being touched up.

honestly I think he held back on his punches to protect his hands too. Why not when you’re destroying everyone with technique? When Mosley landed that really nice punch on Floyd, Floyd seemed to wake up/get pissed off and Mosley looked like he was being hurt pretty badly in a way that a lot of Floyd’s opponents didn’t show even when they were being touched up.
Basically the only time he got knocked down was from taking a knee to deal with pain in his hand....although Judah arguably deserved a knock down in the early rounds of that fight, Floyd's knee and glove both touched the canvas and it was right after a punch.

Floyd had good power early on at 130 and 135, then he went through like a Adrien Broner lazy phase briefly, then he started really putting everything together....it all clicked somewhere in those 20s, by the time he was at around 30 fights he was absolutely phenomenal. Scary good at times. By the time he got to welterweight, he was soooooo much faster and more polished that it wasn't really even fair...i wish he went to 147 earlier

Knew who started this thread before I knew who started this thread.

I have to go with Don @Seano on the Motor City Cobra right hand debate.

Watch any Hearns highlight reel and he's knocking the shit out of guys with perfectly timed and set up right hands.

I'm familiar with Tommy Hearns right hand, and I have seen the highlights. it's not the actual mechanical technique of the right hand that you are referring to there.

Back