Who's ordering or not ordering UFC 173?

Combat Wombatt

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
UFC 173 is coming up and in planning on seeing it a Buffalo Wild Wings vs. ordering it.

I just can't see myself ordering a fight with a FW main event and a co-main event as weak as Hendo vs. Cormier.

Sure Hendo could always land that bomb on DC but I just think it's unlikely. Especially with Hendo's chin gone now. I expect DC to KO/TKO Hendo. I wouldn't have said that against a prime Hendo. But Hendo was almost getting KO'd by every punch Shogun was recently landing on him. This would have been a great fight if it was a prime Hendo vs. DC. But it's obviously not.

So who's gonna order or not order UFC 173?

I'm going to order it.
Barao, Mizugaki, Lawler, Ellenberger, Rivera, and Dillashaw are enough for me.

Yeah, I am watching it.
I like the miz, varner and lawler fights a lot.

Not too invested in the cormier/hendo fight, but I can't turn down a hendo fight and am hoping that if cormier wins, he does it impressively.

Barao is a ridiculously talented fighter, and not I feel like not watching him live is silly.

I'm purchasing it because I'll chip in with 2 or 3 friends and end up spending 15 bucks, big deal. Gives me something to do saturday night, and it should be a good time. Looking forward to it.
Pretty simple really.

I'm gonna watch it at the pub I rarely order at home unless it's winter and snowing

Nope. I'll still watch the fights, just not ordering the ppv.

Lawler vs. Ellenberger is the real co-main. It's a good card. I'd probably order it if I wasn't working

I think about 100% of the world population will order it or not order it.

Barao vs. the Fire Man (TTTHS reference)

Well, UFC 169 (the last card Barao headlined) did 230,000 PPV buys. That card featured two of the most well known sub lightweight fighters in the world (Faber and Aldo). UFC 173 will probably go under 200,000.

Don't understand the sherdog logic.

Barao, outside of maybe Mighty Mouse, is the most exciting champion on the planet right now in MMA.

Hendo v. Cormier is a very fun fight. Cormier is a great fighter and Hendo over the years has consistently risen from the dead or defied the odds. This has the makings of a very fun fight or highlight finish. Yeah, I would be shocked

Lawler v. Ellenberger may not be the most significant fight at WW currently but it certainly is the most interesting matchup to be made at a wide open. The 2 best brawler strikers in the division that both go for the finish.

Mizugaki v. Rivera is a great fight and Varner fights are always fun.

3 of Varner's last 5 fights include his fights vs Barboza,Trujillo, and Lauzon and were all fight of the night type bouts.

Its cool if you would prefer to go to BWW's to watch the fights because you still want to see them. There are tool bags on here that will complain a card that has all the makings of being fireworks because the main event is a BW. Dude is a straight killer

I'm going to order it.
Barao, Mizugaki, Lawler, Ellenberger, Rivera, and Dillashaw are enough for me.

Dude, barao is enough for me, everything else is a bonus. Hope some of the young bucks step up and deliver exciting fights like 172 though.

UFC 173 is coming up and in planning on seeing it a Buffalo Wild Wings vs. ordering it.

I just can't see myself ordering a fight with a FW main event and a co-main event as weak as Hendo vs. Cormier.

Sure Hendo could always land that bomb on DC but I just think it's unlikely. Especially with Hendo's chin gone now. I expect DC to KO/TKO Hendo. I wouldn't have said that against a prime Hendo. But Hendo was almost getting KO'd by every punch Shogun was recently landing on him. This would have been a great fight if it was a prime Hendo vs. DC. But it's obviously not.

So who's gonna order or not order UFC 173?

I don't think it's fair to say Hendo's chin is gone. He ate a lot of shots from Shogun in that fight and then he won.

This card is more stacked than 172 and 170... but may sell less than both. Sucks that its all about the headliners. Average ppv buyer wants big named star as main event.

Barao and aldo could both be stars if they were more willing to cooperate. And if ufc upped their marketing.

Back