Who's next to fight for the title after Rockhold?

OneToughCookie

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Here's my view in this, the winner of Jacare vs Romero fights the winner of Weidman vs Rockhold. After that. assuming both Bisping and Mousasi win their next fights, they should fight each other for a shot at the title.

Totally agree. Not sure where Belfort v Hendo and Machida fit into all this though.

the only problem with mw is its very top heavy. You have rockhold, jacare, yoel, and weidman. Lyoto and vitor seem to be declining and there aren't many other challengers that i see in the future

Totally agree. Not sure where Belfort v Hendo and Machida fit into all this though.

Hendo recently lost to Mousasi, so I guess for now count him out of the picture. Vitor just fought Weidman in May and Machida is coming off back to back losses.

After Luke it has to the winner of Jacare vs Romero.
After that?
It really depends. It is hard to say since we are talking about a year time. A lot can happen.

Bisping, Vitor, Machida, Mousassi... all names that, if they win they next couple of fights, they can get the next title shot. IMO.

If anderson can enter the matrix again it's going to be his title

Winner of Jacare vs Romero gets title shot. (Jacare) Loser fights winner of Vitor vs Hendo(Vitor) ....(Romero and Vitor) Winner of that either gets a title shot or will face Moose/Bisping/Rockhold then winner of that gets a title shot. And this is all acting as if Weidman beats Rockhold.

Also i would love to see Machida vs Vitor before they both bow out as well. Plus Anderson is coming back so i image the UFC will try to book the biggest fights available for him. So not sure if that means Vitor vs Anderson II, Bisping, or even a Hendo II.

Bank on this ............. Rockhold will handily beat Weidman. For me, Weidman is completely overrated, with most of his accolades stemming from wins over ageing and declining fighters the likes of Vitor, Anderson and Machida.

Vitor will beat Hendo, again.

After this, expect Vitor to prod at Rockhold on social media etc, asking for a title fight. Rockhold, who cant keep his ego in check and who would love to avenge his embarrasing 'spinning head kick' loss to Vitor, will accept the rematch. This is an easily marketable fight, the outcome of which will be the same ........... Vitor stops Rockhold, either KO or TKO.

I hope it is romero. He is the only one that can defeat Weidman.
Romero is a better wrestler and a much better athlete AND unpredictable.

None are in the title picture at the momwnt they all have a least 2 fights of work do. It would be less for vitor if he didnt get btfo rnd1

Bank on this ............. Rockhold will handily beat Weidman. For me, Weidman is completely overrated, with most of his accolades stemming from wins over ageing and declining fighters the likes of Vitor, Anderson and Machida.

Vitor will beat Hendo, again.

After this, expect Vitor to prod at Rockhold on social media etc, asking for a title fight. Rockhold, who cant keep his ego in check and who would love to avenge his embarrasing 'spinning head kick' loss to Vitor, will accept the rematch. This is an easily marketable fight, the outcome of which will be the same ........... Vitor stops Rockhold, either KO or TKO.

so many things r wrong in this post i dont even know where to start

I hope it is romero. He is the only one that can defeat Weidman.
Romero is a better wrestler and a much better athlete AND unpredictable.

Yeah, but not very good on his feet. Weidman will easily be able to control the distance in that matchup, making it harder for him to try for a takedown. DC is a way better wrestler than Jon Jones but it didn't mean shit in their fight because JJ controlled the distance rather easily.

Back