WHo's Next In Line For JJ?

keep up stupid, everyone knew

and PVZ got a fight booked next month

There is no evidence provided in the article that Gadelha will still be Joanna's next opponent. Has the UFC officially said that there will be no December fight for Joanna? I think if Joanna has it as her strong intention to fight in December, then I expect that the UFC will let the champion do so, and then Claudia will not be her next opponent because Claudia won't be ready in December.

On the other hand, maybe Joanna isn't all that attached to the idea of fighting in December, and maybe she is fine with waiting for Claudia. I don't know.

If Joanna wants a December fight, I think Randa Markos might be a good choice for an opponent.

There is no evidence provided in the article that Gadelha will still be Joanna's next opponent. Has the UFC officially said that there will be no December fight for Joanna? I think if Joanna has it as her strong intention to fight in December, then I expect that the UFC will let the champion do so, and then Claudia will not be her next opponent because Claudia won't be ready in December.

On the other hand, maybe Joanna isn't all that attached to the idea of fighting in December, and maybe she is fine with waiting for Claudia. I don't know.

If Joanna wants a December fight, I think Randa Markos might be a good choice for an opponent.

I don't know, honestly. Someone said JoJed wanted to wait for her thumb to be 100% as well though but i'm sure you know about what's going on with that. Damn finger injuries :icon_lol:

It did cross my mind. But I think they'd give Tecia a shot over Randa at the moment. Or Moroz if she beats Val this week.

JJ has said that she wants to fight by November/December, and while Gadelha was initially given the nod for the next shot, I don't think JJ should have to wait until the first quarter of 2016 for this fight.

I think that UFC should make JJ vs Torres in the meantime .. might as well get that out of the way now. :D

I don't know, honestly. Someone said JoJed wanted to wait for her thumb to be 100% as well though but i'm sure you know about what's going on with that. Damn finger injuries :icon_lol:

It did cross my mind. But I think they'd give Tecia a shot over Randa at the moment. Or Moroz if she beats Val this week.

Aww sheit, HI and the Ninja are in sync, lol. :D

I think that UFC should make JJ vs Torres in the meantime ..

Aww sheit, HI and the Ninja are in sync, lol. :D

oXKE9IH.gif

But I think they'd give Tecia a shot over Randa at the moment.

I think that UFC should make JJ vs Torres in the meantime .. might as well get that out of the way now. :D

You might be right. But I can at least imagine a way that Randa could beat JJ. I don't expect her to beat JJ, but I can imagine the possibility. Has anybody, even those that have beaten Randa, managed to avoid her getting them in full mount at some point in the fight? It seems like she always manages that. Penne escaped from it, Tecia was saved by the bell a couple of times, Justine was in full mount before it turned into an armbar attempt that failed, but it seems like everyone gets full mounted by Randa. And Randa's fight with Justine Kish showed that Randa has a great chin and can keep on being dangerous even when eating a lot of punishment.

But what is Tecia going to do? As a stand up fighter, Tecia is a points-fighter. She doesn't seem able to hurt her opponents much, nor finish them. JJ will have longer reach, and JJ has great accuracy, and JJ can definitely hurt her opponents and finish them. I cannot imagine Tecia getting more points in a stand-up war. So is Tecia going to try to take the fight to the ground and keep it there, as she did with Angela Hill? Tecia is the same size as Carla Esparza, and I don't think she will be able to surpass Carla's wrestling abilities, and Carla's abilities at wrestling were inadequate when she fought JJ.

Last edited:
You might be right. But I can at least imagine a way that Randa could beat JJ. I don't expect her to beat JJ, but I can imagine the possibility. Has anybody, even those that have beaten Randa, managed to avoid her getting them in full mount at some point in the fight? It seems like she always manages that. Penne escaped from it, Tecia was saved by the bell a couple of times, but it seems like everyone gets full mounted by Randa.

But what is Tecia going to do? As a stand up fighter, Tecia is a points-fighter. She doesn't seem able to hurt her opponents much, nor finish them. JJ will have longer reach, and JJ can definitely hurt her opponents and finish them. I cannot imagine Tecia getting more points in a stand-up war. So is Tecia going to try to take the fight to the ground and keep it there, as she did with Angela Hill? Tecia is the same size as Carla Esparza, and I don't think she will be able to surpass Carla's wrestling abilities, and Carla's abilities at wrestling were inadequate when she fought JJ.

This is a very good point... Kind of surprising I haven't thought of that since i've seen all her fights :) Penne's flexibility saved her from the mount in that fight. Doubting JoJed would be able to do the same resulting in a Randa armbar :icon_twis Tecia was definitely saved by the bell, a few more seconds in RD2 & it would have been a TKO.

HauntingWelcomeCatfish.gif

In regards to Tecia vs JoJed, I agree. I don't see her chances being very good...unless she got a lot more aggressive than usual. I don't know, i'd fully expect a JoJed victory there. Tecia could make it the distance though :)

Joanna recently in an interview said that she had an offer to fight at UFC 193(November 14), the UFC is already planning someone else than Claudia.
Joanna said UFC 193 is too quickly, but December is ok.

It is possible that we will see the Jedrzejczyk vs Moroz in December, of course if Moroz wins with Letourneau.

Last edited:
You might be right. But I can at least imagine a way that Randa could beat JJ. I don't expect her to beat JJ, but I can imagine the possibility. Has anybody, even those that have beaten Randa, managed to avoid her getting them in full mount at some point in the fight? It seems like she always manages that. Penne escaped from it, Tecia was saved by the bell a couple of times, Justine was in full mount before it turned into an armbar attempt that failed, but it seems like everyone gets full mounted by Randa. And Randa's fight with Justine Kish showed that Randa has a great chin and can keep on being dangerous even when eating a lot of punishment.

But what is Tecia going to do? As a stand up fighter, Tecia is a points-fighter. She doesn't seem able to hurt her opponents much, nor finish them. JJ will have longer reach, and JJ has great accuracy, and JJ can definitely hurt her opponents and finish them. I cannot imagine Tecia getting more points in a stand-up war. So is Tecia going to try to take the fight to the ground and keep it there, as she did with Angela Hill? Tecia is the same size as Carla Esparza, and I don't think she will be able to surpass Carla's wrestling abilities, and Carla's abilities at wrestling were inadequate when she fought JJ.

I agree.

Tecia has no viable path to victory against JJ. Not even in a fantasy scenario.

Randa does have a path to victory, though a small one.

In Randa's defense, she took the best shots Justine Kish had to give and never wilted, and nearly came back and won. And back then, Randa hadn't yet started training striking very seriously.

IMO Justine hits just as hard as JJ and has nearly equal muay thai credentials (she's a huge strawweight and came in 2 pounds heavy against Randa).

The more of a beating Randa takes, the stronger her resolve to win becomes. I don't see her mentally quitting against JJ like Carla and Jessica did.

But if Maryna wins I'd expect her to get the next shot at JJ, if Claudia isn't ready yet.

Back