Who's Next For Nunes? Aldana, Ladd or Pena?

I don't usually like top contender fights as it's just doing the champ a favour by removing a challenger, champs should defend every four months or so. Of course Nunes has two belts to defend, so unless they get rid of 145 that has to come first. Okay so give Anderson a crack, some of her fans might buy into it.

At featherweight I'd like to see her fight Spencer. At bantamweight, Pena.

Ronda Rousey

The goal is to make it competitive for atleast 1 minute and not 15 seconds

I thought Ketlen Vieira would decisively beat Aldana and then fight Nunes for the belt, but I didn't expect her to get knocked out by Aldana. That was a very impressive win for Aldana.

I personally would like to see Nunes Vs Pena; that's a fight that should have happened years ago.

I don't think Nunes would be able to do any damage to Pena on the ground: Pena's ground game is elite. She's the best in the division at fighting off her back and using the butterfly guard to sweep opponents. I don't even think Nunes would want to Julianna down for that reason.

Pena has also has improved her striking skills in leaps and bounds. She has the same reach as Nunes, hits hard and she's good at avoiding shots on the feet. Her knee strikes in the clinch by the cage are brutal, too.

Nunes supposedly improved her cardio over the years but after seeing the GDR rematch, it's obvious that she hasn't. I think Pena could cause Nunes to gas on the feet and on the ground. This is the worst match-up for Amanda since prime Cat Zingano, in my opinion.
I have always been pretty high on Peña. I felt she was comfortably beating Shevchenko till she got caught by a very basic arm bar and hadn't gotten a fair shake since (perhaps due to her polarizing personality). I can get behind her getting the next shot.

Nunes is destined to lose her next fight no matter what (I'm still shocked she made it past GDR, but whatever), and my gut tells me it's probably gonna be Irene Adelana.

Reasons pertaining to the 23 Enigma are: Irene will be 32 soon, her birthday is March 26th (3-26=23), etc. And reasons to think Amanda will lose her next fight are: It will be her 14th UFC fight (14 is a variation of 23), a loss will make her 12-2 in the UFC (subtract the double digits of 12 and it would read 3-2), it means her win streak will have began and ended with her 14th and 23rd MMA fights, Nunes herself will be 32 next year, etc.
Pretty sure you said Colby, Max and Nunes were going to win. Ready to admit your 23 Enigma is a giant load of shit?

funny how one fight can change everything

i remember picking Leslie Smith to thoroughly outbox Irene Aldana

i remember also thinking Pena's ground would be too much, then she got submitted by Valentina

I honestly don't see Pena as any threat to Nunes, of course I don't see Aldana or Ladd as threats, either. Against Pena, Nunes just keeps it standing and knocks her out. Against Aldana, Nunes just takes her down and brutalizes her. Ladd might have a chance on the ground, but I don't see her getting it there. There honestly isn't a bantamweight in the UFC that I would give more than a 20% chance against Nunes. Spencer managing to survive against Cyborg is intriguing for a featherweight fight, but Holm survived against Cyborg too, how'd that work against Nunes? Also, Spencer needs to be more disciplined in her diet and drop down to bantamweight. I think she'd be a real force there.

Pretty sure you said Colby, Max and Nunes were going to win. Ready to admit your 23 Enigma is a giant load of shit?

Nope. Specifically because there's ways pertaining to these people that the 23 Enigma will still have relevance (for example, the stuff I just mentioned about Nunes, and the fact that Volkanovski will lose his next fight since it's his 23rd fight, and him losing his next one will make him 21-2... subtract the single digits of that and you get 3-2.)

I've also made 20 or correct predictions for every one I get wrong, so asking me to dismiss it is ignorant

I have always been pretty high on Peña. I felt she was comfortably beating Shevchenko till she got caught by a very basic arm bar and hadn't gotten a fair shake since (perhaps due to her polarizing personality). I can get behind her getting the next shot.
I agree! She had a great game plan against Valentina, but she underestimated her ground game. She thought Valentina was just a striker and it cost her.

i remember also thinking Pena's ground would be too much, then she got submitted by Valentina
I don't think Pena would have to worry about Nunes submitting her from the bottom like Valentina did. Nunes doesn't seem to be able to fight off her back and if she tried, it would affect her cardio. When Rocky Pennington took Amanda down, Amanda just held on to her until the ref stood them up.

I don't think Pena would have to worry about Nunes submitting her from the bottom like Valentina did.

Correct. Because she's either going to be out cold by the time she hits the mat or getting pounded out on the ground. Pena has laughable striking defence, as in it's under 50% for her career and even Nicco Montano was landing on her at about a 50% clip. She's pretty much target practice for Nunes, and gets wrecked about as badly as Miesha Tate.

Give Aldana the title fight and have Ladd fight Pena.

Save her some time and make her fight the three of them in one night.

Nunes is crazy good.

Correct. Because she's either going to be out cold by the time she hits the mat or getting pounded out on the ground. Pena has laughable striking defence, as in it's under 50% for her career and even Nicco Montano was landing on her at about a 50% clip. She's pretty much target practice for Nunes, and gets wrecked about as badly as Miesha Tate.
Pena actually has really good striking defense. Valentina wasn't able to land shots on her when they fought which is rare because Valentina is able to outstrike all her opponents. Julianna was able to close the distance very quickly and hold her by the cage; she's always been good at that. This was back when Julianna's striking needed work, too. Also, I can't see Nunes pounding her on the ground because Julianna is the best in the division at fighting off her back and we saw how gassed Amanda gets when she tries pounding people on the ground.

Also, Nicco is a very good striker and she didn't want none of Pena's improved stand up. Nicco also had the size advantage because of the PED's and that was Pena's first fight back after nearly 2 years of being inactive.

It just doesn't matter..... eventually, someone who's not even on the radar will impede the goat accomplishment of miss Nunes.

In a few years with maycee putting on some poundage - down the road, that'd be something.

Nope. Specifically because there's ways pertaining to these people that the 23 Enigma will still have relevance (for example, the stuff I just mentioned about Nunes, and the fact that Volkanovski will lose his next fight since it's his 23rd fight, and him losing his next one will make him 21-2... subtract the single digits of that and you get 3-2.)

I've also made 20 or correct predictions for every one I get wrong, so asking me to dismiss it is ignorant
Zero evidence of that 20 to 1 ratio. I do remember you picked Edgar to beat Holloway so clearly you can't pick 145 pound fights. Pretty sure you also said Morares would beat Cejduo but I can't be bothered trawling through your posts to prove that. I said before this fight if all your tips proved to be accurate I'd be happy to admit that there's something to this 23 Enigma and I'd even be happy to throw some coin down on any subsequent events if you were right. You got 1 out of 4 tips right considering you hedged your bets on Morares/Aldo and that 1 tip was Yan over Faber who I believe was the most obvious pick on the entire card and the betting lines back that statement up. You've been shown up as a charlatan, simply put you and your theorem are full of shit.

Nunes is destined to lose her next fight no matter what (I'm still shocked she made it past GDR, but whatever), and my gut tells me it's probably gonna be Irene Adelana.

Reasons pertaining to the 23 Enigma are: Irene will be 32 soon, her birthday is March 26th (3-26=23), etc. And reasons to think Amanda will lose her next fight are: It will be her 14th UFC fight (14 is a variation of 23), a loss will make her 12-2 in the UFC (subtract the double digits of 12 and it would read 3-2), it means her win streak will have began and ended with her 14th and 23rd MMA fights, Nunes herself will be 32 next year, etc.

If you had to pick just ONE emerging market country’s index fund to invest in for 2020, which country would you choose?

How do you know? She hasn't displayed any of it in a real fight yet. You part of her team or something?
My bad. I just your post now. Didn't you watch her fight with Nicco Montano? Nicco usually outstrikes all her opponents, but Pena turned her into a panic wrestler with her new and improved striking.

Pena is 1-1 in the last 3 years, no way on her.

I'd rather see Ladd or Aldana.

I agree. I think Aldana-Nunes would be great if it stays on the feet, and Ladd gets knocked the fook out within 2 rounds.

Back