Who's more dominant in their respective divisions: Weidman or Jones?

Jones is 2 inches bigger, a little lengthier, a worse striker, maybe better cardio but who knows because of he uses his length to conserve energy, worse wrestling(blame dc being a extremely shorter fighter, wasting more energy trying to do nothing) Chris is evenly matched in size.. DC looks scared of Weidman. He's 4 inches shorter than Weidman.

I think Jon would make Chris look like a LHW gatekeeper.
Btw I really like Chris but I just cant see how he would beat Jon

Come on, LHW wasn't the deepest division, is had the most past there prime fighters trying to get a 2 win streak going...

Here's why Weidmann > Jones

Jones TD = Rampage who was on the downside of his career at that point, Shogun who has been on the downside since Pride, Rashad who is a natural MW, Vitoria who was a MW, Chael who was a MW, Machi da who was a natural MW...

Glover, Gus, and Cormier were impressive wins, although let's not pretend they were dominant wins, Weidman's AS, Vitor Machida(looked solid at 185) were more impressive in my books then those other 3, now if Weidman gets through Rockhold, and then Romero hands down he's the king, throw in Jacare and he's up there for GOAT, Jones doesn't have the competition in LHW to compete with Weidman

Come on... The guy has two legit title defences.

I know LHW is weak, but "two" is a little mean. Rashad, Gus, Glover and DC were all fully legit.

Jones is more dominant no question

You dont regard Machida as a MW because he's fighting in the division now, he was at 205 for years prior to fighting Jones and after fighting Jones. Guys like Vitor and Chael may have been MW's but on fight time they were anything but. They were solid LHWs.

Vitor and Chael hadn't fought a LHW opponent for half a decade when they entered the cage to take on a LHW champion famous for his physical advantage at that weight. Not only that, Vitor and Chael were 4-5 and 3-5 respectively in the most recent runs of their LHW careers.

They were the absolute opposite of solid LHWs.

Even Lyoto was a half-assed contender for Jones, 1-2 in his last 3 and that win was over a 48yo Randy Couture who hadn't had a meaningful win for four years or so. Quintin "Please Don't Wrestle Me" Jackson was only on a 2-win streak, and obviously we don't need to rehash the Shogun situation (hint: 3-2 and off a long surgery lay-off).

Jones is my favourite fighter but even I admit he's had a convenient softball or four on his run.

Weidman has the absolute most annoying fanbase. Even more so than Connor and Rousey.

Now both no longer hold the belt, one dominated the other inebriated.

Between the two, my money's on Jones' reestablishing his dominance over his division.

Weidman finally fought someone who wasn't washed up and he lost in spectacular fashion. Anyone with even a little bit of sense knew Weidman wasn't even on Jones' level.

Pre-Rockhold: "Are you doubting me? Stop doubting me!"

Post-Rockhold: "Why didn't you doubt me? You should have doubted me!"

Weidman finally fought a dude on the better side of 30 not at the twillight of their career.
The end,....

The fact that Vitor dominated the striking was evidence of huge holes in chris' game.

Back