Media Whos more athletic? Khabib vs Adesanya side by side

He's right, except he said strongman instead of weightlifting.
https://sites.psu.edu/oly85/2016/09/23/chinas-dominance/
To answer this completely we need to look at what makes a good weightlifter. The ideal weightlifter has short femurs and a long torso to allow for a more upright squat position which translates to more efficient lifts. He has short arms to reduce the distance he needs to propel the bar during the jerk and the snatch. His skeletal morphology allows him to hit optimal positions when lifting – open hip and shoulder joints to allow for increased mobility are ideal. He has a high proportion of fast-twitch to slow-twitch muscle fibers. (Fast-twitch fibers are responsible for power production whereas slow-twitch fibers are recruited heavily during endurance focused activities like running). In addition to these physical qualities, a good weightlifter must have great mental fortitude and be resilient, driven, and hardworking (the extent to which one’s upbringing affects mental qualities is still a topic of much debate). The best weightlifters are created when an athlete with these qualities is entered into a weightlifting system from a young age.

BigheartedSnoopyGardensnake-small.gif
weight lifters have slow twitch muscles? weight lifting is officially one of the most explosive sports. Lmfao you illiterate lies spreader.

all movements in olympic weight lifting are explosive movements, olympics weight lifters have some of the highest vertical jumps and can produce huge amounts of power which is studied in actual sports science.

all movements are explosive unlike american powerlifting etc.

olympic weightlifting main lifts are a great weight to build explosiveness, power and strength.

Better overall fighter..Khabib by far.

Who moves better and is more likely to perform better in multiple athletic, movement based sports tasks? Izzy.

We can see this in their striking. Izzy just moves better and Khabib is more flat footed.

They aren't white man. I seen Turks as light and pale as those guys. Come on man. They can pass for Saudi. Whites, Arabs, Turks, Avars, Berbers ect... are all part of the Caucasian race, but they are like sub races
Avars are actually distinct from Turks, Armenians, or Iranians. They developed in isolation 10,000 years ago and havent mixed much with outsiders since.

According to the authors: "we did not detect the high repeat numbers (X15) for DYS388 as reported in the Arab and Jewish populations from Near East nor did we find the single-banded motif YCAIIa22-YCAIIb22, associated with the diffusion of Arab people in Near East and North Africa. The Cohen, Galilee and I&P Arab modal haplotypes, which were reported in the Turkic populations from Anatolia were not found in the Dagestan samples.

They also estimated the TMRCA at 11.700 years and observed that "this estimate is in agreement with the archeological record which indicates that some of these ethnic groups have lived in the Dagestan mountains for over 10 000 years. These results suggest that colonization of Dagestan probably took place during an early phase of the peopling of Eurasia.

weight lifters have slow twitch muscles? weight lifting is officially one of the most explosive sports. Lmfao you illiterate lies spreader.

all movements in olympic weight lifting are explosive movements, olympics weight lifters have some of the highest vertical jumps and can produce huge amounts of power which is studied in actual sports science.

all movements are explosive unlike american powerlifting etc.

olympic weightlifting main lifts are a great weight to build explosiveness, power and strength.
Show me in that post where I say weightlifters are slow twitch. Here's the quote, made real big so you can read it slowly-
He has a high proportion of fast-twitch to slow-twitch muscle fibers. (Fast-twitch fibers are responsible for power production whereas slow-twitch fibers are recruited heavily during endurance focused activities like running)

Read the link again and then slap your parents for cursing you with such low IQ.

You're worthless. Ever heard of p4p?

For future reference..When you are arguing and need to build your argument off P4P just stop and realize you have no argument and lost.

The IWF Championships are held EVERY YEAR. You'd know what I was referring to if you clicked the link.

The USSR dominated weightlifting (among other sports) for the duration of its existence. Upon splitting, many of its former nations outperform Russia in this event, on a per capita basis. Many of USSR's best lifters came from Bulgaria, Georgia and Armenia.

Just a correction bro, Bulgaria was never part of the Soviet Union. Soviets had great olympic programs, so the selection had the benefit of pulling the best athletes from all over the vast country. In some Soviet Republics, some sports were more popular than others, so there was always a bit of dispersion based on national identity.

is only viable in the USA because ppl think clumsy moving chicken legs basketball players are athletic
Most of your post was fine, but this is just stupid.

NBA players are, for the VAST majority, extremely coordinated athletes. Coupled with their crazy height, it's honestly amazing just how athletic they are.

Watch the best basketball players do their thing. Watch 7 foot 1 Kevin Durant cross guys over and repeatedly drain 3s. Tell me that isn't crazy athletic, regardless of height, and even more insane when you do consider his size.

Top basketball players are amazingly athletic. The combination of coordination, explosive power, and cardio puts them near the top of the athlete heap for sure. Add in just how fucking big they are, and it's tough to beat them.

Tell me again just how chicken legged Zion Williamson is, lol.

And lol @ the useless discussion of people that area in between europeans and asians being white or not. Well, most have both white and asian traits in different degrees.

Eh I disagree. Its easy to dunk a ball when your 7feet tall with super long arms. You barely have to jump or reach up.

Meanwhile someone like Yoel has to overcome so much more to dunk that ball. It takes way more athletism to do what he does especially at his age. Also can nba people do backflips and the worm like johnny walker yo?
So you think dunking a basketball with no one guarding you is all that basketball is about?

Even moreso, you think that's all Durant does?

Lol, ok, you don't know basketball at all. Carry on

So you think dunking a basketball with no one guarding you is all that basketball is about?

Even moreso, you think that's all Durant does?

Lol, ok, you don't know basketball at all. Carry on
Dunking, or vertical leap, is the most obvious example of athleticism in basketball.. Nate Robinson is much more athletic than Kevin Durant. Dribbling, shooting etc is skill based

Big khabib fan but are we sure the pic isn't photoshopped? Not saying the OP shopped it but maybe the original source of the comparo pic? Or maybe it's right after a workout or fight when his muscles are pumped...or maybe I'm just wrong but he looks bigger than I expected

Just a correction bro, Bulgaria was never part of the Soviet Union. Soviets had great olympic programs, so the selection had the benefit of pulling the best athletes from all over the vast country. In some Soviet Republics, some sports were more popular than others, so there was always a bit of dispersion based on national identity.
My bad. I remembered that Bulgarian trainers were the best in the world at one time and used to influence the Russian weightlifter training.

How much percent fast twitch do you suspect I have? Bare in mind I think the camera makes me look slower due to the fps. I look faster in the mirror imo and through my eyes.

You can't really judge explosiveness with shadow boxing. Do a standing vert and measure it like this
how-to-measure-vertical-jump.jpg

This will explain why the standing vert is the most important way to measure one's fast twitch composition, and why this trait can't be trained.

That's leg explosiveness. There is a such thing as hand speed and different ratios of handspeed between each persons. You still seem mad tbh. I bet youre really slow in your striking genetically.
lol where do you think power in your hands is generated from? Have you even stepped into a boxing gym yet?

Two threads about Khabib and athleticism in the same week. Why are people saying he's athletic? He's well conditioned and is a good fighter but that doesn't mean he's athletic.

Are we only allowed to make threads about how blacks are athletic?

Should we make threads about brain size and IQ as well? Just wondering, since we are talking about supposedly genetic things.

Back