Who's going to De-Throne Marty Fakenewsman?

Burns is a super dangerous fight for him. He won’t want to go the ground with a BJJ expert and Burns got deadly hands

I think Usman beats Burns and then retire after beating the record for most consecutive wins in the WW division, he's currently tied with GSP. He has beaten Edwards, Colby, Woodley, Masvidal, and if he beats burns then he literally beat the entire top 5.

Usman is one of those guys I can see retiring pretty young.

So I’m gonna say nobody. He beats Burns, then Colby, then retires before having to fight GOATmaev.

If burns doesn't do it Chimaev definitely has the best chance. Awful matchup for Usman

I think Usman beats Burns and then retire after beating the record for most consecutive wins in the WW division, he's currently tied with GSP. He has beaten Edwards, Colby, Woodley, Masvidal, and if he beats burns then he literally beat the entire top 5.
Why would he retire? Just 2 years ago he was still only making $55k per fight (source).

He's got quite a few fights left. And I'm willing to bet he'd rather retire with another couple mil and 2 losses, than retire undefeated with a couple mil less in the bank. I could be wrong, but just a hunch.

Why would he retire? Just 2 years ago he was still only making $55k per fight (source).

He's got quite a few fights left. And I'm willing to bet he'd rather retire with another couple mil and 2 losses, than retire with a couple mil less.
he made bank in the Masvidal fight, 1.3M PPV buys. Remember that he's the champ, and the Colby and Masvidal fight both did well. But he has knee problems so severe that he needs to walk down backwards in stairs. With a win over Burns he has taken out any threats in the top 5, literally beating Woodley, Colby, Masvidal, Edwards and then Burns.

I'm shocked people think wonderboy could beat him. Usman would win that fight easily imo

Biggest ufc threats are burns and colby.

he made bank in the Masvidal fight, 1.3M PPV buys. Remember that he's the champ, and the Colby and Masvidal fight both did well. But he has knee problems so severe that he needs to walk down backwards in stairs. With a win over Burns he has taken out any threats in the top 5, literally beating Woodley, Colby, Masvidal, Edwards and then Burns.
Damn. First I've heard of that. Can you point me to a video or article or something on that? I'd love to know more. Thanks.

I know he had surgery on one knee about 18 months ago....

Who will take the Throne? Fakenewsman is pretty damn good. Colby is 2nd best right now, and probably won't get a rematch for a few fights. Who do you guys see taking it?

Not Colby thats for dam sure ..hasnt changed a thing since the last fight.

Usman beats him quicker next time

Damn. First I've heard of that. Good answer. Can you point me to a video or article or something on that? I'd love to know more. Thanks.
I saw a video somewhere, I think it was Anatomy Of A Fighter that had it, where he had to walk backward downstairs because he has bad knees. He has also talked about this when he was on Food Truck Diaries, he has not been running for like 3 years due to this. If it's really that bad, then I do think he will retire.

I can't find the video on Anatomy Of A Fighter's twitter, He either retweeted or liked it. It was Usman walking out of the cage after UFC 251.

I think Burns can do it.

Leon lost a competitive fight to Usman already (Usman's most competitive fight in the UFC barring the Colby fight). A few adjustments and nothing is to say Leon can't win a rematch.

I think those are the only 2 in the UFC at this moment.

But if you want my honest opinion Lima is the best WW on the planet.

So even though Lima got dominated by wrestlers earlier in his career and his since avoided wrestlers you think hes solved this issues? Please tell me how you came to that conclusion?

Weird you make no mention of Covington when he literally was minutes away from beating Usman before a suspect stoppage.

Weird you make no mention of Covington when he literally was minutes away from beating Usman before a suspect stoppage.

are you high?

1 judge had it for colby going into the 5th.

And that 5th round would have been a clear 10-8. Usman would have either won a split or majority decision and kept his belt.

754c96457673403f2da7db8828acba3e2e3eadb1.gif

Let’s see how chimaev looks this time next year, but as it stands right now, no one is beating him

I think Burns will be the toughest match up so far, but I'm still favoring Usman. No one around currently strikes me as a real threat for him. Maybe a Colby rematch could be risky, seeing as how the last one was close, but I still think he wins there as well. The only two factors to keep an eye on that could change everything were already mentioned (knees and age):

Age, he's 33
I saw a video somewhere, I think it was Anatomy Of A Fighter that had it, where he had to walk backward downstairs because he has bad knees. He has also talked about this when he was on Food Truck Diaries, he has not been running for like 3 years due to this. If it's really that bad, then I do think he will retire.

I can't find the video on Anatomy Of A Fighter's twitter, He either retweeted or liked it. It was Usman walking out of the cage after UFC 251.

Back