Whos giving Melendez (The true #1 LW) a chance against Benson?

lawlz.... outwrestling Benson.... good one.

I said this before and I'll say it again (though I'll probably gonna get flamed because of this again). Melendez hasn't beat anybody near the caliber of the UFC's top 5 LW. He has a streak but that's it.

Put him up against Maynard for a test.

Man I've been getting flamed like a motherfucker for saying the same thing.

Bendo via gorilla fuck. He is such a beast.

Gil has won 7 straight fights, and he has only lost 2 times in his whole career. Both by decision. So yes I am giving him a chance, he deserves the shot, and people should give Gil more respect.

I just see Bendo mixing his strikes up too much where he would be able to take him down

Fair enough, I think either of them would have to mix it up to win, they are kind of similar in style though Henderson uses kicks and Melendez has better hands.

Who do you think would be able to stop Henderson's strikes and beat him on the feet?

For the most part Strikeforce fighters have failed miserably in the UFC.

Fair enough, I think either of them would have to mix it up to win, they are kind of similar in style though Henderson uses kicks and Melendez has better hands.

Who do you think would be able to stop Henderson's strikes and beat him on the feet?

that's a good question, I thought Nate would have been able to but Bendo seemed to excel there as well but maybe Pettis if he beats Ceronne

I'm not sure that Gil will win, but I think he has decent chances. The problem is that Ben can out point him on the feet.

that's a good question, I thought Nate would have been able to but Bendo seemed to excel there as well but maybe Pettis if he beats Ceronne

I too think that Pettis would beat Henderson again, he just seems to be a bad match up for him, he has the footwork and TDD to keep it standing and he is one of the best strikers at LW. I know Pettis got outwrestled by Guida but he is the only one to do so and his style is way different than Henderson's.

I think Gil won't look as dominant as people think when he gets to the UFC.

I don't see him beating Benson, Maynard, Diaz, Pettis, or maybe even Cerrone.

They should put him up against Jim Miller on the next FOX card and if he wins, then give him the shot.

I think Melendez wins but IMO it won't be with wrestling, Melendez will out strike and outwork Henderson to a decision.

I think this will be a very competitive fight though and the people who don't give Melendez a chance are being foolish, Melendez has been a top fighter for a long time.

Bingo! I'm foolish.

I think Gil won't look as dominant as people think when he gets to the UFC.

I don't see him beating Benson, Maynard, Diaz, Pettis, or maybe even Cerrone.

They should put him up against Jim Miller on the next FOX card and if he wins, then give him the shot.

Jim Miller might beat every one of the guys you mentioned on a good day.

this thread looks like abunch of JDS fans before cain vs jds 2 happened

I think Gil will eventually end up at 145 and be successful. I just don't see him doing well in the UFC at 155

Back