Who's fans are more annoying: Conor or Ronda?

i am a fan of both but some connor fans overrate him too much for not even beating the #1 guy in the division yet

ronda's hype is warranted

Ronda has the most annoying fans. Conor's blow too, but a good number are tongue-in-cheek about the whole thing.

Ronda's fans are die-hard idiot white knights who think she'll come and blow them if only she saw their unforgettable displays of chivalry on the internet.

I think you can find annoying and painfully delusional fans for every fighter. But there are plenty of annoying and delusional haters as well. Right now I would say the more extreme Ronda fans, and Conor haters are the most annoying.

Ronda fans by far

8QOvYBh.png

We sherbros laugh at ufc's marketing of ronda but casual fans eat that shit up.

This redheaded stepchild at work told me conor buys animals to study their movements. Hahaha.

Conor threads are more annoying for one very simple reason -- he doesn't even hold an undisputed title. You don't deserve more than a few cursory threads until you're the undisputed champion of your division and have preferably defended the title at least once.

Being insanely hyped with a ton of threads before you've fought a single top 5 contender is the definition of undue praise or criticism. You just haven't proven anything one way or the other so any discussion is theoretical at best and hyperbolic at worst.

Rousey gets a lot of threads, but least she's the undisputed, undefeated Champion and has multiple title defenses under her belt. She may not have the best competition, but at least she's completely crushed her opposition as would be expected of a legitimate champion facing sub-par competition.

How many UFC champions couldn't even crush the cans they faced properly? More than a few.

So excessive Conor threads take the cake. At least for now.

Do you feel the same way with analysts? Does it annoy you when they praise prospects for bringing an innovative style to the fight because they aren't using it vs the top of the heap?

Imo sometimes it's even more fun to see an unexpected debutant display slick skills than a champion doing it to some one dimensional wrestler who climbed his way to the top in lackluster fashion.

Do you feel the same way with analysts? Does it annoy you when they praise prospects for bringing an innovative style to the fight because they aren't using it vs the top of the heap?

Imo sometimes it's even more fun to see an unexpected debutant display slick skills than a champion doing it to some one dimensional wrestler who climbed his way to the top in lackluster fashion.

Analysts are paid to write column inches and they don't devote 30 articles to that topic in 3 days.

A thread here and there is one thing, filling the board with 10 threads about someone who didn't even have gold around their waist isn't the same thing.

And no, I don't consider a discussion of an "innovative new style" to be that meaningful until it's been tested against the higher levels of competition. I couldn't care less if that spinning Capoiera kick worked against some guy in the amateur ranks. If it doesn't work at the upper echelons then it just looks pretty.

After both of their fights the message boards have been filled with threads about Conor or Ronda.

My question is four parts:

1) Who got the most threads about them during the two day span following their fight?

2) Who is more hated on Sherdog Ronda or Conor?

3) Who's fans are the most annoying?

4) Who's haters are the most annoying?
1. No clue. -But I did take a break from Sherdog following the McGregor fight, for a reason. I enjoyed the fight that much more.

2. Ronda. -Usually leads to some diatribe on how WMMA is killing the UFC.

3. Conor. -It's common for his fans to believe anyone who isn't swooned by him, hates him. If he tweets, we will know about it. Twice. Master of human movement, etc.

4. Ronda. -From pseudo-biology to "bro, only casual fans", they spew constant nonsense.

Any hardcore fans—of fighters or anyone/anything else—are annoying. Cult of personality and all that.

Well I'm fan of both and have ben since the beginning so the right answer is Jon Jones.

People who make butthurt threads, they are the worst

stupid thread, stupid TS. Conor fans are worse. next..

Both are terrible, but Conor would kill Ronda in a cage, so they at least have a solid base.

I don't find Ronda fans that annoying. Most acknowledge that she is fighting total cans for the most part and they're OK with it. They like what she does for the sport and appreciate her dominance.

McHype fans OTOH, are bloody awful. They literally believe Cloner to me superhuman, a demigod that cannot be hurt, never gets hit, and has great wrestling. They make me physically ill

Back