Who's done e dating?

Did you hear Scarlett getting off during that scene? I must say I began to fluff.

Joking aside; and while this is not the point of this thread, I believe there is something to e-relationships. A number of years ago I went through a divorce. I was also a member of a few different bulletin boards (much like Sherdog). While I did know any of the members personally I often found companionship on-line. The beauty of on-line relationships is the diversity of people who you will meet and the limited amount of prejudice you will have once you are engage your fellow posters in conversation. Seriously, I have no idea which posters are black, gay, or even the few women on here mostly fly under the radar as such.

hey man i'm not judging. i've been there as well. not even going through a tough time or needing companionship. i just happened to cross paths with someone and we connected for a while. while i used to snicker at the thought of it happening to people, i don't think it's really much different than any other form of connection you make to people.

I didn't take it as you were. I thought the movie posed a few interesting questions about reality.

Met my wife online, been married 5 years now. I guess it works. Like others have said, it lets you filter out all the ones you'd have nothing to do with before you even meet them. Big time saver.

I suppose one's expectations should be aligned with what one is seeking. If you are looking for something along the lines of long-term friendship/activity partners, I would say good luck with that. People seem to be looking for either 'the one" or a one night stand, whether they are honest about it or not.

unless i get divorced again (not likely) im done for obvious reasons.

would do it again though, had more good experiences than bad.

I took the concept literally. Imagine one does actually have an online "date". Where they set aside a time, to be together online. And talk, or participate in some activity online.

I really like conversation, so I could be attracted to a woman that way. But I have to find her at least a little physically attractive.

The only time I ever used a dating site was because I wanted to do some science and have sex with a fat girl. It was successful. And no, it's not better.

have not because I've been married for a long time, but my best friend met his girl there and they have a baby due in a month. The wife has a friends who is engaged to a guy she met on e-harmony.

I have another friend who trolled OKcupid and put out some absolutely ridiculous pick up lines and had success. He'd send messages to girls and the first message would be "How much?". He'd get a puzzled response back and then he'd respond with "how much are you gonna pay me to fuck you". Strangely enough it worked. He took some pics of one of his conquests hanging her head in shame. Pretty funny.

Back