Wholesale Accounts - Help!

ryan115

White Belt
Reaction score
Hey guys. Just wanted to get some feedback from anyone with experience. I was trying to start some wholesale accounts with various gear companies. Mainly for kimonos, rashies, shorts, and tshirts. I was thinking of opening up a small proshop in our club (w/ my instructor's blessings of course). When someone is investing over a $100 on a kimono they likely want to physically see it. That's why it's hard to buy gear over the net.

Anyways, I emailed RDFC.tv, OTM, and Jiujitsu Progear to see if this is even doable. Not one company has responded back. Do these companies only deal with established stores? I haven't even asked for a price list yet. All I've asked are minimum order requirements. Do I need to contact the manufacturer's directly? e.g. Koral.

Any advise would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Its a tough one mate, companies don't want to wholesale to a guy who has got 3 or 4 mates together to blagg a load of stuff on the cheap. So without an existing set up they will be reluctant to deal with you. Most companies won't even release price information which is a catch 22. You want to know what kind of margins you can earn before you start, but co's don't want to release prices until they have evidence of an existing operation.

I have been a part of Wholesale, just not in MMA Lines. Usually you will have to have a fairly high initial order to get started with most places. Would figure it would be the same in this case too. Never had a problem getting an answer from companies though, but never delt with MMA/BJJ companies.

I would definitely not mind investing the $ on the initial order to get the wholesale prices.

Sportsselect: I totally appreciate that catch 22 situation because that's what it's coming down to. How can one even start an operation? I figured they would still respond with the minimum requirements.

I think this is common practice with TMA stores to set these up with schools. That is definitely why they have a wider distribution net.

You're getting guys starting BJJ in my area, buying $100 + judo gi's (loose cut) when they can spend a little more and get the proper equipment.
That's one of the main reasons why I wanted to start it...give access to better gear.

Sirius actually responded so props to them. I would definitely order from a quality company. I only have a rashie from them and I have nothing but good things to say about the product and service I received from the company. Our first order will definitely be from them.

Hey guys. Just wanted to get some feedback from anyone with experience. I was trying to start some wholesale accounts with various gear companies. Mainly for kimonos, rashies, shorts, and tshirts. I was thinking of opening up a small proshop in our club (w/ my instructor's blessings of course). When someone is investing over a $100 on a kimono they likely want to physically see it. That's why it's hard to buy gear over the net.

Anyways, I emailed RDFC.tv, OTM, and Jiujitsu Progear to see if this is even doable. Not one company has responded back. Do these companies only deal with established stores? I haven't even asked for a price list yet. All I've asked are minimum order requirements. Do I need to contact the manufacturer's directly? e.g. Koral.

Hi Ryan,

Please let me know which email address you used to send your request to us and I will look into this for you. Typically, all requests such as this are supposed to pass across my desk. I am slightly behind in many of my responses, but it shouldn't be any more than 24 to 48 hours before I respond to you.

FYI... I believe that if you haven't heard back from OTM or Jiujitsu Progear as well that everyones inbox is just overflowing. Please let me know which brands you are looking for and I can assist you further. If you are looking for wholesale Koral, you will need to get in touch with Jiujitsu Progear for sure.

Take Care,
Chris - Red Dragon Fight Company

Thanks for your response, Chris. I also got the voicemail that you left me yesterday.
I sent the email to [email protected]. Ill call you back this afternoon to chat more about our order.

Talk to you soon. Thanks, again.

If you want to sell these to make a profit then should get a business license. I deal with clothing companies and you have to submit your company info to get good wholesale pricing and you have to buy in bulk. They don't want you to buy just a few for yourself or friends. If your trying to get some just for your friends or the gym then stores can give you a bulk discount, just wont be as good as wholesale. Contact companies direct and get their price list to see what wholesale cost are or ask them what the range is. Then ask stores what kind of deal they will give you and figure out what you want to do. I know gamness has a min order of $300

Send me a PM. I would be happy to help you. And from experience, I can tell you that the guys at RDFC are first class. Between them and me, I am sure we can help you.

I looked into starting a business one time for something drastically different, but the principles may be the same. I called up the actual companies of what I wanted (in your case Sirius, Atama, Gameness, etc.) to see what I needed to do to start my business.

Most of the companies said that to distribute their products, I would need just a business checking account, a sign, some type of paper saying I'm an inc. business (I forgot what it was, but a business lawyer can easily get it) and a business address in order to sell their products.

So it's not really much. Then they said they'd send me catalogs to put in my store, and that even though there was no minimum orders I had to do, they recommended me getting a few pieces to stock in the store to show customers. Then essentially each order would've been done by drop shipping whatever pieces at a time (no minimum).

Pretty easy way to start a business, as there was no initial cost in merchandise that I had to invest. If it's that easy with these gi manufacturers, you're in luck! Oh yeah, and they also said there were floor level prices, and that if I was selling for cheaper than their minimums they no longer do business with me.

I am drop shipping TITLE MMA and Throwdown via my website

Sick Gear from SickBrands.com, Inspired by the warrior. Created for the athlete.

also my own line of Jiu Jitsu Gi's..... Sick Jiu Jitsu

High Quality Pearl weave 550 gram.....great looking Gi as well

index.php

Sorry, no advice to add or answer to your questions, but I figured Id add that Gameness has really good customer service in regards to this and offers deals for academys looking to buy in bulk and distro their gis, so you may wanna contact them

Are you in the US? If not, you'll got far fewer responses. As a previous poster said, people are busy. You'll have better success calling.

Yeah I was gonna rep Ring to Cage also. We are a super small program and they worked with our budget. Mohsin is good people.

Back