Whole30 diet log for September 2016

Higus

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Starting a log to help me get through the month.

Always had issues with over eating, especially sugary foods. My wife and I are trying to brake bad habits and save some money by cooking our own meals. Whole30 is going to be a challenge, but I think it's better to push ourselves real hard and jump start ourselves. Wish us luck

Day 1

Breakfast:
2 hardboiled eggs
Black iced coffee

Lunch:
Chicken breast and broccoli
Apple slices with cinnamon
Cherry Larabar

Dinner:
Chicken salad with mustard, grapes, and chives

Snacks:

Mood: I was super anxious last night; I definitely think I have a sugar addiction. Kind of worried about what I'm going to do after dinner, which is usually when I have a snack attack. For now I've been too busy at work to have to think about food too much. The weekend could be a big challenge if I'm idle for too long.

Last edited:
You can do it bro! I'll be supporting you and watching this thread. Willpower and it is only 30 days. You got this!

Day 2

Breakfast:
Kale, sweet potato, egg hash
Hard boiled egg

Lunch:
Chicken salad leftovers

Dinner:
Ribeye steak
Sautéed mushrooms and spinach

Snacks:
Cantaloupe
Cashews

Mood:
Spending the weekend away from home, so we had to do a lot of cooking in advance. I'll admit, I had a really short fuse for a good part of the day. Denying your body something it wants will have serious effects on your mood. By the evening I felt back to normal. We treated ourselves to steaks I cooked on the grill.

Missed a few days of logging with the long weekend.

Day 5:
Breakfast:
Honeydew melon
Black Coffee

Lunch:
Salmon Filets with mustard lemon sauce
Larabar

Dinner:
Hardboiled eggs (I wasn't that hungry, lunch was late)

Mood:
KILL!
The weekend was pretty miserable. We were away from home visiting my inlaws. Their house had a ton of snacks around. Everywhere I looked I wanted chips or cookies or sodas. We ended up doing our own cooking a lot, and had a couple of burgers sans buns that tasted good but weren't filling. That's been a challenge; eating food and transitioning to a non eating state without being completely satisfied.
Mood was super irritable. I couldn't stand to be around people because I felt like I was going to snap at someone I cared about.
On the positive side, my wife says I look like I've lost a little weight (haven't weighed myself since the start). She says her normal heartburn is mostly gone.

Day 6:
Back at work, I'm hoping that it will be easier to keep my mind occupied off eating.

Breakfast:
Black Coffee

Lunch:
Garden Salad, no dressing
Grilled chicken breast

Dinner:
Shredded chicken

Snacks:
Hardboiled eggs x2
Orange
Larabar

Mood:
Bored. It's strange no longer looking forward to meals. I'm starting to see the association my brain made with them; time marks in my day, little mental boosters, the next hit of sugar, etc.
I've been busy at work all day, so I haven't had any aggravating moments to test my mood like over the weekend.

Day 7

Breakfast:
Black Coffee

Lunch:
Chicken thigh
Steamed Veggies

Dinner:
Fruit
Ground Turkey with tomatoes

Mood:
Evened out a little. Not as agitated as I was before. Not craving sugar as much, but it's hard to get satisfaction from meals.

Day 8:

Breakfast:
Black Coffee

Lunch:
Ground turkey leftovers
Larabar

Dinner:
Will update later. Probably shredded chicken leftovers and some vegetables.

Mood:
Not bad. Food fatigue would be the biggest issue, but I've been too busy to really think about eating today.
The weekend is coming up, so I'm a little apprehensive that I'm going to have a lot of idle time to be thinking about snacks and stuff.
Planning my meals for a couple of days and staying active will probably help the time go faster.

Full disclosure: Broke the diet over the weekend. The wife and I were both miserable from it, and it was putting a strain on us. Cheated most of Saturday and for a snack on Sunday. We decided to change our scope a little to manage the diet. Now we are just trying to limit our overall carb and sugar uptake for the rest of the month. I guess our plan is to do a Whole30 compliant diet for at least 2 meals a day, then have a small serving around dinner to take the edge off. Still eating a lot of fruits, vegetables and meats, but not going to freak out if we want to have a glass of milk or some beans with our meal.

Day 11

Breakfast:
Cantaloupe
Fried eggs
Prosciutto
ice coffee

Lunch:
Tuna sandwich
Ice Coffee
Half a cookie

Dinner:
Vegetable soup
Burger patty (needed some meat)

Mood: disappointed I couldn't stick to the diet, but I realize how tough it was. It was a good goal and it made me aware of how much your body can become addicted to sugary foods. Going to keep trying to limit my intake for the rest of the month and stick to whole foods as much as possible.

Day 12

Breakfast:
Black Iced coffee

Lunch:
Vegetable Soup

Dinner:
Fruit salad
Black coffee

Mood: No real appetite yesterday. Was busy between work and night classes, so not much time to think about food. Had a headache in the evening, probably because I was under hydrated.

Day 13:

Breakfast:
Black coffee (I really need to think about eating something in the morning)

Lunch:
Salad with chicken

Dinner:
Went to a Greek restaurant and cheated
Marinated octopus
Gyro with tzatziki sauce
Baklava and a black coffee (I should have stopped at the gyro, but at least I skipped french fries or pilaf while I was there)

Day 14:
Breakfast:
Iced coffee

Lunch:
Pork Tenderloin
Steamed Vegetables

Dinner:
Turkey Sandwich (tossed out most of the bread; it was a really bad sandwich)
Coffee
Shredded pork

Day 15

Breakfast
Iced Coffee

Lunch:
Shredded Pork

Dinner:
Chicken
Sweet potatoes

Day 19

Broke diet a couple of times over the weekend. Ice cream was had. It also made me sick the next day. Good or bad thing?

Breakfast:
Coffee

Lunch:
Shreaded Pork

Dinner:
Salad with grilled chicken
Coffee

Snack:
Chicken Salad with grapes and mustard

I'm just discovering this log and man, does it look like a miserable diet. I just don't see how it can be beneficial in the long run to eat so little variety, never to satiety, of course you're going to crash and burn... Anyway, hope you didn't get it all back.

Day 19
Broke diet a couple of times over the weekend. Ice cream was had. It also made me sick the next day. Good or bad thing?

Bad, your system is confused as hell

You should just do the Atkins diet and just eat all the meat and fish you want, while cutting carbs and sugar out of your diet. If you work out, then you will see the results from the Atkins diet. I eat a lot, and that diet worked perfectly for me.

Back