Whole Milk Discussion

if whole milk is good for you, and real butter is good for you, then cheese and sour cream must be good for you as well. Woot!! Dieting just got easier.

Whole milk isn't bad for you! It's just that it's loaded with heart disease causing saturated fat........

Of course skim milk > whole milk. very very easy answer to your question.

the-spellr said:
Olive oil for frying, not deepfrying though... keep of that!
1,5% milk, not full (which in Sweden is 3%)

Damn no wonder why those babes from Sweden are so hawt, it does a body good.

"vitamin A is all important to the human diet because it allows the body to use proteins and minerals, enhances the immune system , fights infection, and ensures proper vision and reproduction. the true form of vitamin A, or retinol, is found only in animal fats and organs such as liver. the body is able to convert beta carotene from plants into vitamin A if bile salts are available, but bile secretion in the body is stimulated by the consumption of fat. even then, the conversion isn't very efficient. butter and full fat dairy foods from pastured cows are rich sources of vitamin A, as is cod liver oil." (taken from, The Makers Diet, by Jordan S. Rubin) in light of this information i now use whole milk for mixing my protein shakes, since they are normally consumed at an acceptable time for fat intake anyway, but the bulk of my milk drinking is still from skim milk because i drink it constantly and don't want that much fat.

Ezra said:
"vitamin A is all important to the human diet because it allows the body to use proteins and minerals, enhances the immune system , fights infection, and ensures proper vision and reproduction. the true form of vitamin A, or retinol, is found only in animal fats and organs such as liver. the body is able to convert beta carotene from plants into vitamin A if bile salts are available, but bile secretion in the body is stimulated by the consumption of fat. even then, the conversion isn't very efficient. butter and full fat dairy foods from pastured cows are rich sources of vitamin A, as is cod liver oil." (taken from, The Makers Diet, by Jordan S. Rubin) in light of this information i now use whole milk for mixing my protein shakes, since they are normally consumed at an acceptable time for fat intake anyway, but the bulk of my milk drinking is still from skim milk because i drink it constantly and don't want that much fat.

You kind of got me chuckling, Ezra. Yeah, Vitmain A is good for you, but how much, and how much are you getting without your whole milk substitution?

One thing you never find in an American is a Vitamin A deficiency.

Ezra-
I've met Jordan Rubin at a seminar at my old job.
Did you know that he's currently underinvestigation for falsifying his documentation about his Chrons disease severity and the bookd he made because of it. They also say he's falsified his doctorate, he did say that he acheived hid doctorate while he was developing his HSO line which "cured" him.
Now don't get me wrong, I think he has some great stuff, just a little inside info for you.

Micheal Wanaka-
If I drank whole milk all day I'd worry about the my heart. But as much as I drink daily, maybe 16oz., I have no fear. Whole is better thatn stripped skim.

KOU In3 said:
So if one were to switch from skim milk to 2% milk to get some extra calories, would this be considered a healthy or unhealthy fat source?

I.e. Getting extra calories from bacon... bad
Getting extra calories from peanut butter... good.

Extra calories from milk fat is...?

WTF.....What do you got against bacon?!? Are you sayin its bad for you??????123!!98

whole milk is the only way to go. Watered down milk(skim) just sucks. I drink about 2 glasses of whole milk a day, and as long as you're active, no problems.

loaded with heart disease causing saturated fat........

sat fat has nothing to do with HD at all....People need to research it much better...

Well, I haven't received my Preciscion Nutrition, apparently there was a huge demand so it was delayed from shipping until a couple weeks after I ordered it, but some of the PNer's are saying Berardi excludes reduced fat milks and skim milks almost entirely from the regimen.

I don't know why, exactly, yet, as it seems most of these people don't understand why, but it may have something to do with the increased GI of lower-fat milks.

I think if you're making a shake with other ingredients that include fats, fiber, whatever, you're better off going with skim milk and reducing your intake of animal fat. Like I already said, if you're eating enough meat and dairy (and how many of us aren't?), you're getting enough fats from animal sources.

Back