Who'd pay 25$ to watch UFC in a movie theater....

I am still yet to see a 3d movie and until I do I don't believe in them

3D movies have come a long way since I saw Jaws 3D back in the 80's. They're fuckin' sweet now, expensive as hell but damn sweet.

As long as they let you in and out of the theater between fights. I like to smoke a little during the fights plus unless they had a great IPA on tap at the theater, I'd need to have my own car beers. Life's too short to pay for shitty beers like Bud Light!

Check out the Epic Beer Thread in Mayberry

I am still yet to see a 3d movie and until I do I don't believe in them

They are surprisingly pleasant. Even if you aren't into The Hobbit watching it in HFR 4K 3D was a serious entertainment experience. Half tech demo, half fun little adventure movie.

I always sneak in a pint of whiskey when I go to the movies

I would be afraid to try that here. I've heard of people getting kicked out over sneaking in a candy bar. I imagine an open bottle of whiskey could actually get you arrested. If you live in a big city then by all means.

I always sneak in a pint of whiskey when I go to the movies

My girlfriend and I shared the iMax theater last night with an Indian couple who sat almost at the bottom row (wayyyyyy too close). We were in back, comfortable distance away and I figured it'd be safe to pull out my G Pen.

Needless to say I smoked for almost all three hours of The Hobbit and no one was the wiser.

Its 15$ here and since 4K 3d UFC will never happen, guess it doesnt matter

My girlfriend and I shared the iMax theater last night with an Indian couple who sat almost at the bottom row (wayyyyyy too close). We were in back, comfortable distance away and I figured it'd be safe to pull out my G Pen.

Needless to say I smoked for almost all three hours of The Hobbit and no one was the wiser.

Nice

Nope, cuz I like to slo-mo, replay, etc when I want...tough to do that in theater venue. Would be fun once in a while as part of large group of friends. As a rule tho...nah.

$25 would actually be a steal compared to the overpriced extortion racket they're trying to run with this sixty dollar pay-per-view bullshit.

Sixty dollars for brad tavares and louis gaudinot (2-2 in the UFC without the no contest).

That is how much the UFC respects your wallet.

Regardless if it ever makes it to the movie theaters I wonder if they'll ever broadcast in 3D.

I don't know if they still do or not, but I know the theater here was showing UFC events. I remember seeing cutouts of GSP/Hendricks up advertising it

half that price maybe,,,but bottled beer and smoking access is a must

I saw the last 2 PPV's in the theater and it was $14 a ticket, they sold beer there for like $9 a cup..

UFC 182 is only in limited theaters probably because the last 2 did so badly nationwide, and the price is only $13 now:

http://www.cinemark.com/ufc-182-jones-vs-cormier

Fuck. I don't want to drive to either Portland or Federal Way. :rolleyes:

That's amazing though, I wonder how good the quality would be.

Back