Who You Got? YODSANKLAI vs PETCHMORRAKOT in ONE Super Series next week?

Petchmorrakot beat Petrosyan and Saenchai I think he beats Yod at this stage of his career coming off 2 brutal losses.

Petchmorakot is more versatile

Petchmorakot is obviously the favourite but im going with yodsanklai for the upset.

I think yod knocksdown pet at some stage.

I'd love Yod to be able to comeback with a big win here after the two tough losses. With it Muay Thai rules I think that gives a bit of advantage to Petchmorrakot as he's the better clincher, but Yod is very dangerous with the small gloves so that evens it a bit.

Hoping for a "Full of venom is the left leg of the Thai" drop at some point.

In another thread i wrote that i would rather have seen the matches (Superbon vs Sittichai, Petchmorrakot vs Yodsanklai) be switched up. However, now i realize this is a great opportunity for Petchmorrakot to shine after being robbed in his first fight against Petrosyan. For example, Samy Sana was long a second tier fighter, losing against almost all thais he fought. When he beat Yodsanklai he suddenly became a "big name". I think Petchmorrakot will be the best Muay Thai fighter at 70 kg for many years to come and having a win againt Yodsanklai will sure help marketing-wise.

In another thread i wrote that i would rather have seen the matches (Superbon vs Sittichai, Petchmorrakot vs Yodsanklai) be switched up. However, now i realize this is a great opportunity for Petchmorrakot to shine after being robbed in his first fight against Petrosyan. For example, Samy Sana was long a second tier fighter, losing against almost all thais he fought. When he beat Yodsanklai he suddenly became a "big name". I think Petchmorrakot will be the best Muay Thai fighter at 70 kg for many years to come and having a win againt Yodsanklai will sure help marketing-wise.
I think its probably better for the sport if Petchmorrakot wins too. He's got a lot more years ahead of him, kind of a passing of the torch. Yod seems to be plagued with injuries at this point in his career. Has a lot of miles on him. One of my favorite fighters to watch though.

I think its probably better for the sport if Petchmorrakot wins too. He's got a lot more years ahead of him, kind of a passing of the torch. Yod seems to be plagued with injuries at this point in his career. Has a lot of miles on him. One of my favorite fighters to watch though.
I'm surprised Yod is even still fighting. I thought he was done after his knee injury.

Petchmorrakot is definitely a favourite here, he's younger and hungrier and has had great performances recently while Yod is past his prime and coming off 2 loses.

When this was announced I was thinking Petchmorakot would dominate, but Petchmorakot can get drawn into punching exchanges(see Ramazanov fight) and this is MMA gloves vs Yod. Yod is a live dog in this one for sure.

Petmorakot is probably one of the best Nak Muay from the last generation (9 years or so), imo, even back in Yodsanklai's prime, Petmorakot would win. Petmorakot is very versatile, great clinching and distance striking. If Yodsanklai gets close, he can clinch up but under SAoT Covid clinch rules, idk how that's gonna work.

What is this?

Weather you are clinching or not you are swapping fluids in a fight, clinching doesn't make a difference.
The Sports Authority of Thailand, basically the national athletic commission has banned clinching in Muay Thai to "stop the spread of Covid." They call it the "New Normal" rule but it's only supposed to be temporary. It's an idiotic rule and we can't do anything about it. Some refs follow the rule super closely and break the clinch immediately, most just let it go on for like 5 seconds.
Edit: Since this event is under their jurisdiction, I think ONE have to follow the rule for MT.

The Sports Authority of Thailand, basically the national athletic commission has banned clinching in Muay Thai to "stop the spread of Covid." They call it the "New Normal" rule but it's only supposed to be temporary. It's an idiotic rule and we can't do anything about it. Some refs follow the rule super closely and break the clinch immediately, most just let it go on for like 5 seconds.
Edit: Since this event is under their jurisdiction, I think ONE have to follow the rule for MT.
Interesting I wasn't aware that they did that. Pretty dumb tho. You can punch someone in the mouth then bring the glove back up to your face but you cant clinch? If you have it your going to spread it without clinching.

Interesting I wasn't aware that they did that. Pretty dumb tho. You can punch someone in the mouth then bring the glove back up to your face but you cant clinch? If you have it your going to spread it without clinching.

You can also clinch up for about 2 seconds before the referee stop it, you can even be thrown to the floor where people have been sweating, bleeding and dropping saliva :D

You can also clinch up for about 2 seconds before the referee stop it, you can even be thrown to the floor where people have been sweating, bleeding and dropping saliva :D
Completely devoid of logic. Wow.

I can imagine Thai politicians discussing how to resume Thai Boxing:

-Politician A: We need to open now!
-B: Yes, but with masks and special protections
-A: That's crazy, people can't fight with that
-B: My boss told me we have to take some measures in order to reopen, so something has to be different.
-A But that's stupid. Let's find a middle groung.
-B: Ok, ok.... You can open again but..... Let me think..... No clinching!!
-A: ..... fuck it, whatever. Just let us open right away.

I don't think it's as stupid as you guys make it out to be. One of my flatmates tested positive for COVID-19 but everyone else in the flat tested negative despite living together. I don't think just punching someone in the mouth necessarily will transmit the virus at a high rate, but extensive cliching where the faces are extremely close to each other might.

Keep in mind the reproduction rate per individual is not extremely high, it's the exponential growth at group level that is high. Just lowering the chance of transmission slightly can make a big difference in regards to how many people end up catching the virus.

Now i can't know for sure how much of a difference the no clinch rule will do but if there are going to be fights, i consider it better to have that rule than not to have it.

Last edited:
I don't think it's as stupid as you guys make it out to be. One of my flatmates tested positive for COVID-19 but everyone else in the flat tested negative despite living together. I don't think just punching someone in the mouth necessarily will transmit the virus at a high rate, but extensive cliching where the faces are extremely close to each other might be.

Keep in mind the reproduction rate per individual is not extremely high, it's the exponential growth at group level that is high. Just lowering the chance of transmission slightly can make a big difference in regards to how many people end up catching the virus.

Now i can't know for sure how much of a difference the no clinch rule will do but if there are going to be fights, i consider it better to have that rule than not to have it.
Yes, but fighters clinch up all the time despite the rule. Most refs let it go for at least 3 seconds. The rule states that fighters can clinch for 1 or 2 seconds before it is broken up. So, it really doesn't make a difference.
Arm-fighting distance clinching - from what I've seen - is allowed. They literally allow face to face clinching. While clinching, at closed distance, the fighter's chin usually rests on the opponent's shoulder to defend from getting their face pushed away or getting elbowed among other things.

The rule really makes 0 sense.

Back