Who would've thought Brendan Schaub would be this big (Future C List Star?)

He is an affable guy, seems to genuinely enjoy what he's doing, is clearly a fan of MMA and has knowledge considering he fought legit competition in the biggest mma organization in the world. I see no reason to shit on the guy. I've listened to some of his podcasts with Callen and his stuff with Rogan and it can be entertaining.

Him doing standup is kind of bizarre to me though. He seems far more suited to the conversational nature of a podcast with his buddies than standing up in front of a crowd and doing material.

No he doesn't he just has connections. He is not good looking he looks like joe camel, doesn't have a stand out pesonality, no charisma or charm. Just because someone gets a lot of work doesn't mean they have charisma he has no charisma dude sounds like a meat head with a sloppy tongue and doesn't have any wit. he just knows how to kiss ass, and has an agent who gets him good connects. In Hollywood its not what you know its who you know.
Tell us all about how easy it is!!!

and what do you do?

Tell us all about how easy it is!!!

and what do you do?
Lame. I used to work in hollywood, I been in theater all my life and seen way more talented actors never get a braek and no im not a hater, I dont hate the guy Ive given him props but do I have to lie and say oh he is so talented that's why he got there?

come on some of you guys are too sensitive.

The guy is not handsome, he doesnt have charisma, he doesnt have good diction either.

He got there because he was able to butt kiss, Rogan and Callen helped him out big time, they hooked him up with an agent. People put him on because of his connections.

In hollywood its very hard to get there off talent, so I dont know where you said if its so easy its not its hard as fuck, thats why you need to have connections, its not what you know its who you know.

Even Joey Diaz said if this were 10 to 15 years ago no way would a guy like Brendan Shaub make it in comedy they would kick him out of the comedy store.

Dont understand how his mma show is so popular, its beyond mind boggling when way better shows like morning kombat are not nearly as popular

i think because he's more relatable to the majority of casuals plus his stupidity endears him to the casuals.

Schaub sells tickets due to his following, he normally does the big slots with guys he's friends with who would have a similar following.

You think Rogan and Callen should boot out Schaub to make room for your buddies they don't know? A lot of headliners give their buddies slots.

if your trying to educate me on the nepotism of show business it’s not the point. I understand that if you have powerful friends than sure why not benefit from them.
I’m saying the comedians who work twice as hard as an guy like Schaub are getting bypassed by this unfunny schmuck. And that in itself is unfair, it’s like the UFC pushing fighters who don’t deserve big fights over guys with long winning streaks.
And again from what I’ve heard personally, not gonna name names, but there is a general consensus among well known popular comedians, some of which are friends with rogan, that Schaub is a talentless hack and not liked in the comedy circles.
I’m not chiding him for taking the opportunities given. Just responding to the previous poster about good reasons to dislike the guy.

I will never understand the hate he gets. He became a TUF finalist after ONE YEAR in MMA and then fought his entire career in the UFC in the top 15. He then retired at the perfect time and now has 3 successful podcasts and a very successful stand-up career. I actually went to one of his shows with very low expectations and I laughed my ass off.

The hate must come from all you sherdoggers with cheeto fingers that haven't done anything with your lives.
Hes just a turd
A Big Brown turd

He seems like a very relatable guy. That’s why he’s likable.

He is actually not a bad bloke . He is funny on TKATS with Theo Von.

I think he lets himself down sometimes with his contradictions and can kinda be a bit shitty to Callen on TFATK.

I think he would actually be more successful (not that he isn't already ) if he actually just stuck to his convictions and didn't contradict people as much.

But sure look nobody is perfect and everyone has their imperfections , it's just Schaubs are there on tape for everyone to see . I think he is probably most like guys in that he likes food , women and sport and he can be a bit of a dick sometimes . But for most dicks they can get away with it, but everything he says is recorded .

So if I was to give him some advice it would just to be honest with everything you say and don't say shit just to please certain people at certain times. Just say what you really think and stick to it . And don't be shitty to the people who love you.

But he is the one driving a purple Porsche worth diddy bread and i'm driving a 2009 family wagon so WTF do i know

tenor.gif

I will never understand the hate he gets. He became a TUF finalist after ONE YEAR in MMA and then fought his entire career in the UFC in the top 15. He then retired at the perfect time and now has 3 successful podcasts and a very successful stand-up career. I actually went to one of his shows with very low expectations and I laughed my ass off.

The hate must come from all you sherdoggers with cheeto fingers that haven't done anything with your lives.
How the fuck do YOU eat Cheetos without it getting on your fingers, Mr. high and mighty?

I know people who are unfunny cunts who have less money than me. I know unfunny cunts who have more money.

Either way, they are still unfunny cunts.

Yes. And so far noone has gave a half decent opinion on why they hate him.

They've heard him talk, seen him fight, or listened to his stand up. That's a half decent opinion right there.

Have you watched his stand up special? The first half is pretty bad, but once he starts talking about his time in the UFC, it gets pretty good.

Most comedians take way, way longer to develop. I'm not exactly a fan, but he's got drive and work ethic. Seems shitty to hate on him.

I agree. I even laughed out loud at that Taekwondo bit. Why all the lies in his UFC story though? It's more than a stretch, he actually lied plenty of times.
No I won't point them all out I'm not THAT invested.

Not a big fan but I cant knock the hustle.

Who would have thought the young kid from Colorado would become one of the best fighters and funniest comedians in the world. He's only getting more and more famous I could see him being a movie star like the Rock and being in a lot of movies.View attachment 707445 View attachment 707447
View attachment 707449
lol nice try Brendan

I'm sure he will get a part in a movie. He won't be like the rock though because his physique pretty meh for a heavyweight sized guy.

He's interesting though, generally comes off as retarded but occasionally has a savant type nugget of wisdom in his hot takes I don't hear anyone else making.

Back