Who would you say are the main 5 fighters who have declined since USADA?

I think we should worry more about 38-40 year olds that Are still competitive in the top 20, or HWs or LHWs that go full speed for 5 rds...
But your question is interesting.

When it was announced in february 2015 that the UFC partnered with USADA, we had some very strong champions. Very few saw them losing in the near future, And they looked nearly unbeatable. Then USADA came:

Champions_January_December.0.jpg

Ironically one of the only 2 champions still champ at the end of the year is the only one on that list of champions who actually has been caught by USADA in Dillashaw.

EDIT. Apart from Jones.

It's kinda hard to argue. I think Condit's head was gone after the Lawler fighter. Then his knee forever.

GSP.
Barao.
Weidman.
Hendricks.
Cain.

Now. I know there's gonna be some blowback/ for mentioning Cain and GSP. But it is what it is .. I'm not necessarily saying they juiced.

Just saying. One literally quit. One was done.

It's kinda hard to argue. I think Condit's head was gone after the Lawler fighter. Then his knee forever.

GSP.
Barao.
Weidman.
Hendricks.
Cain.

Now. I know there's gonna be some blowback/ for mentioning Cain and GSP. But it is what it is .. I'm not necessarily saying they juiced.

Just saying. One literally quit. One was done.

I can understand why people would say GSP. In my opinion though he took 5 years off, enrolled back in USADA and never flagged for anything, unlike Brock. I don't believe he was ever going to have a full run again that would go on for years and years.

I think Condit was a bad choice. He's battle worn after 43 fights and I think he lost motivation after getting so close to the Title so many times and coming up short. Plus, takedown defense is his weakness and the majority of his losses were on the ground.

Not getting the Lawler decision took Condits soul imo

I think Condit was a bad choice. He's battle worn after 43 fights and I think he lost motivation after getting so close to the Title so many times and coming up short. Plus, takedown defense is his weakness and the majority of his losses were on the ground.

Yeah I felt guilty including him, he is 0-5 in the USADA era though. He doesn't even look a shell of his former self watching him fight though it's kinda depressing. I could be wrong completely, i'm happy to be on this occasion.

Cain Velasquez
Johny Hendricks
Alexander Gustafsson
Travis Browne
BJ Penn

If not for Weidman and Johnny falling off a cliff I'd have him #1.

I think Hendo might be a honorable mention

I don’t understand the thought process of Dan. He was over 40 when USADA was implemented. He was still KO’ing dudes left-right and centre and almost won the strap in his last fight.

I don’t understand the thought process of Dan. He was over 40 when USADA was implemented. He was still KO’ing dudes left-right and centre and almost won the strap in his last fight.

I think any fighter on TRT people assume they were on steroids. Reality of it is that TRT was permitted and fighters just took advantage of it.

Bigfoot actually legitimately needs TRT so it's unfair to put him on this list. Also LOL @ Condit, the guy was in an insane amount of wars and suffered some brutal injuries... what a joke.

I can understand why people would say GSP. In my opinion though he took 5 years off, enrolled back in USADA and never flagged for anything, unlike Brock. I don't believe he was ever going to have a full run again that would go on for years and years.

The thing with that is. .... No residuals. He cycles off out of view. Takes tests every 25 minutes and bodyhacks himself until he has nothing traceable. It's not beyond the realms of possibility. You know that GSP goes mad scientist when you see him on Joe Rogan. This man knows how to cheat. What we are left with is, would he?...

None of us know him that well.

As for Cain. He really hasn't been able to even get out of the blocks since 2015.... When the USADA testing became a partnership

Bigfoot actually legitimately needs TRT so it's unfair to put him on this list. Also LOL @ Condit, the guy was in an insane amount of wars and suffered some brutal injuries... what a joke.

Well, he did blew it by taking too big of a dose though. He most probably didn't need the boldenone too.

Why? Because he trains at one of the most notorious cheater camps with the most access to Peds? Including a cage to hide and female fighters with 3 inch clits?
How do they know this about the clits?

He wasn't getting KO'd which would make a bit more sense after the wars he was in, he was losing decisions to Neil Magny. Also a loyal member of a pretty questionable gym. It's not that absurd.

The thing with that is. .... No residuals. He cycles off out of view. Takes tests every 25 minutes and bodyhacks himself until he has nothing traceable. It's not beyond the realms of possibility. You know that GSP goes mad scientist when you see him on Joe Rogan. This man knows how to cheat. What we are left with is, would he?...

None of us know him that well.

As for Cain. He really hasn't been able to even get out of the blocks since 2015.... When the USADA testing became a partnership

I would agree with Cain, but ninja Cain against Travis Browne makes me think different haha.

look at conor now

cant make weight

getting dropped by wrestlers

Big Foot, Vitor and Hendo were TRT users, which was banned by NSAC, not USADA.

{<diva}

I would agree with Cain, but ninja Cain against Travis Browne makes me think different haha.

Dunno, this fight kinda fits too - he wasn't really the same Cain, he was mostly throwing single, cautions shots instead.

Not sure if it's enough to accuse him of particularly heavy roiding though, he might have realized that he just can't fight like in his old fight anymore, his body has been already breaking down,

Ironically one of the only 2 champions still champ at the end of the year is the only one on that list of champions who actually has been caught by USADA in Dillashaw.

EDIT. Apart from Jones.
Yes, so it seems the other guys went cold turkey (or at least used smaller doses) right after the partnership, while Dillashaw and Jones didn't mind it, and thought they had good enough masking solutions.

I also think USADAS report on the most tested athletes are interesting. When they re-test guys over and over, they must have found something, but it will not stick. Especially when they take samples from some of the same guys again and again both in 2018 and 19.

I'm into lists, so here is one more:) I am not so surprised with any of them.

2018:
Yoel Romero 17
Daniel Cormier 16
Paulo Costa 16
Donald Cerrone 13
Hector Lombard 12
Amanda Nunes 12
Stipe Miocic 11
Thiago Santos 11
Rashad Evans 11
Jon Jones 10
Chris Cyborg 10