Who would you say are the main 5 fighters who have declined since USADA?

sampuncher

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
I know that doping is probably more common in the sport than we all really know about. I know USADA has cleaned up the sport to a good extent, obviously there's still guys slipping through the net out there.

My question is, since USADA who would you say have been the biggest "victims" of USADA?

1. Renan Barao. Only like 5 years ago he was deemed the P4P fighter in the world. He's now 1-6 in his last 7 with one of his UFC losses to someone without a wikipedia page. I don't think just the TJ fight is the reason he hasn't had a victory in years.

2. Chris Weidman. Former MW champ. Beat the GOAT twice. Now 1-4 in his last fights. I know like Barao he's actually faced top quality fighters but lets not forget when he fought Vitor and the attention was all on TRT Vitor, didn't Weidman have abnormally high testosterone levels aswell?

3. Johnny Hendricks. Debatably beat one of the GOATS, had wars with Robbie and was KO'ing guys left right and centre. Now he's getting KO'd in bare knuckle fighting on the amateur circuit.

4. Bigfoot Silva. Previously got caught before USADA. Now he's won one fight since the Overeem fight in 2013. Not much more of an explanation I need to give on this one really.

5. Carlos Condit. I know this isn't going to be a popular choice, I feel guilty including him myself as he's one of my favourite fighters to watch but he's lost 5 in a row. While some of that could be attributed to the war with Robbie Lawler and 3 of the losses are via submission which was never Condit's greatest area. Watching him fight he doesn't seem to look anything remotely to the fighter we saw before. If not Condit then let's just go Hector Lombard because we know he's a cheat.

Open to other suggestions, would like to have a discussion with others about who else they think has declined the most and if it's down to USADA or if it's just a case of fighters declining in age.

With USADA also came the ban on IV use for rehydrating after weight cutting which really hurt some of the guys like Weidman who were cutting a lot of weight.

Hendricks
Weidman
Vitor
Big Foot
Condit

Jon Jones
Anderson Silva

With USADA also came the ban on IV use for rehydrating after weight cutting which really hurt some of the guys like Weidman who were cutting a lot of weight.
This is what i believe hurt Barao more than anything

I didn't even include Vitor, he was clearly too obvious I just went right past him.
If not for Weidman and Johnny falling off a cliff I'd have him #1.

I think Hendo might be a honorable mention

Barao's slide started over a year before USADA came along, when he got waxed by TJ and then had that horrible performance against journeyman Gagnon

Even as far back as 2013 he was looking ordinary against Wineland until he caught Eddie

Barao's body was fucked from those harsh weight cuts before the new testing regime even began

Dude is Aldo's size for fuck's sake and yet made that horrendous cut to 135 over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over ... it may say he's only 32 on his passport but his internal organs are 78 years old

Aldo-amp-Barao-1.jpg

Last edited:
Hendricks
Jds
Pettis
Vitor
Weidman

Some interesting choices for sure. I don't think JDS was but I think other fighters just came about more well rounded than him.

Pettis is an interesting one for sure!

Some interesting choices for sure. I don't think JDS was but I think other fighters just came about more well rounded than him.

Cain took years off JDS's life too, he was never the same after those wars

Hendricks for sure
Weidman has injuries but his gas tank is suspect.
Vitor had to get off TRT like 6 months to 1 year prior to USADA being implemented.
Cain took JDS's soul
Big Foot had a legitimate condition
Not sure how I feel about Carlos

Pettis is an interesting one for sure!
JDS pissed hot and declined quickly..... but the Cain beatings certainly played a role as well .....just a hunch

I would say GSP. The dude has retired twice already.

I think we should worry more about 38-40 year olds that Are still competitive in the top 20, or HWs or LHWs that go full speed for 5 rds...
But your question is interesting.

When it was announced in february 2015 that the UFC partnered with USADA, we had some very strong champions. Very few saw them losing in the near future, And they looked nearly unbeatable. Then USADA came:

Champions_January_December.0.jpg

You're probably trolling, but Anderson is old, and Jones finished Gus and knocked out DC after USADA, so ...
Right, and Jones popped and pulsed for dc and gus respectively.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back