Who would you like to see step in when Dana no longer runs the UFC? (Genuine conversation please) :)

Sakakibara

Not a realistic answer but I feel like the entire sport needs a hard reset right now. Sakakibara would probably provide that in success or failure.

I honestly don't know much about him other than he was a Japanese MMA promoter or something along those lines?

chael-sonnen.jpg

Chael has a history of running businesses into the ground with illegal activities and was also fired from celebrity apprentice. He'd be an awful choice. There's more to Dana's job than just talking to the media.

I honestly don't know much about him other than he was a Japanese MMA promoter or something along those lines?

He ran Pride and made it the number one MMA org in the world until Yakuza ties fucked up Pride's TV and advertising deals. Now he runs Rizin, which is a much lesser version of Pride.

Guy Mezger.
Has fight experience, commentary experience, and ran HDNet Fights, which was basically it's own promotion, even though they promoted events held by other organizations. But everything he didn't do there would have been handled by someone else anyway. Also, he has a win over Tito. That's important to Dana, so Dana would pass the torch.

In all seriousness, HDNet/AXS televised almost 500 fight cards. He's got the experience and the background.

This.

Chael is a fan of the sport and knows more about promotion than anybody else.
no.
he knows about self promotion but i don't think he's the right guy to run a promotion.
he's not too smart on the bigger picture stuff

DC or Bisping are the two leading candidates.

Both getting strong media experience with the UFC, both will be Hall of Famers, and both have the big personalities to sell the fights.

The business side will still be run behind the scenes, just like it always was with Lorenzo.

DC or Bisping are the two leading candidates.

Both getting strong media experience with the UFC, both will be Hall of Famers, and both have the big personalities to sell the fights.

The business side will still be run behind the scenes, just like it always was with Lorenzo.

I do really like the idea of Bisping :)

So do I.. he's better than DC at banter and can troll as good as Sonnen. Would also have no problem telling agents where to go.

Yeah, imagine him at the press conferences where the media ask him questions he'd be awesome lol

I dont care.

Just like I dont care who manages restaurants I like to eat at or bars where I like to drink. It means nothing to me.

I dont care.

Just like I dont care who manages restaurants I like to eat at or bars where I like to drink. It means nothing to me.

So would you go to the same restaurant you loved if a new management took over and the food was shit?

Would you not care if this new management ruined the quality of the product your favourite restaurant delivered?

No one. I wouldn’t want there to be a president in such a way anymore. Matchmakers or personal promoters should do the face offs and all that shit. while the new Dana just sits back and talks numbers.
But if there has to be a new Dana, it’ll sound stupid but they should give it to Joe Rogan, the guy sucks as a commentator but can do Dana’s job no problem

No one. I wouldn’t want there to be a president in such a way anymore. Matchmakers or personal promoters should do the face offs and all that shit. while the new Dana just sits back and talks numbers.
But if there has to be a new Dana, it’ll sound stupid but they should give it to Joe Rogan, the guy sucks as a commentator but can do Dana’s job no problem

You're not the first person to say Rogan and besides it's not silly is the reasons are valid to you dude so it's all good :)

Lmao at all those ppl that think Chael Sonnen could actually lead or represent a multi billion dollar buisness.

Back