Who would you like to see step in when Dana no longer runs the UFC? (Genuine conversation please) :)

Before we start this is NOT a thread about whether you like/dislike Dana, how good he is at his job etc. but more so in regards to who steps in when Dana is no longer running the UFC that you feel would do a great job.

It's easy to say a lot of people won't miss Dana when he's no longer running the UFC (which may be the case) but if someone is not doing a great job you can guarantee hindsight could be different unless of course we get someone amazing who can do this but that will be something we'd have to see.

Though is there anyone you would love to see run the UFC once Dana White is no longer doing the job?

Genuine conversation please without any of the hate emotion some may have as I know it's hard sometimes to have these conversations without shitty comments or replies and try think on it from a realistic point of view.

Thanking you kindly, I look forward to hearing from some of you :)
Rich Franklin....but if you need to continue the greedy, manipulate, lying, dominating fake tough guy stuff then Rich wouldn't be your guy.

Ah, thought it would have been an iPhone.

I won't go off topic too much but iPhone's are awful, I suppose it is all subjective but I had iPhone's for quite a while and was adamant to stay with them (simply because I was so used to them) but I had nothing but trouble with them alongside the fact they restrict everything and force people to use their products only such as leads and headphones etc.. which always break and when you do use other leads (even Belken approved) they still can sometimes give the whole "Use an iPhone lead" or whatever the message is that would display lol

I went to a Samsung Galaxy after and noticed the difference massively, easy to put music and files on, could use various headphones, leads etc.. easier, just so much difference I could tell straight away however after that I bought a OnePlus phone which are a million times better than them all (the battery lasts a couple of days too even now after having it a year or so), it's basically like the iPhone but without the name and half the price and performs way, way better (it's really fast too), the only thing it doesn't have is the wireless charging (I believe that really hikes up the price when they include this due to manufacturing costs) however watch any video's on Youtube "OnePlus vs iPhone" and you will see exactly what I mean (search "OnePlus 6 vs iPhone X" as there's more with these being out longer) but they blow Apple out of the water big time, they are pretty much iPhone but half the price and twice as good without the restrictions either.

I had the same issue with iPhone and the battery thing too and when I called Apple they tried to charge me and blame me over a battery issue which we knew at the time there was a glitch in their updated OS at the time (it was trending everywhere) and then even though I bought the handset myself they said "If there's scratches on the phone too we might have to take an extra £200 out of your account" and it's like "What, it's my phone and I've paid for it so it can have as many scratches as it likes" (even though it didn't because I genuinely look after my things a lot but that's not the point) lol

When I got the OnePlus 6 it was the best thing I ever did, I've had a lot of phones and I guarantee after even over a year of having this it's still easily by far the best and still running fast with good battery life and no issue's either, the only down side about buying a OnePlus is you have to buy them out right so you can't get them on contract or whatever to pay over time though I guarantee if you could everyone would be on them by now, look them up, honestly :)

However I'll get back on topic now haha :)

Ah yes....convicted felon, white collar criminal, and habitual liar + PED abuser Chael Sonnen is the obvious #1 choice for such an important position.
Chael must have dated your girl

dude is the GOAT

Brian Stann, incredibly knowledge about the sport, currently getting experience in an important position running a company, respected by just about everyone, media savvy, clearly spoken etc etc.

I think the best realistic choice is DC. He’s intelligent, well spoken and has been hyping fights as an analyst for the past few years. He may be too straight cut for the job but I think he would be the best choice. Chael P. as runner up.

It largely depends on what direction you want the company to go in terms of promotion. If you want to head the WWE route, I don’t have any suggestions. If you want to continue along the current path, and perhaps more toward legitimate sport, I like Shannon Knapp. She does good things with Invicta on a small fraction of the budget, and used to work behind the scenes in the UFC.

Don Frye,

Ali wouldn't like renegotiating with him

tumblr_lw8zqeiKI81qezl5y.gif

Don’t put a smiley face immediately after requesting genuine replies

Dana white doesn’t just run the ufc, he’s probably the most recognized face within the ufc world wide. When he appears on a news or sports show, he’s promoting the ufc and people buy it. It’s not just about running a company but also playing ringmaster of a circus. Not many others can pull it off.

I think the best realistic choice is DC. He’s intelligent, well spoken and has been hyping fights as an analyst for the past few years. He may be too straight cut for the job but I think he would be the best choice. Chael P. as runner up.

DC I can understand and don't think it's a bad choice, it makes sense where people are coming from but I do feel I'd have to warm to DC to be honest in regards to the idea, I'm sure I would and I don't have anything against DC either but I do feel from the suggestions made so far Chael and Bisping have appealed to me big time.

Bisping I can see people writing off easy but when you think about it he is very passionate about the UFC and when he's in roles he works with the role he's in, such as his recent roles in the company where the majority of people like and enjoy him doing so he adapts, he's so much more likeable to people now than he was as a fighter and with his passion combined, I think he would do a great job.

Dana white doesn’t just run the ufc, he’s probably the most recognized face within the ufc world wide. When he appears on a news or sports show, he’s promoting the ufc and people buy it. It’s not just about running a company but also playing ringmaster of a circus. Not many others can pull it off.

Thats a valid point to be honest but what would we do if he stepped down tomorrow? Who would take his place?

Promotion or self-promotion?
Promotion in general.
He did a good piece on fighters who feel they are underpromoted and he usually takes the promoters side.

Also he already promotes some minor grappling events.

Yeah I didn't know Frankie but he sounds like he was a lovely wonderful guy :(

He was.

I would like to see someone professional run the company. This probably means outside talent, with someone very knowledgable with respect to MMA as a second/VP such as Rich Franklin. I have no real suggestions for the top spot, but a senior executive from another sports league that can bring professionalism to the UFC is what is needed, IMO.

Back