Who would you like to see step in when Dana no longer runs the UFC? (Genuine conversation please) :)

Dana has been asleep at the wheel and had a hand up his ass since the buy-out.

He gets excited every now and then, and its nice

We wont get another guy as charismatic and fun, and the next guy will be a full puppet for the powers above.

So I got mixed feels.

I disagree with everything you said about Chael. He is an opportunist, and only looking out for himself 100% of the time, as far as running the company goes .... he's so full of bullshit and only focusing on the "drama" aspect that it would literally ruin everything. The UFC would turn into some sort of shitshow WWE spinoff faster than it already is. Not to mention he's one of the most prolific PED cheats to ever compete in the UFC ... what kind of message does that send?

That sounds more like your dislike for Chael speaking if I'm honest than it does his knowledge and passion he has, you cannot say he is an opportunist who would be only looking out for himself 100% of the time or that he would be focusing on drama if he was to be running the company, you have no proof he would do this in that positions as it's a totally different spot and the chances are he would want to run and put on a great show and product, like him or not he is very passionate about MMA and he knows his shit, you can't say he doesn't because he does.

The PED thing well as long as he's not competing doing this or letting his athletes do this (which he wouldn't be able to anyway) then that shit stays in the past, if you feel that though this is fair enough however who do you feel would be better than Chael? :)

I'm open to listen of course and take on board, Chael is the one that clicked with me straight away in this conversation so far and I agree with that choice, the good outweighs the bad for me easily and he is a great choice in my opinion.

Dana has been asleep at the wheel and had a hand up his ass since the buy-out.

He gets excited every now and then, and its nice

We wont get another guy as charismatic and fun, and the next guy will be a full puppet for the powers above.

So I got mixed feels.

Yeah, one thing I will say with Dana is he does have the passion, he gets too much stick sometimes but so does any boss who's running a company, Vince McMahon get the same shit from his fans and he's actually done a lot for them which have been very favourable (one being cutting out the PPV model for them).

Is there anyone you have in mind though who you would like to see? If Dana stepped down tomorrow we'd need someone wouldn't we so it is quite hard I know :)

chael-sonnen.jpg
First actually good response, has the character that fits the UFC, knows the sport inside out, is the only guy that works on Bellator and UFC broadcasts...and he doesnt even work for the UFC.

First actually good response, has the character that fits the UFC, knows the sport inside out, is the only guy that works on Bellator and UFC broadcasts...and he doesnt even work for the UFC.

Yep, 100% and I think he'd do a great job, he's very passionate about it also which is a huge bonus and what we need.

Is there anyone you have in mind though who you would like to see? If Dana stepped down tomorrow we'd need someone wouldn't we so it is quite hard I know :)

It's hard to say. I really dont know the job...

I like Tom Wright. He was the head guy of UFC Canada before they did lay offs. He was important in getting MMA in Ontario/Canada.

But he's boring as hell. Example:

As a viewer, I think I might be most happy with a snake oil type salesman. lol

Daniel Cormier, easily. I reckon the UFC are already training him to do similar things as Dana. They're just waiting for him to retire.

It's hard to say. I really dont know the job...

I like Tom Wright. He was president of UFC Canada before they did lay offs. He was important in getting MMA in Ontario/Canada.

But he's boring as hell. Example:

As a viewer, I think I might be most happy with a snake oil type salesman. lol

Yeah, I get what you mean, it is difficult isn't it because for all we know he could step down tomorrow and we'd be stuck then, I don't really know much about Tom Wright but I do feel we need someone passionate about the UFC for sure :)

Daniel Cormier, easily. I reckon the UFC are already training him to do similar things as Dana. They're just waiting for him to retire.

You think? Hmmm, initially it does make me think "No" but like I say it's easy for us to dismiss people's suggestions without actually taking them on board and I can see where you might have a point with this.

He does have the passion I guess, he wouldn't be my first choice by any means or would he be at the top for me at all but I could probably warm to him in the role for sure and wouldn't rule him out, I just don't overly think he would be a great choice as such if you get what I mean :)

Bisping or Brock Lesnar.

Bisping I could imagine actually, that's not a bad choice (again, initially it's easy for people to say no but when you think about it genuinely), Brock though, definitely not for me.

Can you kindly elaborate in regards to why you chose these? :)

Bisping or Brock Lesnar.

Thinking about it more, I'm actually warming to the Bisping idea also :)

I'm kinda torn between Bisping and Chael now, I do like the idea of Bisping for sure :)

Edit: Yeah I do, I like the Bisping idea!

Did you charge your phone? lol.
A few updates ago my phone lost the ability to charge itself to 100%. Max is 85 now and as soon as I begin using it it races down to 1% and then continues to work for the next 12-15 hours on 1%. So no, I have not..
8D8AB489-B773-4389-BD1F-40EC008C7919.png

To be honest i don't know.

the person must be knowledgeable with how mma works behind curtains and savvy enough to promote and work with fighters. Dana is a greedy, exploiter scumbag but he knows his stuff.

I won't make this a Dana-bashing comment, so I'll just say that whoever it is, I hope they care more about proper match-making and promotion of the best fighters rather than hyping side-shows and getting into Twitter wars with champs.

Basically, anyone who is willing to put their head down and do the work properly instead of being focused on hyping his own brand would be a welcome change.

A few updates ago my phone lost the ability to charge itself to 100%. Max is 85 now and as soon as I begin using it it races down to 1% and then continues to work for the next 12-15 hours on 1%. So no, I have not..
View attachment 664601

What phone do you have? :)

I won't make this a Dana-bashing comment, so I'll just say that whoever it is, I hope they care more about proper match-making and promotion of the best fighters rather than hyping side-shows and getting into Twitter wars with champs.

Basically, anyone who is willing to put their head down and do the work properly instead of being focused on hyping his own brand would be a welcome change.

Yeah, I do feel that passion for the job and for the UFC (MMA in general) is really important.

I do like the idea of Bisping and Chael so far from what people have mentioned as I feel they would bring this.

Of course, whoever is doing the job they have a team round them also to support them, Dana has that too but I do feel what you said there about getting their head down and working towards it for sure.

To be honest i don't know.

the person must be knowledgeable with how mma works behind curtains and savvy enough to promote and work with fighters. Dana is a greedy, exploiter scumbag but he knows his stuff.

Yeah, I feel this is really important (the knowledge) alongside the passion too, hence why I say the Bisping and Chael suggestions really appeal to me, I think they'd be great and genuine in regards to the passion for it also, I reckon they'd do a good job :)

What phone do you have? :)

Yeah, I do feel that passion for the job and for the UFC (MMA in general) is really important.

I do like the idea of Bisping and Chael so far from what people have mentioned as I feel they would bring this.

Of course, whoever is doing the job they have a team round them also to support them, Dana has that too but I do feel what you said there about getting their head down and working towards it for sure.
Iphone 8

Back