Who would you like to see step in when Dana no longer runs the UFC? (Genuine conversation please) :)

Shane McMahon is a good dude, the only thing is does he know enough about MMA as I do feel that would be important (I have no idea so won't pre-judge that)

He's actually very knowledgeable about MMA and I think he'd even talked about going that route if he wasnt a McMahon. I'm pretty sure he's talked about starting an MMA org at one point and he certainly has the business background and connections to make it work. Like I said, there are drawbacks too, but he's not out of the realm of decent choices to head the UFC.

I dont really follow pro wrestling so I'm not 100% certain, but over the decades his name has come up in the MMA discussions of him being for it and wanting it to grow.

chael-sonnen.jpg
I agree and I said it a while back as well.

I hope Serra or Chael get Dana’s job when he retires.

He's actually very knowledgeable about MMA and I think he'd even talked about going that route if he wasnt a McMahon. I'm pretty sure he's talked about starting an MMA org at one point and he certainly has the business background and connections to make it work. Like I said, there are drawbacks too, but he's not out of the realm of decent choices to head the UFC.

I dont really follow pro wrestling so I'm not 100% certain, but over the decades his name has come up in the MMA discussions of him being for it and wanting it to grow.

Yeah, I don't follow pro wrestling either though I did at one point and I've spent a lot of time with a lot of the legends though I know Shane is very well liked.

This what I mean, if he is a big fan of MMA and has the passion too as opposed just being a good business man then I wouldn't rule it out because I do feel that's important, as long as he's knowledgeable too and listens to the fans (of course you can't please them all) but these are the things I feel would be important :)

I agree and I said it a while back as well.

Yeah, it's a really great choice.

That's what I mean it's not something I've really thought about before until now and soon as Chael was mentioned I was like "Yeah", so far he'd be my choice for definite.

Yeah, it's a really great choice.

That's what I mean it's not something I've really thought about before until now and soon as Chael was mentioned I was like "Yeah", so far he'd be my choice for definite.
Yeah. I posted that in one of FRANKIENYC’s theads over a year ago and we went back and forth about it. I miss the discussions we had, both public and private.
1D77CDCF-20AC-4902-8F78-8FA64741B61A.png

Forest Griffin should run the UFC, run Forest....run..

They should hire an outside guy, someone with legitimate credentials in running a company and putting on high production value shows...not some fucking dork that used to fight and will make it all about themselves (Chael).

Yeah I didn't know Frankie but he sounds like he was a lovely wonderful guy :(
You can look up his old threads, he usually had good content having to due with the ppv numbers and the tv deals that were going on and that sort of thing.

They should hire an outside guy, someone with legitimate credentials in running a company and putting on high production value shows...not some fucking dork that used to fight and will make it all about themselves (Chael).

This is the thing, a balance of that would be ideal because as much as I disagree with your Chael sentiments the credentials in running a company and putting on high value shows I agree with you is also important.

It probably would be good if it was some sort of two man team where one could concentrate on the UFC, fights to make, has passion for the UFC, the fans, knows what it's about and the fighters etc.. is really important and Chael has this to a T, as mentioned when you watch his video's whether you love or hate him you can't really say he doesn't know what he's on about and he's usually pretty spot on and brings things we didn't even know or realise into the conversation with very valid points so this is very important and he would be perfect for the job.

But someone behind the scene's also who has the legitimate credentials running a company I agree with also as it does need to be run from that perspective on a business point of view well too, the high production thing I agree to some degree but at the same time I don't want them to over produce them, I wouldn't like it to be too much like Wrestlemania if you get what I mean where it's really over the top.

The productions the UFC have at the moment are pretty spot on I reckon and balanced quite well and they probably already have a team for that aside from Dana already anyway.

You can look up his old threads, he usually had good content having to due with the ppv numbers and the tv deals that were going on and that sort of thing.

Yeah, I saw a thread here about something along these lines and a few people mentioned how they missed his insight on this :(

You morons think that Sonnen could run a billion dollar enterprise?

With what experience does he have? Aside from shitting out of his mouth and being busted for fraud.

Most of you must think all it takes is a loud mouth.

LMAO Sherdog never fucking fails.

Chanel Sonnen or Forrest Griffin

Edit: those are picks because who ever steps in will likely have a lot less actual authority and be more the “face” of management/ownership.

With what experience does he have? Aside from shitting out of his mouth and being busted for fraud.

Why don't you listen to, respect and appreciate people's comments and sentiments as opposed to talking as though you're superior and insulting other people here who are kindly adding their sentiments (which by the way is very valid to them).

Discuss dude and bring your points to the conversation and people will listen :)

Also in regards to the billion dollar enterprise thing, I'm sure there is a team already in place that work alongside Dana White from this perspective also which will come into play and be a learning curve for whoever happens to step it :)

This is the thing, a balance of that would be ideal because as much as I disagree with your Chael sentiments the credentials in running a company and putting on high value shows I agree with you is also important.

It probably would be good if it was some sort of two man team where one could concentrate on the UFC, fights to make, has passion for the UFC, the fans, knows what it's about and the fighters etc.. is really important and Chael has this to a T, as mentioned when you watch his video's whether you love or hate him you can't really say he doesn't know what he's on about and he's usually pretty spot on and brings things we didn't even know or realise into the conversation with very valid points so this is very important and he would be perfect for the job.

But someone behind the scene's also who has the legitimate credentials running a company I agree with also as it does need to be run from that perspective on a business point of view well too, the high production thing I agree to some degree but at the same time I don't want them to over produce them, I wouldn't like it to be too much like Wrestlemania if you get what I mean where it's really over the top.

The productions the UFC have at the moment are pretty spot on I reckon and balanced quite well and they probably already have a team for that aside from Dana already anyway.
I disagree with everything you said about Chael. He is an opportunist, and only looking out for himself 100% of the time, as far as running the company goes .... he's so full of bullshit and only focusing on the "drama" aspect that it would literally ruin everything. The UFC would turn into some sort of shitshow WWE spinoff faster than it already is. Not to mention he's one of the most prolific PED cheats to ever compete in the UFC ... what kind of message does that send?

No one will replace Dana. The job he has right now is like few others in any large corporation - he's PR, promotor, matchmaker, and President of the company all in one.

His job will be split many ways, and the promotional role he played will be filled by someone who has no actual power. The UFC will become a lot more corporate when he's gone. The promo person won't say any of the controversial things he says, and so will be a lot less interesting.

The person who fills the President/matchmaker roles will be completely behind the scenes. We won't even know them. They'll be a corporate suuit doing a corporate suit's job.

They will still try to have us believe that the promo person we see up front has some real power, but he won't, he'll be a glorified spokesperson.

You act like Dana was running IBM before he stepped into his position of running the UFC. He wasn’t, and yet he was extremely successful. Experience isn’t always everything.

0A4E49DB-832F-4047-AF48-04C898DE3BF3.png
425A8D80-AB9C-4B7A-B45E-64C82E9B90B3.png

Back