Who would you have picked between Adonis Stevenson and Sergey Kovalev

Depends what are you using to gauge BHop??? Is it only from his "I'm never going to lose to white boy comment?" Or is there more?

That's not the only thing "if memory serves", but I think some of it is just puffing/selling yourself as a heel, etc.
I don't know Kovalev or B-Hop, so I can't really say.
I think "racist" is used too lightly, now. I won't claim to know what's in a man's heart unless I really know him. It's a helluva smear in my book. And way overused nowadays.

That's not the only thing "if memory serves", but I think some of it is just puffing/selling yourself as a heel, etc.
I think "racist" is used too lightly, now. I won't claim to know what's in a man's heart unless I really know him. It's a helluva smear in my book. And way overused nowadays.
There are multiple levels to everything. You dont have to hate black people from the bottom of your heart to be racist. Or be so overt that you where a Klan hood and burn a cross.
You dont have to know somebody to judge them by their actions.
Continously referring to black people as monkeys is racist. Do you agree with that?

Painting Andre Ward as some ghetto thug while using the N word is racist. Do you agree with that?
The things people say to earn the "smear of racist" are usually worse than that actual label.
Even if you know you have your own unique definition of what truly is racist in your view of the world, I think it's very strange that you cant see why most others would consider those actions and the person who committed them racist.

I recently realized many young folks today have a non historical definition of the word given the way its often used, they almost speak a different language. It’s a good idea to have people define their terms while discussing topics w them. Interesting times.

I mean, he is from Russia.. and he is a white Russian. Is it really surprising? I know many people here that are racist, my parents are even racist lmao. Russian people being racist is really nothing new and is to be expected.
Truthfully all people are racist against other races unfortunately (to differing extents).

a non historical definition of the word
Where would one find that at? Sounds kind of manufactured. You should be careful using that as the criteria because I dont know if you know this but that's the exact terminology Black Nationalists and Black Supremacists use to justify the fact that blacks cant be racist. The literal and historic definition says you have to be in a position of power over a group to be racist.

The literal and historic definition says you have to be in a position of power over a group to be racist.

Wouldn't that mean that 99% of white people cannot, by definition, even be racist---given they are not in a position of power over any group white, black or other?
That's the part I don't get (in your definition above). I can see where you might cite those with economic power, but I would submit that it's likely more demographically balanced than you might think. Wealth and power. And it's tracking more towards matching the demographics constantly. From a base of the founders, who were obviously mostly white Europeans. Because this is the greatest country in the world and still the only place you can easily move from great poverty to wealth in a single lifetime through education and hard work alone. Everyone is STILL afforded that opportunity here.

Wouldn't that mean that 99% of white people cannot, by definition, even be racist---given they are not in a position of power over any group white, black or other?
That's the part I don't get (in your definition above). I can see where you might cite those with economic power, but I would submit that it's likely more demographically balanced than you might think. Wealth and power. And it's tracking more towards matching the demographics constantly. From a base of the founders, who were obviously mostly white Europeans. Because this is the greatest country in the world and still the only place you can easily move from great poverty to wealth in a single lifetime through education and hard work alone. Everyone is STILL afforded that opportunity here.
It's not my definition and I don't subscribe to it. I specifically said it was the same argument Black separatist use.
However your 99% theory does not disprove their explanation of position of power.

No, America is not the only 1st world country you can "easily" make yourself something out of nothing.... No, hard work and education won't guarantee everyone "wealth." All that stuff is subjective, vague, and relative. No way to really measure.

A few years ago I remember I wanted this fight sooooooo bad. Sad it never happened. I think Kovalev would’ve won

No, hard work and education won't guarantee everyone "wealth."

It absolutely does. 100% of the time. Without any regard for skin color. I'm not saying you'll be Bill Gates or Oprah, but you will prosper and retire in comfort. You will enjoy wealth. Frankly, it's sad that you don't know that. That's it's actually true every single time it's employed as a method of attaining success.

There are multiple levels to everything. You dont have to hate black people from the bottom of your heart to be racist. Or be so overt that you where a Klan hood and burn a cross.
Continously referring to black people as monkeys is racist. Do you agree with that?

Painting Andre Ward as some ghetto thug while using the N word is racist. Do you agree with that?
The things people say to earn the "smear of racist" are usually worse than that actual label.
Even if you know you have your own unique definition of what truly is racist in your view of the world, I think it's very strange that you cant see why most others would consider those actions and the person who committed them racist.
No one gives a fuck. Hopkins claiming No white boy could beat him is right at Kovs level and that's fine. I dont give a fuck about racism. I call every race by their racial slur

Shut up white boy

It absolutely does. 100% of the time. Without any regard for skin color. I'm not saying you'll be Bill Gates or Oprah, but you will prosper and retire in comfort. You will enjoy wealth. Frankly, it's sad that you don't know that. That's it's actually true every single time it's employed as a method of attaining success.
It's sad that you dont recognize the millions of Americans living in poverty who have an education and work hard.

No one gives a fuck. Hopkins claiming No white boy could beat him is right at Kovs level and that's fine. I dont give a fuck about racism. I call every race by their racial slur

Shut up white boy
You are trying way too hard. Edge Lord routine is cringe in the 2020.

You are trying way too hard. Edge Lord routine is cringe in the 2020.
Wearing that cornball outfit with that smirk is cringe.
What's your super power? Flying into threads where you're not needed.

Wearing that cornball outfit with that smirk is cringe.
What's your super power? Flying into threads where you're not needed.
Here fixed this for you little guy... It's funny how a lot of young men on Sherdog feel that this is their Grinder app and need to judge my picture for hotness.
I dont give a fuck about racism. I call every race by their racial slur ON THE INTERNET... because I'm tiny and would get ragdolled by any able body person of average size or bigger in real life

I disliked Kovalev as a person so I was hoping Adonis would of KO'ed him for karma. However, turns out Adonis was probably just as bad.
didn't adonis pimp women against their will?

i'm hazy on the details of the shit he's done, but it was pretty horrifying. kovalev as far as i know is a racist cunt, but that's pretty much it.

edit: just read the rest of the thread. it seems that kovalev has indeed given adonis a run for his money in the scumbag of the year competition. TIL

Fight should have happened. I'd take Kovalev peak versus peak. I think he was a better fighter than Adonis. Adonis was a good puncher but Kov was the better fighter.

Despite both fighters' dynamism, they clearly had their flaws. There are at least some indications that Kovalev's took a little longer to become pronounced (as a result of his less than Spartan training and lifestyle), so perhaps I'd favour him, prime for prime. Still, Stevenson was actually a fairly decent bodypuncher with a pretty respectable skillset and Kovalev never showed himself to be particularly durable. There's certainly enough there for it to be a genuinely interesting fight.

there's a reason Stevenson avoided him like the plague. He saw something in Kovalev which he felt he couldn't overcome

Back