Who would you have picked between Adonis Stevenson and Sergey Kovalev

Hoping for a double KO.

As TS said Kovalev’s fundamentals are solid enough against a headhunter like Stevenson IMO.

I was really hoping for this one. I think Kovalev would have taken it. As an aside, I think Kovalev got treated unfairly in the first Ward fight (and some think in the second one too) and it seemed to break him emotionally. Maybe that's a sign he was never a great champ.

Or a sign he was past his prime and fighting a great fighter in canelo. Arguably you could say he won both ward fights. The second could have been a dq win to kov and not many people wiuld have cried robbery

Adonis did much worse than Kovalev.
Not sure what you are referring to? Is it the pimping? Kovalev also has multiple instances of abusing and battering females. Some of the allegations are pretty bad and go pretty far.

Not sure what you are referring to? Is it the pimping? Kovalev also has multiple instances of abusing and battering females. Some of the allegations are pretty bad and go pretty far.

Has he been convicted of any of these charges?

If Kovalev can weather the early storm, he takes Stevenson to deep waters and drowns him on a clear points win.116-112, something like that.

Has he been convicted of any of these charges?
I dont need to use that as admission of guilt when innocent people get convictions everyday and the privileged get off just as fast.

Are you intentionally ignoring the fact that Kovalev agreed to pay $650,000 to 1 women he punched so hard that she broke her neck and had a metal plate in her neck as a result?

Then had to be sued again because he only made one payment.

OR

Did you simply not know this information?

A settlement like that surely is more of an admission of guilt than our modern criminal justice system for wealthy connected celebrities.
FYI articles from January show the felony charges are still pending. Have the chargers been dropped?

Last edited:
hmm..

Kovalev, I think. Kovalev didn't really seem to have issues taking a shot until just recently. He probably would have been able to walk Stevenson down and avoid that big power shot.

I dont need to use that as admission of guilt when innocent people get convictions everyday and the privileged get off just as fast.

Are you intentionally ignoring the fact that Kovalev agreed to pay $650,000 to 1 women he punched so hard that she broke her neck and had a metal plate in her neck as a result?

Then had to be sued again because he only made one payment.

OR

Did you simply not know this information?

A settlement like that surely is more of an admission of guilt than our modern criminal justice system for wealthy connected celebrities.
FYI articles from January show the felony charges are still pending. Have the chargers been dropped?

Do you have links? I was not aware of all these claims. If true, then yes its comparable to what Stevenson was convicted of.

Kovalev, more technically refined and close to as hard hitting

Do you have links? I was not aware of all these claims. If true, then yes its comparable to what Stevenson was convicted of.
https://syndication.bleacherreport....fully-paying-650k-assault-settlement.amp.html
That's just one. Here is another instance.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.rt.com/sport/465379-kovalev-removed-flight-kissing/amp/

I'd say he may be worse than Adonis. Besides taking advantage of and abusing/assaulting more vulnerable females (they both share that same trait) hes also a racist POS.

I can see it being a chess match with Adonis not willing to commit and pick his shots while Kovalev tries to find his range against Adonis who had an unusual long reach and being southpaw, anyway I think Kovalev would have pulled it off by decision in a lackluster.

Kovalev. His in and out movement and hard straights would wear down Stevenson. Stevenson didn't have great footwork. I know Kovalev got suspect later on, but when he was at his apex in 2014-2015 he would take this.

I was really hoping for this one. I think Kovalev would have taken it. As an aside, I think Kovalev got treated unfairly in the first Ward fight (and some think in the second one too) and it seemed to break him emotionally. Maybe that's a sign he was never a great champ.
Honestly, I think alcoholism was his demon, not Ward. Surprised he got as far as he did once I noticed that. I do think he won the first fight with Dre, tho. But I like Ward way better overall. He's a class act.

Oh and prime-for-prime I think he gets Stevenson out of there 9/10 times.

Back