Who would win? Ruiz vs Luis Ortiz

Ortiz's best days are well behind him . However Ruiz keeps eating himself out of shape

Ruiz If he doesn’t bulk up too much! Faster hands and tougher is hard for old man Ortiz to beat. Love to see it though, it would be a great fight

Best method defeat Ruiz is not attempt to KO him : AJ vs Ruiz II is good bout to watch.
boxers like Usyk most likely are able to replicate this method.
& Both pro bouts that Ruiz lost, he lost by decision.

John Ruiz is underrated. Out wrestles Ortiz and gets a UD

I think Ruiz (if he takes it seriously) would overwhelm Ortiz. Ruiz has a great chin as we've seen and he has fast hands. To beat Ruiz you need to be a mover as AJ adopted in the rematch but Oritz is slow on his feet. He'd get beaten in the exchanges and I think Ruiz would stop him.

I don’t think it goes a whole lot different than the Wilder fights. I see Ortiz having loads of success early on. I don’t think Ortiz has the durability for the high pace Ruiz can handle for 12 Rounds though. I see Ruiz losing early rounds, then turning it around late and getting a stoppage. I’m not underestimating Ruiz’s slickness and handspeed. Ortiz has showed some talent too though. Ortiz has for the most part won pretty much every round in his career that he didn’t get stopped. Ruiz by come from behind late TKO victory in a really good fight. I’d love to see it. It’d be a big win for either one of them

Ortiz hasn’t looked good against any top fighter in 5 years beyond Wilder and that’s bc he doesn’t fight them but most everyone looks good against Wilder if the fight gets out of the first 2 rnds . Against Ruiz he’s facing an actual skilled combination puncher so he won’t be winning rnds so easily if at all . I’m taking Ruiz at any weight just bc Ortiz resume is that bad and he’s a target for counter rights himself ,he’ll tire out late and drop a UD.

Back