Who would rather see DC vs. Jones than Gus?

I only want to see guys who are healthy and prepared to fight. DC is hungry but he is blind hungry. Gus is ready and focused now.

Me. For the record I had Gus winning the first fight. I just think in a rematch Jones probably over prepares out of respect and smokes him.

That's why the matchup with DC is very appealing to me. If DC threw Jones like he did Hendo I would probably faint.

Butthurt Jones fans.

EDIT: By the way, calling it now- Jones "injury" before the fight.

I would rather see the match up I haven't seen which is with Cormier. However it was pretty much a given that Jones/Gus would do it again if they each won their last fights. Do the fight and get it over with. I don't think Gus will have as much success next time they meet.

It was a close fight but Jones won the first fight. I'd rather see Jones fight someone new than fight someone he already beat.

Just like I'd rather see Cain vs. someone other than Bigfoot or JDS for the 20th times.

I for one would rather see Jones fight DC first and then Gus. Who else would rather see Jones vs. DC first?

Gus nearly won against a guy who seemed invincible. How could you not want to see Gus? ...sort of like when Chael made AS look beatable. Prior, that was never seen. Thats why Anderson vs Chael II did so well. ....its a no brainer:

Gus is who I want to see.

You have not been watching lately.

Cormier called out jones on national TV after he literally destroyed Hendo. He also said Gus had no chance at beating jones in the rematch and I am sure Jones read and saw it while Cormier wanted to be inserted into the picture.

Catch up

Cormier stated Gus had no chance and here we are with Jones and Cormier infighting again.

Jones said he would rather fight cormier because he feels cormier is indeed the tougher fight but we have Gus vs Jones rematch because the fans wanted it. Jones and Cormier have beef and its well known they dont like each other.

I always enjoy the Gus conspiracy theories though

Do you REALLY enjoy them?

Okay...

From MARCH 2014:

"First and foremost, since you're speaking more respectfully, I'll say congratulations on your victory and your weight loss,” Jones told Fox Sports’ Damon Martin. “But as far as giving you a title shot, I have no interest in fighting you right now, only because of the fact that you really haven't fought anyone that I consider a top-level fighter.”

"I'm kind of sick of seeing UFC light heavyweights fight against kind of like 'cans' until they get a title shot. I really want to see a top contender fight a top contender and I think you need to fight someone a little bit more well-known than Patrick Cummins. Fight against Rashad [Evans], fight against somebody legit, man. Then I think it would be a little more appropriate to give you that title shot."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-title-shot-jon-jones-says-hes-not-interested

-----

From SEPTEMBER 2013:

"To be honest with you, I don't think Daniel Cormier really deserves a big fight," Jones said. "I don't respect him as a person. I think fighting me would be an opportunity of a lifetime for him. I don't think I have much to gain from beating Daniel Cormier because no one knows who he is, and he hasn't really proved much."

http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/9/1...ier-doesnt-deserve-big-fights-glover-teixeira

-----

From MAY 2014: (now)

"Asking for an undefeated Olympic wrestler, strikeforce champion, makes me somehow a coward? How about the fact that a beat Gustafsson already, whether you guys like how close it was or not."

-----

DAMN did that tune change QUICK when it came to contract signing time after Tex...

Last edited:
I would but I'll also be happy to see all the upset "vikings" hah

Obviously you aren't listening. The tone changed dramatically when it came time to sign to fight Gus.

Notice the thread you are posting in? Obviously you didn't see Jones' twitter where he posted videos wanting DC over Gus when it came fight time... Less than 1 year and 1 fight after saying DC didn't deserve a shot...

The tone changed after DC dominated Hendo and called him out in front of everyone.

I. But DC is injured so he couldn't fight Jones anyway even if the UFC would want him to.

I rather see the winner fight DC right after like it's planned

I. But DC is injured so he couldn't fight Jones anyway even if the UFC would want him to.

No... Jones ignored that for a week, until news broke that Cormier had a bum knee... then BOOM, he and his fans want DC now.

Show me where Jones called out DC after DCs call-out, but before the knee announcement 5 days later...

Me. I actually predicted Gustaffson to beat Jones in their fight, but I really want to see DC just maul and throw around Jon Jones. Can't wait until that fight. Wish it happened even though I want to see a rematch between Jones vs Gustaffson

I think DC offers a different look and I would prefer for DC to put up or shut up cuz he's been stallin at fighting for a belt for what seems to be years and now we wont see him fight for the belt until mid 2015. (Hopefully early april)
But he beat cummins and an old Hendo who looked done in the shogun fight minus the H-bomb. So I can understand why some still believe gus deserves it more.

Gus....Well yes he proved that if you add height and reach you can greatly Damage Jones and even make him need a ER visit..But Jones still clearly won... Gus has nothing for Jones Warrior spirit. Just another tough fought decision Via Jones or an absolute Beat down Via Jones.
Gus lost Phil Davis which says a lot....:(

And Jones lost to hammil, says more.

Joking aside, people bringing up the Davis loss are complete morons that are either trolling or know nothing about mma.

Do you REALLY enjoy them?

Okay...

So that 'call out' Cormier did. The one where Jones heard him and then suddenly wanted to fight him...

From MARCH 2014: (specifically in response to the 'call-out')

"First and foremost, since you're speaking more respectfully, I'll say congratulations on your victory and your weight loss,” Jones told Fox Sports’ Damon Martin. “But as far as giving you a title shot, I have no interest in fighting you right now, only because of the fact that you really haven't fought anyone that I consider a top-level fighter.”

"I'm kind of sick of seeing UFC light heavyweights fight against kind of like 'cans' until they get a title shot. I really want to see a top contender fight a top contender and I think you need to fight someone a little bit more well-known than Patrick Cummins. Fight against Rashad [Evans], fight against somebody legit, man. Then I think it would be a little more appropriate to give you that title shot."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-title-shot-jon-jones-says-hes-not-interested

-----

From SEPTEMBER 2013: (1 fight ago)

"To be honest with you, I don't think Daniel Cormier really deserves a big fight," Jones said. "I don't respect him as a person. I think fighting me would be an opportunity of a lifetime for him. I don't think I have much to gain from beating Daniel Cormier because no one knows who he is, and he hasn't really proved much."

http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/9/1...ier-doesnt-deserve-big-fights-glover-teixeira

-----

From MAY 2014: (now)

"Asking for an undefeated Olympic wrestler, strikeforce champion, makes me somehow a coward? How about the fact that a beat Gustafsson already, whether you guys like how close it was or not."

-----

DAMN did that tune change QUICK when it came to contract signing time after Tex...

Notice everyone one of your quotes of Jones saying DC doesn't deserve a title shot happened before DC fought Hendo, a fight a happened May 24 2014. Notice after DC dominates Hendo (who Jones probably sees as legit) and calls Bones out on national television, Jones then changes his tune as you about fighting DC as point out. Do you see the correlation? Looks like you are the one who isn't paying attention if you think think the DC call out everyone is referring to happened in March. The DC Hendo fight happened in May buddy.

Also, we get to see the rematch from one of the best fights in mma history. People need to stop bitching. DC is a great fighter and will get opportunity, possibly vs both Gus and Jones in the future. These three are in the top to stay.

Notice everyone one of your quotes of Jones saying DC doesn't deserve a title shot happened before DC fought Hendo, a fight a happened May 24 2014. Notice after DC dominates Hendo and calls Bones out on national television, Jones changes his tune as you point out. Do you see the correlation? Looks like you are the one who isn't paying attention if you think think the DC call out everyone is referring to happened in March. The DC Hendo fight happened in May buddy.

Show me where Jones mentions DC in the 4-5 days after a big network TV callout... You know, before the bum knee was revealed...

I guess he wasn't paying attention for a few days, and/or wanted some hype to die down before trying to sell a fight, eh?

Let's phrase it like this. Who are you going to see fight, Jones vs Gus or DC vs Jones. Well, ladies and gentleman, you're going to see Jones VS. Gus. SO, who cares

DC' victories over top 5 LHW. Um wait, how did he jump the line?

DC' victories over top 5 LHW. Um wait, how did he jump the line?

Gustafsson doesn't have a single top 5 win, either.

I'd probably rather see Cormier fight Jones right away as I'm a big fan of Cormier, but either fight is top quality.

Back