Who would have won: Rich Franklin or Ryan Bader?

Chin is garbage?
He's only been put out cold twice. Has only been KOed/TKOed 5 times. I'd pick Bader to win though.

I think that guy has something personally against Rich, he says that same comment all the time and it makes no sense.

I can honestly see Bader winning in a similar fashion to how Forrest beat Franklin -- not that Bader and Forrest Griffin are similar fighters, but I feel that Bader can pull off that game plan. I can see it being pretty competitive.

Bader is the most boring fighter ever, but I think he wins this fight by UD.

The very best version Rich would have a shot at any version of Bader right up until around the Lyoto/Glover fights. After that, Bader started to make great strides in his defensive fundamentals. I can't see Rich winning after that.

It's a hard fight for him even if you take the best version of him against an incomplete Bader. I like Rich, but Bader was all wrong for him.

Prime Franklin takes it. Post-Anderson I Franklin could go either way. Post-Anderson II Franklin loses I think.

Bader only thing Ace had on MWs was size and strength when that was no longer a large advantage his time ran out

Rich's ground game was grossly underrated and he had nice transitions, but he struggled against big dudes. The only reason I got to train with him was because he was looking to improve against bigger, stronger guys on the ground. He knew it was a problem, though he certainly never worded it that way. He was a better fighter, p4p, than Forrest but Forrest overwhelmed Rich with his size and positional control. Bader is bigger, stronger with better wrestling. Again, I think Prime Rich was better p4p, but he had issues against size and strength. The only time he even took fights at Franklinweight was for a paycheck, let alone LHW.

Ryan Bader would have won. Franklin had problems with big LHWs, see the Forrest Griffin fight only Bader is a better wrestler, has more KO power and has better striking than Forrest.
I dont think Ryan has better striking than Forrest...like all.

But I do agree he would win

Back in the day I think this would be as close as can be, with a lot of Bader wrestling

I dont think Ryan has better striking than Forrest...like all.

But I do agree he would win

I think he clearly does, Forrest has practically no KO power and he's much slower. Only thing striking wise that Forrest is better than Bader at is kicks.

Ryan Bader would have won. Franklin had problems with big LHWs, see the Forrest Griffin fight only Bader is a better wrestler, has more KO power and has better striking than Forrest.

I had a measly little $10 parlay on that Rich vs Forrest card for 8 fights. First 7 were all correct, and for the main event I'd picked Franklin. Damn, that burned. I remember Forrest repeatedly clinching and tripping Rich to the mat. Annoying fight.

Bader only thing Ace had on MWs was size and strength when that was no longer a large advantage his time ran out

If the only thing Rich had was size and strength, then every worthless macho man gym rat power lifter would be a world class fighter.

Franklin would find a way to beat Bader. Bader is too mentally weak so he would crack sooner or later.

Franklin would find a way to beat Bader. Bader is too mentally weak so he would crack sooner or later.

Pretty hard to crack mentally while taking someone down and beating them up from top position. Franklin wouldn't be able to keep it standing and Bader has great top control so he's likely not getting back up either.

I had a measly little $10 parlay on that Rich vs Forrest card for 8 fights. First 7 were all correct, and for the main event I'd picked Franklin. Damn, that burned. I remember Forrest repeatedly clinching and tripping Rich to the mat. Annoying fight.
Franklin-Griffin was a main card fight and Anderson Silva-Belfort was the headline fight that night.

Bellator Bader smashes any version of Franklin, too skilled and too big

Bellator Bader smashes any version of Franklin, too skilled and too big

Bellator Bader isnt any better than UFC Bader. Hands may have improved a bit, but he isnt as quick with the overhand anymore and his takedown mobility has stiffened up.

Back