Who would have won: Rich Franklin or Ryan Bader?

I will go ahead and ask if the fight were at LHW/Franklinweight who would have won?

Option 1: Franklin

dvpu7n_jpg.gif

Option 2: Bader

mwqkw8.gif
He's got a weak chin. Bader's got heavy hands, and would be coming for that title.

Franklin, I don't think it's even close. Bader is way to hittable, size doesn't matter the way he holds his chin.

Rich-Franklin-Wearing-UFC-Champion-Belt.jpg

Remember Rich didn't even train MMA. He was a math teacher he did this for fun. Bader trains full time and still puts his chin out like he's a flamingo with a brain hemorrhage.

I think Prime Franklin takes it. I know Bader has the power and the wrestling, but Ace has power too and Bader is chinny. As long as he can keep it standing, chances are in his favor to at least win a decision due to his superior striking.

At 195, Franklin has a shot. At 205 Bader is just too big.

Franklin, he was a great fighter. Bader is just good, not great.

Bader's weakness is his striking and chin, which feeds into Rich's strengths.

Remember Rich didn't even train MMA. He was a math teacher he did this for fun. Bader trains full time and still puts his chin out like he's a flamingo with a brain hemorrhage.
Franklin gave up being a teacher, and trained full time, in 2003 when he got into the UFC.

Only way this fight was possible was 2010-2012 and I think Rich was starting to slow down.

He's got a weak chin. Bader's got heavy hands, and would be coming for that title.

Franklin had a weak chin? He got finished by Lyoto, Anderson, Vitor and Cung Le. Got dropped by Wanderlei a few times but Wanderlei even out of his prime was hurting many of the guys he fought.

Don’t think he had an iron chin but not a bad one at all.

the best rich vs the best bader?

pink and brown all day

I think it would have to be more like 10+ years. Bader's wrestling and size is too much for Franklin unless we are talking a very green Bader.
Yeah, you're probably right.
Even as i typed that, in my head i'm going back through Franklin's catalog, i just thought 10 years sounded too long ago, but it's probably pretty accurate.

Franklin gave up being a teacher, and trained full time, in 2003 when he got into the UFC.

Disagree, he schooled plenty of people in the Octagon.

Franklin, being because Franklin would be considered a big fight for Bader and Bader usually loses all those kinds of fights. Of course not in the present, Rich has been long gone for a while now. I miss the guy, great fighter.

Ryan Bader would have won. Franklin had problems with big LHWs, see the Forrest Griffin fight only Bader is a better wrestler, has more KO power and has better striking than Forrest.
This was the first thing that came to my mind

Back